Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: (30) PREP FOR HARD TIMES  (Read 119486 times)

Auspicious Aspect

Re: Oathkeepers & CSPOA [Update: Making 2nd Amendment Movie]
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012, 12:52:41 am »

Luck...
Most abortions occur long before any viability.

Viability is a specious concept. A fetus becomes a baby when it's born, and not a second sooner.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 08:41:29 am »

But at the point of viability, its removal from the mother's womb will not automatically result in death.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 12:03:12 pm »

The libertarian issue is simply one of eviction.  The personhood of the fetus/baby is irrelevant: if it's not a person, it has no rights - if it is a person, it's still a tenant, and the owner of the space it occupies is allowed to evict it.

Viability is, actually, an issue relative to the method used.  I cannot evict a tenant by walking in and shooting him in the head without provocation, then dragging him out.  If it's winter and I evict him and he dies while living on the street, that's not the same thing as walking in and murdering him.  If the fetus/baby is viable, then the method used to remove it must be one which does not automatically kill it, such that its chance of survival is preserved.  It may still die, but if there's a reasonable chance that it would survive, it should be given that chance, not just killed and removed in pieces.

Now, if it's necessary to the mother's continued health that it be removed in a manner which cannot allow its survival, that's a different issue, just as if my tenant was dangerously psychotic and holding a hostage; shooting him would be necessary in order to make him leave without bloodshed.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 03:13:22 pm »

Viability is a specious concept. A fetus becomes a baby when it's born, and not a second sooner.
Premature babies are babies. Aborted fetuses that are viable are babies. One liberal on the OWS forum suggested that personhood is what matters and it begins when the brain begins to develop at about 20 to 23 weeks after conception. And MS's proposal makes sense to me.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »

Do premature babies survive at 20 to 23 weeks?
And how does that fit with Frank's position that Life begins at Conception?

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2012, 07:54:29 pm »

But at the point of viability, its removal from the mother's womb will not automatically result in death.

Perhaps, but so what? Until it's born, it's not a person.

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2012, 07:55:46 pm »

Premature babies are babies. Aborted fetuses that are viable are babies.

A fetus is never a baby; it becomes a baby at birth.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2012, 10:07:19 pm »

Perhaps, but so what? Until it's born, it's not a person.
Expulsion from the womb is birth.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers & CSPOA [Update: CIA Mischief in Middle East]
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2012, 03:17:33 pm »

BenghaziGate: Two 9/11's Bring Questions

It appears that our ambassador to Libya was working with the CIA. It appears that the CIA was providing arms to al Qaeda and other Islamic Jihadist groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood for the purpose of taking down governments in the middle-east - with the President's knowledge. [The Muslim Brotherhood is a fascist group initially associated with Hitler's Nazis.]

If this proves to be true, this thing is positively huge. Can it conceivably cost a sitting President his office? Can it throw the 2012 Presidential election? Can it awaken the cheer-leading sports-addicted and creature-comfort-crazed American public? Dare the media toss it out onto the table?

We are confronted by a bitter question. Watch the following brief videos and judge for yourself whether the U.S. government, all bright and shiny in its choreography and colluded chorus, dressed in its cloak of lies which have been fabricated through six decades of 'national security secrecy', has joined al Qaeda or not. Questions are coming "fast and furious", this time on a truly global and totally world-shattering scale.

BENGHAZI-WAS THIS A UNITED STATES GUNRUNNING OPERATION TO AL QAIDA JIHADIS?

http://counterjihadreport.com/2012/10/24/benghazi-was-this-a-united-states-gunrunning-operation-to-al-qaida-jihadis/ 

Former 20 year CIA veteran, Claire Lopez: "Jordan is targeted! Saudi Arabia is targeted!"
(excerpt from above link -- read whole article at link)

Questions:
•   Could the Obama Administration's Fast and Furious gunrunning operation to the Mexican drug cartels be simply a dress rehearsal for a much larger gunrunning operation to al Qaida-linked and other Jihadist groups in Libya and, more ominously, Syria?
•   Is the Obama Administration running guns into other Jihadist hot spots?
•   Does the United States of America have troops in Jordan?
•   Was Ambassador Stevens our operational officer in a gunrunning operation to al Qaida linked groups that had "gone wrong?"
•   Did the Obama Administration set Stevens up and leave him (with former Navy Seals, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods and computer expert, Sean Smith) to die?
•   Did President, Secretary Clinton, General Petraeus and others have fore-knowledge?
•   Others?
•   Who else knows now?
•   Does Governor Romney know now?
These and other questions and more were raised yesterday [October 24, 2012] in a conversation between Glen Beck and former CIA agent Clair Lopez.
The videos below are from the above link in this section.
-
Video: Glenn Beck - Libya The Real Story

Video: GBTV: Claire Lopez, Part 1

Video: GBTV: Claire Lopez, Part 2
-
Question: When did Syria become a threat to the USA?

