Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manch Move-in on 25th: pizza, silver  (Read 3816 times)

Jingfired

• FSP Participant
Manch Move-in on 25th: pizza, silver
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:32:55 pm »

Who: Newly-minted Army veteran, leaving FL.
When: Monday, 25 April 2011.  10 AM until ??
Where: 711 Beech St, Manchester -- btwn Brook and Harrison, which themselves are btwn Salmon and Bridge
Bonus: One ounce of silver (each) to the first four who arrive. (Over FRN40 value!)

Notes:

1) Parking: sharply limited to two carloads max.  Use the west side of Beech Street, between Brook and Harrison.

2) Scope: Furniture needs to go up an outside staircase, into a second-floor apartment.  Largest: couch, desk, bookshelf.  Heaviest: desk, foot locker x6, duffel bag x3, box-o-books xMany.

3) Time matters: the rental-truck will completely occupy the communal back-alley.  Unload quickly, clear the alley, return the truck; visiting/lunch hours continue while I return the truck, and thereafter until you-all decide I'm no fun anymore.

4) Food + soda: ordered right at 10, before work, as soon as I have a final headcount and consensus on toppings.  It should arrive as we finish hauling.

5) Contact info: RSVP in this thread, or PM me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:54:01 am by Jingfired »

Polemic

Re: Manch Move-in on 25th: pizza, silver
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:47:45 pm »

Definitely smacks of military.

Congrats on the move!
"Optimists proclaim that we live in the best of all possible worlds; pessimists fear that this is true."

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:16:45 am »

Don't worry, the need to have everything planned out ahead of time will pass as you return to the relative peaceful chaos of real life.

If I can make it, I'll be there. I'll gladly provide carpooling for more if anyone wants me to pick them up in the hours ahead of time, I'll be somewhere around Manch, likely sleeping in my car until I can find a place to live.

Curt-

Edit: Pizza toppings. Ok, no olives, mushrooms or anchovies. I love Pizza Hut's stuffed-crust, but that's just in case you wanted a suggestion about that too.  ;D

Edit2: Google maps is showing "south beech st", can you clarify your address just in case there is a 711 _north_ beech street?

Edit3: Shouldn't have taken the first room I saw, but I did, so now I'm safely under roof in Manch, near Bridge street on the West side of the river. Seems at least one other FSP member has stayed here ahead of me, the apartment principle is sympathetic.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:59:07 pm by CurtHowland »
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »

I must say anyone who decided not to come missed great pizza.

It seems that movers are getting to be just too commonplace.  ;D

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

ny2nh

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:45 pm »

West Manchester is nicer IMO than the rest of Manchester.....but I am partial. :)  The only real downside if having to drive to Bedford or Goffstown or back across the river to get to a grocery store. :(

I don't think that movers are too commonplace....but weekday day moves are probably difficult for many who don't work for themselves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up