Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum footer, normal_post_sticky.gif redirect loop  (Read 10967 times)

Alex Libman

Forum footer, normal_post_sticky.gif redirect loop
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:53:36 pm »

There is a minor problem with this forum's version of the Iblues Theme, which is the default theme and is currently used by all except 14 users on this forum.

• Certain forum user actions (ex. unread, unreadreplies) produce invisible footer text that renders white on white.  The same text appears as somewhat-readable-but-barely white-on-light-blue on board message lists (ex).  This behavior is consistent among all modern browsers.

• The aforementioned footer attempts to embed the "normal_post_sticky.gif" icon, just before the text "Sticky Topic".  The board message list pages use a different path (s/icons/topic/) for this file name, which works as seen here: .

• The aforementioned missing image 302-redirects to a non-existent "index.php" in the same directory, which endlessly 302-redirects to itself.  This causes some browsers (ex. Opera) to keep retrying and never declare the page as loaded until the user clicks "stop" or presses escape.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:59:31 pm by Alex Libman »

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
Re: Forum footer, normal_post_sticky.gif redirect loop
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:11:58 am »

I fixed some incorrect path settings in the themes, so the footer issue should be fixed.  I can verify no load issue on Opera.

Alex Libman

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 10:44:59 am »

Another CSS issue so minor it doesn't deserve a separate thread: links inside quotes appear white-on-white during message preview.

(This text appears white-on-white if you click "Quote" and then "Preview".)

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:08 pm »

Another CSS issue so minor it doesn't deserve a separate thread: links inside quotes appear white-on-white during message preview.

(This text appears white-on-white if you click "Quote" and then "Preview".)
White on light grey!

The main problem is that the default theme with the porcupine was made for SMF 1.0, and we're at 1.1.14, and looking to go to 2.0 sometime soon.

Would love if someone would adapt a theme that works on 1.1 and 2.0 for the forum.  I tried looking at a few, but none quite had the look of Iblues.

Alex Libman

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 04:41:35 pm »

Don't look at me, I like yellow text on black backgrounds and ANSI art from the 90s.   >:D

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 06:11:56 pm »

So get a theme that does that, I can install it.

Alex Libman

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 08:05:33 am »

I hate to say this, but the problem described in the first post has not been fixed.

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 11:43:33 am »

I hate to say this, but the problem described in the first post has not been fixed.

Which one?  Load issues are fixed, colors are not, need a new theme as I have called for.

The site has a few other themes you can adopt if you wish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything