Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brand new with a couple Q's  (Read 1480 times)

Griffin

Brand new with a couple Q's
« on: October 04, 2011, 11:25:50 am »

Hello every one.... I stumbled across this site last night while trying to find a place where like minded people live..And I found it!!! This is exactly what and where I want to live  and be a part of. A couple logistical Questions 

1. My wife and I are Cook/Chef/Bartenter/ Restaurant people, with such a good economy work should be abundant. Which areas have the biggest concentration of Restaurants, Hotels and Bars?

2. My wife does not drive, which areas have good public transportation?

3. We also have a small mature Boston Terrier (like a child to us) which areas are dog friendly?

4. Most importantly which areas need the most help?

Thanks,
Griffin
Too Poor to be a Republican
Too Smart to be a Democrat

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Brand new with a couple Q's
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:37:45 am »

Welcome, Griffin.  Manchester has a lot of restaurants, but I don't know about public transportation.  Portsmouth is a very walkable city and also has a fair number of restaurants.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 11:53:46 am »

Restaurants:  check
Public transportation: check
Economy not in a rut: check
Dog friendly: check
Private clubs: check

Manchester's only dog park happens to also be bulit and maintained without tax dollars.

There also seems to be unpublic transportation in Manchester.   ;)

There is currently an effort to maintain a localized citizens watch in Manchester ( to have someone at every city meeting, etc )

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 11:56:03 am »

Did I forget to mention the halfway houses?  There are (ussualy) apartments/rooms for rent for early movers.

http://porcmanor.com/

PeaceXtremist

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 11:38:03 am »

The greater Manchester area by far has the most opportunities because it's the biggest.  Easiest place to live without a car, find a job and also...it has the most Porcs! 

time4liberty

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 09:49:41 pm »

Hello every one.... I stumbled across this site last night while trying to find a place where like minded people live..And I found it!!! This is exactly what and where I want to live  and be a part of. A couple logistical Questions  

Welcome! :)

1. My wife and I are Cook/Chef/Bartenter/ Restaurant people, with such a good economy work should be abundant. Which areas have the biggest concentration of Restaurants, Hotels and Bars?

Per capita, hands down, Portsmouth -- but there are also tons in Manchester and a lot in Nashua -- and there are quite a few all over. Tourism is NH's second largest industry.

2. My wife does not drive, which areas have good public transportation?

Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmouth. Also, many NH towns and cities are quite walkable/bikable.

3. We also have a small mature Boston Terrier (like a child to us) which areas are dog friendly?

I can't really answer this for you, not being a dog owner -- but I can tell you some pro-liberty folks just finished a voluntarily funded dog park in Manch that was going to be built with taxpayer money at great expense. http://www.manchesterdogpark.org/

4. Most importantly which areas need the most help?

Really, anywhere in NH is a fine place to be! Depending on your style of activism though, you might find a better fit some places than others. For example, if you're thinking of running for the state house, or otherwise getting involved in politics, Keene might not be the best bet -- the areas near Manch and Concord would probably be better (and are closer to the state house) (also, if this is your interest, check out nhliberty.org). If you're really into Agorism -- which means basically starting independent businesses without jumping through state hoops -- there seems to be a good deal of people working on it in Nashua, and Grafton. Keene, meanwhile, has become famous for civil disobedience.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:51:53 pm by time4liberty »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything