Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have kids or thinking about having kids?  (Read 10790 times)

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
Re:Have kids or thinking about having kids?
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2003, 06:06:00 pm »

hmmmm strange... well, I would consider donating sperm to an unknown female as long as I would not be liable in the future for the child - I look forward to being a father potentially someday BUT only with my choosen mate.... otherwise anonymous is for me...
nothing to say...

Reaper

• FSP Participant
  • Atheism cures religious terrorism!
    • The Reaper's Den
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2003, 06:28:03 pm »

You see, that is the problem IMO.  There is currently no way to guarantee you that you will not be liable for child support.  Under the current testicle tax . . . er, child support . . . laws because child support is a "right of the child" the mother cannot waive it legally which means at any time in the future regardless of prior contracts and assurances the mother can petition for and will be awarded child support.

In fact, there's even an 11-year-old boy and a 10-year-old boy in New Zealand who both have their newspaper delivery route money garnished to pay child support to the 30+ year old women who they got pregnant.

It's an oddity of New Zealand law that an adult having sex with a female minor is illegal but an adult having sex with a male minor is not.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2003, 07:16:27 pm by Reaper »
Reaper
Proud member of the FSP's lunatic fringe!

"If we turn from battle because there is little hope of victory, where then would valor be?  Let it ever be the goal that stirs us, not the odds."

Joyfulsubversive

• FSP Participant
  • Gun control is Revolting...Why aren't you?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2003, 08:26:01 pm »

Reaper points out some very good points.  Points which many thoughtful people over look.  That aside OMG  :o 10 and 11 year old's wages garnished?  Who knew they were even producing working sperm that young?  Oh my stars.  Oh well.   :-\ Respectfully, Tracie
A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have -Barry Goldwater

If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not free at all -JACOB HORNBERGER

God bless America but fuck the assholes who run it.  -Unknown

Margot Keyes (SUNSHINE)

• Greeter Coordinator
  • FSP Participant
  • Mama of a prickle of four porcupine pups
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2003, 02:33:18 am »

???
Hi there - since you folks seem to be some of the most current forum users at the moment regarding this topic, I am posing my question to you.

I HAVE four children, taught in a Montessori school as yet, enjoying a very comfortable life with me and my husband in the midwest.  Aside from snow too long and too damn many mosquitos, we LOVE it here.  Yes it is a state rife with liberals, but we aren't feeling particularly oppressed.

We have a wonderful home (newly remodeled last year!), fabulous friends, my husband has a great job with a company that loves its employees and everyone calls the CEO by his first name.  We are feeling very settled here after 12 years from moving from the east coast.

How do you feel confident uprooting your entire life when you have so many little lives depending on you, without being able to absolutely ensure them a similar if not better future??

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of FSP, I have a limited edition signed portrait of Ayn Rand in my living room and read the works of Thomas Jefferson and other great thinkers.  We are very much behind this effort, in its concept.  How did you fine forum folks who have made the decision to sign up, finally stop that pendulum from swinging?? How did you finally say, YES!!! Let's MOVE to the FREE STATE!! ???

We wrestle many nights per week with this topic of a life-change until 2:00 am-  with 10 month old twins, I need more sleep!!! ::)

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Any alleged 'right' of one man, which necessitates the violation of the rights of another, is not and cannot be a right.
-- Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up