Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Laziness  (Read 8970 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re:Laziness
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2003, 01:44:16 pm »

I second that emotion.  The people with whom I've had significant direct involvement in the FSP are by and large great people: committed, thoughtful, intelligent.  I like the idea of living near these people.  That is, except on the days when the fur really flies in the east-west debates. ;)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

exitus

• To face freedom, turn 180º from tyranny.
    • Mercados libres y paz: El Cato Institute
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2003, 02:32:05 pm »

In the case that anyone is reading that last quoted statement of mine out-of-context, nothing has changed to the status of my Statement of Intent.  I gave my word by signing the contract; even if the FSP chooses to go to the dark side of the Moon, or North Dakota or someplace like that, I'll still do everything I possibly can to make it.  ;D
". . .the foundations of our national policy should be laid in private morality. If individuals be not influenced by moral principles, it is in vain to look for public virtue” -- U.S. Senate's reply to George Washington's first inaugural address

Hank

• "The Men That Don't Fit In"
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 06:06:59 pm »

My observation is that most Americans are pretty lazy nowadays, and that libertarians are generally lazier than most.  That is pretty sad, since what we're considering here with the FSP is hard work in pursuit of one's own interests.  We'll all be happier, wealthier, and freer in the Free State, no matter where that state is located.
It remains to be seen whether there are still enough lions of liberty left in the world to make a difference.  If not, I say those who proclaim their libertarianism but fail to do anything about it deserve their chains.
How's that for a challenge?

We will see when the rubber meets the road
and when the shoe leather meets the bricks.

I'm afraid laziness will win.

That may be why even the FSP leadership once overtly pushed Wyoming as a backup just in case we were short on rubber and shoeleather.
There's A race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't stay still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
http://www.internal.org/view_poem.phtml?poemID=295
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up