Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP Concerns  (Read 16673 times)

Andvari

Re: FSP Concerns
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 11:01:05 am »

I understand that FSP doesn't do anything except try to organize like-minded conservatives (technically anybody, but like-minded conservatives are the niche) into moving to NH.

It aint a conservative movement (from a social standpoint), you're gonna find a whole variety of types from very liberal to very conservative (like myself). What binds us all is that we want Govt out of our lives.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »

I have always considered the FSP simply the bus to get freedom lovers to NH.  It is most helpful in getting you plugged into what is going on in NH.  If you choose you will have warm friendly folks to associate with from day one. 

At this point I consider myself a NH resident working to promote freedom, and while I continue to treasure the friendships I have developed with many freestaters, my concern is almost totally with being a good neighbor, and working locally and on the state level to get the government off the back of the Folks.

Dave,
Barrington
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Lochnivar

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 01:11:33 pm »

I have always considered the FSP simply the bus to get freedom lovers to NH.

Now that is poetry, seriously.  I like it.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 01:27:17 pm »

I come across arrogant and almost insulting.
Seriously, where?
Dude, you'll need to try a lot harder to be arrogant and insulting enough that a group of libertarians would even notice ;)

For example:
The tagline is LIBERTY in our lifetime, not Conservatism in our lifetime.
"Sovereign" Curtis' post was rude, demeaning, assholish in the extreme. Personally I think someone should take away his posting privileges for awhile and sure as hell he shouldn't be frontline organizer for any FSP function, not if he's going to shit all over people like that.

Anyway... come to NH and meet some of us in person. Even Curtis is a nice guy ... in person. Most of the time.

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 02:02:43 pm »

not if he's going to shit all over people like that.

Shitting on people wasn't mentioned anywhere in his list of "things that tend to be objectionable to self-labeled Conservatives".

It was the manicure that got to me. Just the thought of nail files makes my skin crawl.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 02:04:34 pm »

Seriously, where?
Dude, you'll need to try a lot harder to be arrogant and insulting enough that a group of libertarians would even notice ;)

For example:
"Sovereign" Curtis' post was rude, demeaning, assholish in the extreme. Personally I think someone should take away his posting privileges for awhile and sure as hell he shouldn't be frontline organizer for any FSP function, not if he's going to shit all over people like that.

--wait, huh? What'd I miss here?

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 02:14:43 pm »

Seriously, where?

For example:
"Sovereign" Curtis' post was rude, demeaning, assholish in the extreme.

What both Lochnivar and what Curtis posted were not rude.  However, they could come off that way, depending on how they are read.  The is the internet and some people read things in a hypersensitive way.  I was actually going to post something similar to what Curtis wrote but then I thought some people might consider it rude.  Besides, Lochnivar is a new poster.  It's best to give him the benefit of the doubt.  He is just learning about this stuff and may not even know exactly what the FSP is.  It seems he now knows that it is just a bus.

On the other hand, I think the post by my friend Denis seems a little silly.

Anyway, just another day on the internet  ;D

time4liberty

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »

Welcome loch :)

The FSP statement of intent requires people to support only 100% peaceful approaches, and I have never heard any NH activist support anything but the same.

I assume that's your concern (i.e. trade peace for pragmatism).

P.S. Can folks here please stop the bickering? Pretty please?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:07:35 pm by time4liberty »

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 09:39:23 am »

Seriously, where?

For example:

Really? I think you're full of it. You've seen me at my most rude/demeaning/assholish and that post doesn't even come close.
What I posted wasnt a tenth as rude/etc as calling a fellow FSP mover a "Freak Stater". Get a clue, Denis.

PS. Still ZERO ticket sales thanks to the NHLA. I'm not sure I have time/space for Don Gorman. Sorry.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 06:05:28 am »

Seriously, where?

For example:

Really? I think you're full of it. You've seen me at my most rude/demeaning/assholish and that post doesn't even come close.
What I posted wasnt a tenth as rude/etc as calling a fellow FSP mover a "Freak Stater". Get a clue, Denis.

PS. Still ZERO ticket sales thanks to the NHLA. I'm not sure I have time/space for Don Gorman. Sorry.

Denis... Curtis... you guys are kinda sexy when you're mad.  :-*

The NHLA is greatly looking forward to PorcFest, which is going to be full of awesome for liberty-loving political wonks, anarchists, voluntaryists, and everyone in between.  For those of you who are interested in learning more about how you can work within the New Hampshire political system to advance liberty, be sure to check out the NHLA's presentation, featuring former state rep and NHLA Political Director Don "the Don" Gorman, now scheduled for Friday June 24 at 1:00PM!

Now I'm off to promote PorcFest.  When you sign up, be sure to use the discount code "NHLA" for 20% off!!

Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 10:32:22 am »

Welcome!  If you want less government, I'm happy to have you.  Feel free to sign up!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 07:54:19 am »

Denis... Curtis... you guys are kinda sexy when you're mad.  :-*
OMG hawt I am saving this post and never washing my computer screen again.   ;D

be sure to check out the NHLA's presentation, featuring former state rep and NHLA Political Director Don "the Don" Gorman, now scheduled for Friday June 24 at 1:00PM!
Now I'm off to promote PorcFest.  When you sign up, be sure to use the discount code "NHLA" for 20% off!!

AWESOME!
BTW... next week's Capitol Access, broadcast in 14 towns across NH, will be all about PorcFest.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:59:56 am by Denis Goddard »

Argentum

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 10:48:13 am »

Is it extreme to want peaceful people to be left alone?  Would you associate with voluntarists?

I don't think it's ever been about voluntarist v. minarchist. It's easy to see past a difference of goals.

It's method that makes people uncomfortable.

I agree.  One of my concerns is the confusion by some activists between libertarian goals and social change.  They are not one in the same.  Libertarianism only concerns itself with the proper use of force.  Some seem to think that being a libertarian means that you have to fight "bigotry", denigrate the family, ignore social mores and customs, etc.  Of course, everyone has the right to do those things but it really has nothing to do with libertarianism.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 11:31:27 am »

I understand that FSP doesn't do anything except try to organize like-minded conservatives (technically anybody, but like-minded conservatives are the niche) into moving to NH.

That's interesting.  I've been here going on 4 years so one of the early movers.  I've socialized and engaged in activism with free-staters from all over the state.  I don't think of myself or most of those I know as "conservative" at all.  I wouldn't call us conservative simply because we, as liberty lovers, share some basic notions with conservatives like lower (or no) taxes and gun rights just as I wouldn't call us liberal because we favor ending the drug war and governments not intruding into people's private lives in various ways.  Therefore it's disturbing-- I feel it misleads people to use language like that, i.e. "conservative (slash) libertarian", as if they are synonymous when they're not.

You actually sound like you're probably pretty liberty-loving and a great fit for the FSP, but I'm curious why you choose language like that or how you may have gotten the impression this was a conservative movement.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2011, 11:42:25 am »

I guess I am repeating Curtis' concerns but hopefully in a more tactful, and therefore more conducive-to-communication manner.   :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up