Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Warning  (Read 13724 times)

2LTK

Advanced Warning
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:16:34 pm »

Who: 2LT Koblinsky and his beautiful family plus
What: requesting help unloading 2 BR house worth of stuff from Uhaul
When: on or around 20 September, 2011
Where: probably Manchester or Nashua, employment dependent
Why: Because there's only one of me capable of lifting heavy furniture and boxes

Pizza/Beverages will be offered. 

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
Re: Advanced Warning
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:49:24 pm »

Well, that might be warning enough!

Welcome, and make sure to post again when you're closer to the mark!
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

2LTK

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »

Will do, I've been signed up for nearly two years now. It's great to finally be within a few months of getting there.

raymcgill

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »

I look forward to it!

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 09:08:58 pm »

Where: You might try the seacoast a during the summer if you haven't lined something up.  The jobs prospects are pretty good here.
When: April-October
Why: to get a job, bud.
What: I said, to get a job.  Maybe y'all need a hearing aid, first.
Who: Yeah, that was an awesome band.  Did you see their Superbowl Halftime Show last year?  Decent.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

2LTK

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 09:59:54 pm »

Where: You might try the seacoast a during the summer if you haven't lined something up.  The jobs prospects are pretty good here.
When: April-October
Why: to get a job, bud.
What: I said, to get a job.  Maybe y'all need a hearing aid, first.
Who: Yeah, that was an awesome band.  Did you see their Superbowl Halftime Show last year?  Decent.

What kind of job prospects? I won't be there until the fall, though.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:10:55 pm »

Fall is tougher.  There are thousands of jobs along New Hampshire's 17 mile seacoast during the busy summer season.  Thousands of people drive up everyday, and stores and restaurants open up or extend their hours.  For 5-6 months, there is a shortage of good people.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 05:43:20 pm »

Who: 2LT Koblinsky and his beautiful family plus
What: requesting help unloading 2 BR house worth of stuff from Uhaul
Where: probably Manchester or Nashua, employment dependent
Why: Because there's only one of me capable of lifting heavy furniture and boxes

Pizza/Beverages will be offered. 

I LOVE heavy boxes and furniture and if I am in town I insist that you let me haul those pieces (I am serious)
Are you on Facebook?  We have a group that creates invites for 'moving parties'

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 10:54:09 am »

Are you on Facebook?  We have a group that creates invites for 'moving parties'

Argh. I hate facebook, but this is yet another reason to "join". Ick ick ick.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:43 pm »

Anything after September, and I think you'll find that the job rich seacoast is not much better than the rest of the state, even in the service sector.  On the other hand, if you can get here when the going is good, you can get your foot in the door for one or two part time jobs, they usually keep their reliable people around for the slower October-April season.

2LTK

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 12:41:19 pm »

I'm looking more for a full time job that would utilize my business degree. Yes, I'm on facebook: Wade Koblinsky. The only one.

mauiguy

• Made it!! Porcfest rocks!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 01:39:35 pm »

I'll be moved long before September so I'm in as long as those are frosty, refreshing adult type beverages.  ;D

Aloha!
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ~Samuel Adams~  
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -- Professor Bernardo de la Paz, _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_, by Robert Heinlien

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 08:47:42 am »

I'm looking more for a full time job that would utilize my business degree. Yes, I'm on facebook: Wade Koblinsky. The only one.
maxxx is just trying to help you move here and survive
we understand that you want a decent job that pays well ... it just takes longer to find

some of us have not used our business degrees in years. After the fascists take over, the system gets unfriendly to those that will not bow to ceasar. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

ny2nh

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 10:53:48 am »

Please do create a facebook event when you have specifics...you are likely to get plenty of help.

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »

Welcome 2LTK!  I should be able to help, depending upon the exact date of the move.
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything