Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Democratic Party is against candidates that are FSPers or support liberty  (Read 14389 times)

freedomroad

Re: Democratic Party is against candidates that are FSPers or support liberty
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 01:25:35 pm »

A blogger at GraniteGrok covered this, well, sort of.

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2011/10/nh_dems_target_free_state_project.html

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 11:23:47 am »

The UL responds to Backus with an editorial:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111012/OPINION01/710129965

Unlike the liberal activists Backus supports, Free Staters came to New Hampshire to keep it New Hampshire, not to change it. As Backus knows, it’s not one’s birthplace that matters, but one’s beliefs. By making this association, he hopes to distract Manchester voters from the views of his own party’s candidates. Don’t fall for it.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

swamp_yankee

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 01:51:33 pm »

Those are real positive words from UL. But Im not sure all FSPers want to keep NH NH. Thats conservative not radical.

Still what a point blank example of main line NH liberals doing a hit job on the FSP and a traditionally conservative NH paper coming to the defense.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 04:09:00 pm »

The UL responds to Backus with an editorial:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111012/OPINION01/710129965

Unlike the liberal activists Backus supports, Free Staters came to New Hampshire to keep it New Hampshire, not to change it. As Backus knows, it’s not one’s birthplace that matters, but one’s beliefs. By making this association, he hopes to distract Manchester voters from the views of his own party’s candidates. Don’t fall for it.

Thanks for posting!

Those are real positive words from UL. But Im not sure all FSPers want to keep NH NH. Thats conservative not radical.

Were you under the misimpression that all free staters are radicals?  Many move to NH because they like that it has low taxes, lax gun laws, and a great quality of life - and yes, they want to keep it that way. 
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

ny2nh

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 06:17:29 pm »

All other things being equal, no matter what district in NH a vote for state rep happens, if one of the candidates for state rep is an outed FSP participant, that candidate will lose votes because of that relation.

No.....the FSPer who no one knows in the district will lose. The candidate who is known in his/her community and has more to them than being an FSPer can be elected.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:15 am »

Still what a point blank example of main line NH liberals doing a hit job on the FSP and a traditionally conservative NH paper coming to the defense.

I don't know if I would espouse NH much on its traditional conservatism.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 12:06:58 am »

Having the democratic party distance themselves from the FSP seems like a good thing to me.
I would also guess that amongst non-voters in NH .... they have a positive image of fsp members .... if they actually know who we are :)
Thanks Denis for telling is what kind of activism we should participate in ... I will keep it in mind.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

antistate1190

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 12:16:24 am »

Having the democratic party distance themselves from the FSP seems like a good thing to me.
I would also guess that amongst non-voters in NH .... they have a positive image of fsp members .... if they actually know who we are :)
Thanks Denis for telling is what kind of activism we should participate in ... I will keep it in mind.

The dems tend to be more statist and anti-capitalist then the repubs in many areas. We shouldnt focus on other political parties but building our own (libertarian obviously.)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 12:45:58 am »

and maybe even avoid the entire political racket
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

antistate1190

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 01:06:55 am »

and maybe even avoid the entire political racket

We should do whatever we can to escape the political system and live like free individuals but we shouldn't ignore the state all together. I would never involve myself in state politics since I oppose it all but I would much rather see more free staters/libertarians/anarcho-capitalists in political power then statists.

Alex Libman

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 03:06:17 am »

Dems are definitely the greater of two evils.  Total Republican political domination for a decade or two is likely a prerequisite for an emergence of a viable Libertarian alternative.  But that's talking on a macropolitical scale - things like Seasteading and Private Land Secession operate on a different level entirely.

freedomroad

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 02:48:19 pm »

The leader of the Manchester Democrats, Manchester City Chair Bob Backus, was on the WGIR AM 610 show called The Political Insider on 10/12.
http://www.wgiram.com/player/index.html?mid=21488494&station=WGIR-AM&program_id=NEWSSTORIES.xml&program_name=podcast

Bob Backus lied about FSPers.  The next guest on was the NH Senate Majority Leader.  He thought it was a good thing that people that like the New Hampshire Live Free or Die motto are moving to NH.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:03:02 pm by LoveAndPeace »

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 08:35:56 pm »

Dems are definitely the greater of two evils.
Funny, I don't feel like the greater of two evils.

You should meet my brother. He's definitely a greater evil than me. And he's a Republican.

Alex Libman

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 11:27:12 pm »

I was speaking in aggregate.

Denis Goddard might be one of 0-2 Free Staters (myself excluded) who still has my total respect.   :)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »

I was speaking in aggregate.

Denis Goddard might be one of 0-2 Free Staters (myself excluded) who still has my total respect.   :)

who is the other one?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up