Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking about going but...  (Read 12429 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Thinking about going but...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 02:12:12 pm »

I think the safe and sane approach might be your best bet. Try to talk grandma into coming with you. Get grandma a ticket so she can come and check everything out and get her a room at the hotel so she won't be in your hair 24/7. If that doesn't work, just wait until next year to attend. 

I bet we could get Grandma a free ticket.

Dionysus

• New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 02:45:35 pm »

lol... I bet we could too...
"Emergencies” have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have eroded.

mauiguy

• Made it!! Porcfest rocks!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

I'll donate!  ;D
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ~Samuel Adams~  
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -- Professor Bernardo de la Paz, _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_, by Robert Heinlien

stduncan

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 05:33:26 pm »

show her pictures from previous years.  they make it out to be pretty harmless, which i think is probably an accurate reflection.  and i'll help mention again the convoy.  if you get hooked up with a group of people, its much easier to bear costs spread amongst many.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:54:23 pm »

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 01:24:47 am »

Okay thank you all for the suggestions but I do have one thing to say in response to the guy who suggested getting my grandmother a ticket...she would definitely not go if you guys got her one though that's mostly because she can't. She can barely travel 100 miles, so from where we live to PorcFest would probably kill her...But anyway thanks for all the suggestions and in the event I am able to come to PorcFest it will be with my grandma's permission.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 11:16:56 am »

Okay thank you all for the suggestions but I do have one thing to say in response to the guy who suggested getting my grandmother a ticket...she would definitely not go if you guys got her one though that's mostly because she can't. She can barely travel 100 miles, so from where we live to PorcFest would probably kill her...But anyway thanks for all the suggestions and in the event I am able to come to PorcFest it will be with my grandma's permission.

Does your grandmother want you to find a nice young lady (or man)?
Would it not make sense to her that you'd want to find a nice young lady (or man) who shared your world view?
Then sell this as a social retreat for people who think like you. This is your opportunity to find a nice young lady (or man). The genes must go on.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 11:24:24 am »

Does your grandmother want you to find a nice young lady (or man)?
Would it not make sense to her that you'd want to find a nice young lady (or man) who shared your world view?
Then sell this as a social retreat for people who think like you. This is your opportunity to find a nice young lady (or man). The genes must go on.

Thanks for that bit of advice!    :D

Oh and for the record it'd be "a nice young lady"

Dionysus

• New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:42 pm »

If the trip to PF would kill your grandma... I wonder what your sneaking off to PF might do to her? How would you feel if your juvenile antics upset your grandma to the point where she had a stroke or heart attack? Would a weekend camping trip still seem worth it to you? If you are still a child, I think you will do what you want to do, but, if in fact, you are a man, I think you will act in a responsible manner. The choice is yours to make.
"Emergencies” have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have eroded.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 03:27:39 pm »

show her pictures from previous years.  they make it out to be pretty harmless

If you did that, you could point out the several state representatives that are present. But... identifying them in photos may be difficult.

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 10:10:55 pm »

If the trip to PF would kill your grandma... I wonder what your sneaking off to PF might do to her? How would you feel if your juvenile antics upset your grandma to the point where she had a stroke or heart attack? Would a weekend camping trip still seem worth it to you? If you are still a child, I think you will do what you want to do, but, if in fact, you are a man, I think you will act in a responsible manner. The choice is yours to make.

I realize that, which is why I do believe I said I decided to not sneak off to PorcFest.

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 04:39:55 pm »

Okay so far...she is being a stubborn as a mule that I won't go...   :P

I'm trying hard to convince her. As I see it the only option I have left is if I can convince my uncle, who is definitely pro-liberty in most cases, to come. The fact that it's family-friendly will definitely help. I'll update with whether or not I'll be able t go....sometimes I swear that if she thought she could have gotten away with it, she would have put me in a plastic bubble...like in that 2001 movie "Bubble Boy" Oh well. I just have to keep trying.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 07:52:31 am »

Twice as many under 18s have registered this year, compared to last.
Its definitely family friendly.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 10:25:32 am »

... a nice young lady (or man)... a nice young lady (or man)... a nice young lady (or man).

LOL @ Curis being PC

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »

... a nice young lady (or man)... a nice young lady (or man)... a nice young lady (or man).

LOL @ Curis being PC

I thought that was pretty funny too. And by you're statement I take it that's at least somewhat rare for him to be PC? Oh not sure why but that just reminded me...dalebert, you're the author of that comic strip "Anarchy in Your Head" right? I just wanted to say great job on that....I and a friend especially enjoyed the part with the Anarchy boogeyman and the "God" in your comic strip...where it at one point it looks like a bo&%$ and two b#$%$
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up