Question: Is "the enemy of my enemy" necessarily my friend, when the enemy of my enemy is al Qaeda?

Question: Should the American people be pleased when the ATF furnishes high-powered guns and ammo to Mexican drug cartels and nobody goes to jail?

Question: Should the American people be pleased when Wachovia Bank launders hundreds of billions of dollars for the Mexican drug cartels and nobody goes to jail?

Question: Should the American people be pleased when taxpayer dollars are spent by the DEA to smuggle drugs into this country from Mexico in order to learn more about the Mexican drug cartels, and nobody goes to jail?

Question: How much outright crime by Eric Holder's Justice Department, which oversaw the gun running, the money laundering, and the drug smuggling, should the American people put up with, while Eric Holder does not go to jail?

Question: How does the NSA spy on every American citizen's emails and phone calls when the Fourth Amendment clearly states "probable cause", and nobody goes to jail?

Question: If the Federal government has been caught lying to the American people about Pearl Harbor, Korea, Vietnam, the Gary Frances Powers U-2 shoot-down over Russia, the Bay of Pigs fiasco, the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the Watergate break-in, the October Surprise, the Iran-Contra scandal, the BCCI scandal, the invasion of Iraq, and the longest ground war in our history -- the hunt for al Qaeda in Afghanistan -- what on earth would cause any thinking American to blindly believe that the Federal government is not lying through its teeth right now about running arms to al Qaeda in Libya and Syria?

Question: If our Federal government has so concentrated the authority and power which it has usurped from the several States which created it, is it not the responsibility of the several States to rein-in that usurpation and bring it back into compliance with its enumerated powers as listed in Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution?

There are, of course, other significant questions. Every American should have lots of questions. A good question might be -- If a sitting U.S. President imagines some reason to furnish military armaments to al Qaeda and/or associated Jihadist terror organizations, should that President go to jail?

A truism left to us by Thomas Jefferson will do nicely to end this initial glance at how the power players on high perceive themselves -

"Experience hath Shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."

Oath Keepers will be posting updates on this unfolding story at our national website. Please check back often, where you're invited to leave your comments under our articles. Url for this article:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/10/26/benghazigate-two-911s-bring-questions/

maverickthree

• LibertyDistricts2008
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

Here's another perspective on the events which transpired in Libya. Scroll down after hitting link.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1615.htm
Evil men rule when good men do nothing.

Those with the best information are most likely to succeed.

Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
          ----Barry Goldwater

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:55 pm »

MT: Here's another perspective on the events which transpired in Libya. Scroll down after hitting link.
http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1615.htm
Okay, I'll quote part of the article here then.

Monsanto “War” Kills US Ambassador To Libya

... Founded in 1998, Il Silvestre is one of the most feared eco-terror groups in the world who in 2010 were stopped by Swiss police forces from blowing up the site of the £55 million nano-technology headquarters of IBM in Europe located in Rueschlikon, near Zurich.

Il Silvestre, according to this report, had targeted this IBM headquarters facility in Switzerland (which houses the ‘quietest’ nano-technology rooms in the world) due to this American companies plans to genetically modify 70% of the world’s cocoa supply through the use of nano-bio technology.

The reason for Il Silvestre’s targeting of the Americans in Libya, this report continues, was the planned US-EU takeover of this northern African nation in order to implement the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) 2008 plan that demanded the massive planting of Monsanto genetically modified corn which former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi (1942-2011) had refused to allow in his country.

Unbeknownst to the vast majority of Westerners is that the true reason Libya was attacked and taken over by the US and EU was due to its immeasurable fresh water supply controlled by The Great Man Made River (GMR) Project described as the “eighth wonder of the world.” 

