Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wouldn't you move if 18,999 people joined you?  (Read 1800 times)

Trenks

Wouldn't you move if 18,999 people joined you?
« on: July 13, 2011, 02:29:57 pm »

A lot of people are on the fence. But think about it - if that many people actually sign up and move with you, how could you resist? Think of a town like Grafton. There are like 1200 people there. What if 3,000 additional liberty activists move there? Whole new business and residential districts would sprout up. Or even Keene of about 20k. What if 5k move there? I don't think there are enough vacant houses for all of them or enough businesses. Lots of money to be made there.

You don't have to move until 20,000 sign up. Wouldn't you though? Wouldn't you want to come to a state like New Hampshire if 18 thousand nine hundred and ninety nine other people came too?

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: Wouldn't you move if 18,999 people joined you?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 02:51:15 pm »

Who the hell cares about the 20,000?!    ???

We only need aboot 1500 political activists and candidates to make this happen, eh.  ;D
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Trenks

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »

Good enough for me!!! But if it isn't for anyone else, then surely 5 or 10 or 20 thousand? I wonder if we did another pledge for just 5 or 10k? Separate pledges. You could sign both or one.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 05:31:09 pm »

Good enough for me!!! But if it isn't for anyone else, then surely 5 or 10 or 20 thousand? I wonder if we did another pledge for just 5 or 10k? Separate pledges. You could sign both or one.

when someone signs they do have the option of setting 'lower targets'

Alex Libman

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:12:17 pm »

I've already been there and back,
But...  now...  I strife from afar,
Still flying my flag, gold and black,
Waiting... as time heals my scar...

I don't need twenty thousand minds
Meatspaced in some "freedom zone"
If not even one of them finds
The truth that I find on my own!
Pages: [1]   Go Up