Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Liberty Forum/Minarchist  (Read 4673 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
2012 Liberty Forum/Minarchist
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:54:27 pm »

Put the name down of some good Minarchist speakers that you might want to hear at the 2012 Liberty Forum.

2 rules of this thread:
1.  No debating/etc... I will delete those posts... just talk about the Minarchist speakers you would be interested in.
2.  No repeats. If they spoke at LF before.... chances are they won't be speaking in 2012.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: 2012 Liberty Forum/Minarchist
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:43:06 pm »

I think the 2012 event should be "minarchist" and moderate.
I believe in small events .... last year going all radical and getting rid of the whole thing was too much too soon.
Maybe we can get some small convention speakers elected this year and work towards abolition down the road a bit. :-X

I think we could have many panels of our "work within the system" crowd.

lawyers
amateur legislators
pro legislators and guys like gary johnson
current government bureaucrats like cops, jailors, and such

they could talk about what they are actually doing instead of just theory

or you can just have denis get up and have anarchists throw tomatoes at him
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:13:13 am »

or you can just have denis get up and have anarchists throw tomatoes at him

hmmm this could be a good fundraiser.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:40:42 pm »

Our own Lance Weber of the Human Rights Defense Center in VT.

He sues prisons for a living!!!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

alecmuller

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »

Fernando Ferfal Aguirre, author of The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse

This guy was an architecture student during the 2001 Argentine economic crisis, and has been blogging about personal security since 2008 (or earlier, I think).  The book was very good, and offered a lot of practical first-hand advice for dealing with massive inflation, increased crime, government corruption, and preparing for all of the above.

He has the unique advantage of having experienced economic collapse first-hand (in modern times with things like cellphones and internet).

From reading the book, he's also a Ron Paul fan and lists the U.S. as #1 on his bug-out list (ahead of Argentina and Spain), so I'll bet he'd love to come talk to us.

[note: If Anarchist / Minarchist / Single-Issue are speaker tracks, he probably fits better in Single-Issue (I just took the "Single" part literally)]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:13:23 pm by alecmuller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up