The GMR is the largest underground network of pipes and aqueducts in the world and consists of more than 1,300 wells, most more than 500 meters deep, and supplies 6,500,000 gallons of fresh water per day to the cities of Tripoli, Benghazi, Sirte and elsewhere making Libya the potentially largest agricultural exporter on the whole continent of Africa.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2012, 08:05:46 pm »

Short Video: Sheriff Mack on Police Brutality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsJQa29CRA0

Sam Adams

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »

Witnessed 2 weeks ago, a police officer trying to make an arrest at a restaurant for a women failure to appear. Police slammed womens face[nose] into table edge, blood everywhere. Two women with her attacked officer and brought him to ground and cuffed him. They declared a citizen arrest and we all wrote statements as to what we witnessed with carbon copies. Injured lady was taken to hospital by ambulance, and additional police were told by owner of establishment that he is pressing charges against officer and wants him arrested for assult and battery and never return to his property.  People have to act.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers & CSPOA [Update: Sheriff Mack Running in New Mexico]
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2012, 04:21:10 pm »

Win Or Lose: This Was A Great Campaign
Posted on November 05, 2012

November 5, 2012 | by Sheriff Richard Mack

Four or five months ago I lived in Texas and had just been beaten (perhaps skinned alive would be a better way to put it) in the Texas District 21 Congressional race. I was asked to run by GOOOH and, at the time, thought it was a good idea.

GOOOH promised funding and people to help; none of it was delivered. I ended up spending my own money, something that I assured my wife we would not have to do. One of the biggest campaign expenses was paying my “volunteer” campaign manager.

There was infighting and all sorts of ‘I’ and ‘me’ problems. I put my neck on the political chopping block for a chance to stand for freedom! Others, well, I am not sure what their motives were.  On the plus side, I did meet some great people and made some great friends.

I’ve worked on several campaigns in my time and with several other freedom organizations. Most of the time this work was plagued with backbiting, money grabbing and downright selfish me-itis. As a result, I have wondered how we could ever be successful in this movement for liberty with such “Benedict Arnold” types among us. Some are willing to be a part and work hard as long as things go their way and their egos are stroked.  They literally put themselves before Liberty, our country and the American people.

If I sound offended, cynical or extremely disappointed, perhaps it’s because I am. However, I just finished a fantastic event in Las Vegas with fantastic people who all had just one goal and purpose; putting our country and freedom first.

Faith Restored

Now I have had my faith in “Patriots” restored even more right here in little Lincoln County, New Mexico. Why? Because a local physician, Dr. Ray Seidel, decided that he had had enough and put himself on the line to run for county sheriff. He called me and asked for advice about his campaign. One thing led to another and we ended up concluding that I should run as his undersheriff. I committed to do so.

People and “Patriots” called us both crazy; I pretty much agreed with them. This was a very improbable election. Dr. Seidel is just that, a Doctor! He has never worked in law enforcement or in a jail and has never written a speeding ticket in his life. In New Mexico you don’t have to be “certified” to run for sheriff, you have to be a citizen. He is!

So, I moved to Lincoln County, Billie the Kid country, and I have had an amazing experience working on this campaign! Why should I get involved when the guy running has no experience, is a write-in candidate, and wears a gun all day, everyday?  Yes, Doc Seidel is an armed family practitioner. He believes in freedom, he loves America, and he knows the Constitution. His patients love him and don’t seem to mind his sidearm; he doesn’t care if they do.

So we have busted our tails with about 25 volunteers working this Seidel for Sheriff campaign. There is no manager, there is no “boss” and there is no backbiting or backstabbing. All of us work together for the better good of our country. We all know that freedom is at stake and hope we can make Lincoln County the freest county in America!

We meet together frequently, we express our ideas and opinions as to how to campaign and get our message out. We hash things out, we disagree with each other frequently, we strive for common ground and then we get back to work. There are no egos bigger than the cause or our goal. There are no tantrums and pouting or selfish agendas. There are people and Patriots and concerned citizens fighting for a lost cause.  In Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, James Stewart said that “lost causes” are the only causes really worth fighting for! So, here we are.

The campaign has been a huge success! The election is tomorrow. I don’t know if we are going to win. Many people say we are, many hope we are, many are counting on us winning because they believe it’s our last hope!

Whether we win or not, this campaign has been amazing; a Doctor running for sheriff, families and friends helping, fellow citizens standing with us and all putting the Holy Cause of Liberty first! If Doc wins, you can come and see this for yourself, common ordinary people fighting together to take back America, one Sheriff at a time. In fact, you won’t want to just stop by, you’ll want to move here!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:23:12 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Oathkeepers & CSPOA [Update: Sheriff Mack Running in New Mexico]
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2012, 04:22:41 pm »

[Police Brutality:] Witnessed 2 weeks ago, a police officer trying to make an arrest at a restaurant for a women failure to appear.
Where was that at, Sam?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up

anything