Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Porcfest 2012 Ideas, Opinions, Thoughts, Suggestions  (Read 15414 times)

LoveFreedomAndLiberty

• Much of what I say is only my humble opinion
Porcfest 2012 Ideas, Opinions, Thoughts, Suggestions
« on: June 28, 2011, 03:49:43 pm »

What did you like about Porcfest 2011?  What was your favorite thing about Porcfest?

Want to give those that work so hard to make it all possible a pat on the back and a thank you?

Are you planning to attend Porcfest 2012?

Did you dislike something at Porcfest 2011?

What would you like to see at Porcfest 2012? 

Would you like to have volunteered for Porcfest 2011?

What are your compliments, concerns, ideas, etc.?
"There has never been a good war or a bad peace." -Benjamin Franklin

LoveFreedomAndLiberty

Re: Porcfest 2012 Ideas, Opinions, Thoughts, Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 03:51:54 pm »

I am new around here, so I wasn't able to make it this year, but really hope I can in 2012.  I want to thank everyone that has worked so hard to make the FSP and Porcfest possible for all of us.  

I don't know if there was a firearms safety class with a shooting range, but I wouldn't mind seeing that there.  I would like someone from GOA too, if they were willing to come.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:36:22 pm by LoveFreedomAndLiberty »

LoveFreedomAndLiberty

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 04:39:12 pm »

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:10 am »

What did you like about Porcfest 2011?  What was your favorite thing about Porcfest?

A lot, but especially Buzz's Bigger Gay Dance Party and Libertopia.

Want to give those that work so hard to make it all possible a pat on the back and a thank you?

Yes, but that would be a LOT of people.

Already reserved my room.

No closing ceremonies.

Lloyd's naked fireside fertility dance.

I did.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:20:56 am »

No closing ceremonies.

Sorry about the lack of closing ceremony. After a year and a week I was burned out and no one was showing up who was supposed to
(specifically Don Gorman of the NHLA who canceled last minute for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:01:51 am by Sovereign Curtis »
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

ny2nh

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:43 am »

Sorry about the lack of closing ceremony. After a year and a week I was burned out and no one was showing up who was supposed to
(specifically Don Gorman of the NHLA who canceled last minute for the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW)

Don Gorman had been in the emergency room the week prior and was required to go to the hospital daily all last week - which meant no PF for him. You had a fill-in step up so it really shouldn;t have been all tha big of a deal.

Tammy

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 11:10:40 am »

Don Gorman had been in the emergency room the week prior and was required to go to the hospital daily all last week - which meant no PF for him. You had a fill-in step up so it really shouldn;t have been all tha big of a deal.

Tammy

I did?
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 04:55:53 pm »

As an aside, for those of us who missed part or all of Porcfest, Burning Porc is going on in Grafton, and will finish on July 3rd, I think.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

ny2nh

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:18 pm »

Tammy

I did?

I thought Seth Cohn filled in?

Tammy

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 01:26:01 am »

Tammy

I did?

I thought Seth Cohn filled in?

Tammy

From what I understand, Seth did give a great speech ;)

robin.freiheit

• anarchy burger, hold the government
    • Because we want to be... FREE!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 03:01:47 pm »

What did you like about Porcfest 2011?  What was your favorite thing about Porcfest? My favorite thing about it was the people who really stepped up and worked their asses off the whole time when they could have just been sitting around enjoying their vacation =) than you so much, you know who you are

Want to give those that work so hard to make it all possible a pat on the back and a thank you? Curtis of course, Garland amazing as always, Commie Mosquito, BUZZ your party is always bigger and gayer and I love you, Robert Browne - hardest worked at porcfest ever, and REDNECK NICK!!

Are you planning to attend Porcfest 2012? YES YES YES - not interested in organizing a damn thing, but would love to help Buzz!!

Did you dislike something at Porcfest 2011? a lot of volunteers did not show up or check in... the ones that i actually had were awesome!!

What would you like to see at Porcfest 2012? MOAR UNCE!!

Would you like to have volunteered for Porcfest 2011? I did more than my share of work =p

What are your compliments, concerns, ideas, etc.? I want the GULLET crew to make ALL of my meals next year!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:23:35 pm by robin.m »
renegade0ffunk.tumblr.com

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 03:22:18 pm »

AltExpo talk on Hackerspaces... Liberty Roast... Rebel Inc... Bigger Gay Dance Party.. grilled cheese guy from Wisconsin... ice cream social... meeting some cool libertarians (and Gary Johnson too)
Yes - THANK YOU!
Absolutely
no slight intended, but Soapbox Idol seemed a little weak this year
more of the same!   :)
yes, but was not organized enough to step up to the plate. I plan to volunteer for 2012. It clearly does take a huge of work to run the event and it would be cool if more people volunteered next year.
I attended in 2009, was not able to attend last year. In 2 years, it's grown tremendously. It was cool that there were a lot of food options (some of the food vendors seemed to have some organizational issues... but I imagine the free market will sort that out for next year). It was cool to see AltExpo growing and also friendly "competitor" Free U. Packed schedule. Next year I am going to try to go for the full week.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 05:05:48 pm »

cool to hear
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

shemdogg

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 10:44:35 pm »

What was your favorite thing about Porcfest?
hangin out with ppl at RV / vendor sites
ya
some of the events i caught in the barn / garage (whatever that main stage room was called) over the weekend were cult-ish  :-\
more ppl? better wknd weather?  ...  more chicks?
nah
bathrooms sucked but i guess that's outta your control.  and the cult thing. 
oh, and turn off the fuckin lights on that main stage on the prime time night events
drunk or sober how i'm gonna get down when i got flood lights shinin on me? ???

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 08:56:54 pm »

Hard to pick...the relaxed, friendly culture probably tops it. As someone else said, any event that has Starchild as well as constitutionalist Republicans, families etc has a lot going for it, in my opinion.

Sure, thank you!

Absolutely, and better yet I will only have to make it from Manch next time rather than PA!

Well, it would've been nice if there were more event programs printed up, what with all the rain :-\  I know I wasn't the only one with a soggy, barely-usable copy. Also, with all due respect to the tremendous effort Curtis surely went through to organize this year, one main person does seem like too little to organize such a crazy event, especially as evidenced by the comment I saw about working 20-80 hrs, every week, if that's correct. Delegation and decentralization!

Better weather mostly  :P 

Nah, it was my first year so it was good to take it all in.

Well, it was a pretty great time; as I mentioned, my major impediment to enjoying it was the rain, obviously not in anyone's control. I know the basic stance on suggestions for porcfest is to "be the change you wish to see", but someone mentioned the idea of an "Agorist Urinal" (lol), since the campground bathrooms are a bit clustered together toward the top of the hills. For drunk people coming back from the pavilion or wherever late at night who don't feel like trekking up yonder, it might be pretty convenient. Maybe do a dollar per leak or something, depending how much it might cost to rent a set of port-a-potties? Haven't really looked into this yet, just a thought though.   
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up