Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New Event Organizer for PorcFest 2012  (Read 23497 times)

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
Re: New Event Organizer for PorcFest 2012
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2011, 06:52:38 pm »

Does anybody know what the carrying capacity of Roger's Campground is? What's going to happen when 10,000 people show up to Porcfest? Is there a larger campground in New Hampshire? Just curious.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2011, 07:11:13 pm »

I saw Curtis speak with him on a very regular basis throughout PorcFest. So I am sure his concerns did not go unnoticed.

Thanks Robin for your quick response to my inquiry.  I don't know if his issues were addressed, but I wonder why he came to me if they were?  I do know that there were serious issue presented by the owner of Roger's, but I don't know if they were addressed.  Perhaps Curtis could shine more light on this?

My only concern is PorcFest will grow and prosper, but keep in mind we are dealing with rural NH, and we have to address there concerns.

Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Trenks

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »

The event was phenomenally awesome. I don't know if that has anything to do with any of the organizer's.  I do think they did a great job. I've heard a lot about. Curtis "egoism"  i see what they are saying. I don't care. However,  it probably would be a good idea to just have a different front man/woman (woman probably better)  I am an excellent organizer myself, but I would sell more tickets if I had a cute teenager doing all the talking.  as far the pot incident,  I agree with Ian and others on that. What is overlooked is the larger phenomena of a unique character most likely to cater to similar characters.   With Curtis you are always going to have the younger people and agorists / Voluntaryists more happy in general than older minarchist families.  But if you have a 50 year old minarchist doing the organizing, more minarchists and families will be satisfied than will younger Voluntarists.  It will never be prefect.  

Trenks

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2011, 07:19:18 pm »

For the record I am "Voluntary Trenqs" on FB and owner of Windigee food truck.  Just treasury on free Keene.  I know it needs to be consistent.  I also think RVs should be allowed in the valley.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »

Does anybody know what the carrying capacity of Roger's Campground is? What's going to happen when 10,000 people show up to Porcfest? Is there a larger campground in New Hampshire? Just curious.

I don't know how many folks Roger's can handle, but I do know it is the largest privately owned CG in NH.  I do know that Crosby (owner) is the only person, place, that would afford us the opportunity to put on the type of event PorcFest has become.

My concern is if we don't start paying a little more attention to his concerns we could loose everything.
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2011, 01:34:05 am »

Robin,

I heard many complaints from people who were asking if there was a closing ceremony / debrief, as apparently it was not on the schedule.

I also agree it was the best Porcfest ever.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2011, 11:16:00 am »

more folks attend to air their grievances.

We had Festivus at Porcfest?

Damn I missed it.

I did see feats of strength.

There was also a pole without decoration.  Well, .... now that I think of it, I wouldn't say it had no decoration...

Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

robin.freiheit

• anarchy burger, hold the government
    • Because we want to be... FREE!!!
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2011, 12:08:30 pm »

I agree the closing ceremony totally got away from us. we did have a debrief, it should have been announced better, there were only a handful of us in attendance for that and we did get a list of things that need to happen to make next year even better. I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I was so exhausted and burnt out on working by the last day that I know I was not at the top of my game at the very end.

renegade0ffunk.tumblr.com

Nitro9a

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2011, 12:21:40 pm »

I don't think that it is at all appropriate to have this conversation on a forum, especially a public one that anyone can see.  I don't know the whole situation but whatever mistakes were made, Porcfest seems like an incredible amount of work and I can't imagine that Curtis should deserve this kind of public criticism.  At the same time, I can't understand why Curtis' reaction is to publicly bash Osbourne who doesn't seem to be at all involved in this conversation.
Why doesn't everyone who cares about this issue get together in person?  The internet wall seems to have the effect of removing people's filters, allowing them to speak without the respect and courtesy that most people would have for each other when face to face.  This can only make any problem worse.

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2011, 12:58:05 pm »

Porc Fest was great, but where can we see the group photo in question?

Since this is turning into a suggestions thread, I suggest that future Porc Fests be held in summer.  8)  Just sayin.
Tu ne cede malis.

freedomroad

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 01:11:42 pm »

Since this is turning into a suggestions thread, I suggest that future Porc Fests be held in summer.  8)  Just sayin.

It was, all but the 1st day, anyway.  Porcfest 2012 will be in summer too, except for the first 2 days.

robin.freiheit

• anarchy burger, hold the government
    • Because we want to be... FREE!!!
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 02:00:46 pm »

The internet wall seems to have the effect of removing people's filters, allowing them to speak without the respect and courtesy that most people would have for each other when face to face.  This can only make any problem worse.

I agree
renegade0ffunk.tumblr.com

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »

I saw Curtis speak with him on a very regular basis throughout PorcFest. So I am sure his concerns did not go unnoticed.

Thanks Robin for your quick response to my inquiry.  I don't know if his issues were addressed, but I wonder why he came to me if they were?  I do know that there were serious issue presented by the owner of Roger's, but I don't know if they were addressed.  Perhaps Curtis could shine more light on this?

I spoke (sometimes at length) with Crosby about half a dozen times, every day (in addition to his staff, who had one of my radios).
Other than the parking and liquor issues, and his being on the look out for locals on Sat night, I dont recall many concerns/issues.
I also had time to talk to him all day Monday, after everyone had left, and he was a happy camper.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2011, 09:38:03 pm »

Around 2k

No clue what will happen if/when PorcFest outgrows Roger's. One possibility is to raise the ticket price, but I'd prefer to move in the opposite direction.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

jeancoutu

• Live Free or Die Rally
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2011, 11:09:52 pm »

I regularly interact with professional event coordinators at work who get frazzled organizing events that are a fraction of the scale of PF. The job requires nerves of steel and the ability to stop worrying about what other people think about you in order to get shit done. If you're one of the people affected by Curtis' "mismanagement", then it wouldn't be a bad idea to step up to the plate and help out with next year's planning. The more decentralized this becomes, the better, IMO.

Tell me about it!! "Frazzled" is putting it lightly...Keep in mind too organizing events dealing with activists are even tougher where they being all protesters, they protest & argue with ya about everything, lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up