Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The young bull and the old bull  (Read 3076 times)

EMOR

• I'm a llama!
The young bull and the old bull
« on: July 15, 2003, 03:11:47 pm »

I am sure everyone has heard this one before. It kind of reminds me of the NH and Wyoming debate. NH is the young bull, who wants to rush in and get a few spots in the senate and a little more freedom then he is done, the project is over. Wyoming is the old bull, he says take he says take your time plan it out and achieve "liberty in our lifetime".      ;D
WY>SD>AK>VT>ND>DE>MT>ID>NH>ME

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
Re:The young bull and the old bull
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 04:19:24 pm »

I am sure everyone has heard this one before. It kind of reminds me of the NH and Wyoming debate. NH is the young bull, who wants to rush in and get a few spots in the senate and a little more freedom then he is done, the project is over. Wyoming is the old bull, he says take he says take your time plan it out and achieve "liberty in our lifetime".      ;D

How so?  I never saw any plans by any NH proponent that included stopping, I only saw well defined, plausible goals for winning increasing electoral success over time.  

What's the Wyoming plan?

Dalamar49

• FSP Participant
  • I smoked out the sheriff and his deputy! : )
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 07:58:55 pm »

Yeah, what is the Wyoming plan?  ???

The NH crowd seems to have a well thought out, detailed plan on how to utilize FSP and Libertarian resources to immediately maximize the amount of freedom for all NH residents.  ;D

What do the Wyoming supporters plan to do if WY is chosen?
Also, what are the plans for Idaho? I'd love to see each state's proponents present plans in the forum to make their state a better place.

Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Don't give up the fight.

ZuG

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 08:37:11 pm »

We have plenty of time, up to 5 years, after the state is chosen to carefully research and craft a plan to enact more freedom for the chosen state. New Hampshire supporters have simply saved us some work. Since Wyoming is not terribly wired to the internet, not as many native Wyoming people have sat down and thought about a plan.

I personally support WY, but I'd have to dig a lot more into the nitty gritty of the constitution and legislature of the state to come up with a cohesive plan. I think that Joe is the only one who has done enough of this regarding WY to make an educated gameplan at this point.

However, it's important to realize that NH happens to have a lot of supports who also currently live there, more than the other candidate states. Thus, they can easily see how we could target their homestate to make things more free. This fact, however, does not mean that such effective plans could not be crafted for each of the ten states. In fact, I would venture to argue that equally good plans could be crafted for all ten of the states. It is a waste of resources to do so, though, until the vote is taken.
Before you post that comment, think. The people you are talking to will soon be your neighbors. Would you talk to your neighbor in the way you are talking to those on the forum?

lloydbob1

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 09:07:51 pm »

Sounds like so much Bull to me.
Lloyd

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 10:08:53 pm »

However, it's important to realize that NH happens to have a lot of supports who also currently live there, more than the other candidate states. Thus, they can easily see how we could target their homestate to make things more free. This fact, however, does not mean that such effective plans could not be crafted for each of the ten states. In fact, I would venture to argue that equally good plans could be crafted for all ten of the states. It is a waste of resources to do so, though, until the vote is taken.

First, we had people from 22 states and Canada come to the Escape, and second...

If you're not ALREADY planning for 2004 (never MIND 2003!), you're WAY behind the times, because the D's and R's have already made their plans for your state.

The LPNH isn't playing catch-up anymore. Liberty is too important.

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

freedomroad

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 11:00:47 pm »

We have plenty of time, up to 5 years,

All of the FSP offical information says we have around 7 or 8 years.  Since, the 5 years does not start until we reach 20,000 members.

after the state is chosen to carefully research and craft a plan to enact more freedom for the chosen state. New Hampshire supporters have simply saved us some work.

I was not aware of a NH plan.  I have heard nothing of electing 1000s of people in local elections.  I would like to see how NH plans to get a majority of the local offices filled with libertarians.

Both NH and WY supports have talked about bits and parts of plans and they sound good so far.

In fact, BOSTON T. PARTY went so far as to write an entire BOOK that is nothing but a plan for the FSP to win control of Wyoming, step-by-step.  The book is due out in September according to the President of the Wyoming Sports Shooting Association who helped Boston T. Party with the book.

This book is, as far as I know, the only well researched and thought out plan out there about how we will do it.  

Since Wyoming is not terribly wired to the internet, not as many native Wyoming people have sat down and thought about a plan.

Well, the internet is pretty common in Wyoming.  I agree that somepeople (even though they can get it) don't think they need it.

I personally support WY, but I'd have to dig a lot more into the nitty gritty of the constitution and legislature of the state to come up with a cohesive plan.

I'm going to be in Wyoming between July 20th and July 26th and I'll try to help you.  I already have plans to meet with libertarian state Senator Keith Goodenough (D-Casper).

tehlurk

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 11:17:25 pm »

I am sure everyone has heard this one before. It kind of reminds me of the NH and Wyoming debate. NH is the young bull, who wants to rush in and get a few spots in the senate and a little more freedom then he is done, the project is over. Wyoming is the old bull, he says take he says take your time plan it out and achieve "liberty in our lifetime".
That reminds me of an ancient chinese proverb. There are many paths to the top of the mountain but the view is always the same.
NH>AK>VT>DE>ME>ID>WY>MT>SD>ND

Sebastian

• FSP Participant
  • Elderado
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 08:26:14 am »

but I'd have to dig a lot more into the nitty gritty of the constitution and legislature of the state to come up with a cohesive plan.
Having a cohesive plan in place really influences my vote.

The main reason why I've for now placed NH above WY is that I have a better picture of what will happen when NH is chosen than I do when WY is chosen. The one big thing WY has going for it is population of course, but it seems to me that that pretty much is the entire plan... having a small population.
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for yourself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up