Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manchester, NH: Small Business Week May 16th-20th  (Read 3047 times)

anon37268573

• First1000
Manchester, NH: Small Business Week May 16th-20th
« on: April 01, 2011, 04:21:26 pm »

The City of Manchester's Economic Development Office and the Mayor's Office are proud to announce the 1st Annual Manchester Small Business Wee presented by Citizens Bank.  Manchester Small Business Week will take place from Monday, May 16th - Friday, May 20th and will feature a full-week of programs and events that celebrate the contributions that small businesses make to the City's economy while providing business owners with the information and resources they need to be successful.

http://yourmanchesternh.com/smallbusinessweek/default.aspx
http://yourmanchesternh.com/smallbusinessweek/schedule.aspx

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: Manchester, NH: Small Business Week May 16th-20th
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:50:16 pm »

Nifty. I might stop by 1-2 of these...

BigJoe

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »

i think its kind of funny that Small Business week is sponsored by Citizens Bank

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:22:29 am »

i think its kind of funny that Small Business week is sponsored by Citizens Bank

They do a lot of small business financing.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

BigJoe

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:46:57 pm »

Joe

I'm sure they do, but so do other small banks

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 06:04:17 am »

I'm sure they do, but so do other small banks

Yeah, but most of the small banks probably didn't have the resources to sponsor something like this, so Citizens ended up doing it.

There are a number of relatively business-friendly small banks in NH, though.  I'd hope that anyone looking to do business banking would do some research before choosing a bank.  But I expect many don't...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Andvari

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 09:45:37 pm »

Is it better to go with a bank or credit union in NH ?

I lean towards CU's, what are the reputable ones ?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 09:51:04 pm »

Depends upon what you're doing, and where you're located.

For example, if you're near a Centrix Bank branch, and doing business banking, I highly recommend them.  If you have business accounts, they will also let you have personal accounts, but they are a business bank, so if all you want is a personal account, don't waste your time.

A lot of the smaller banks or credit unions have better service than the big banks, but a lot of them are also only in certain areas, so choose a location, then search for what banks/CU's are around that area...

Joe

antistate1190

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 09:53:13 pm »

Credit unions are collectivist. I don't like the banks either but I'd much rather deal with one banker then w/ others in the union.

Andvari

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 09:56:46 pm »

Depends upon what you're doing, and where you're located.

For example, if you're near a Centrix Bank branch, and doing business banking, I highly recommend them.  If you have business accounts, they will also let you have personal accounts, but they are a business bank, so if all you want is a personal account, don't waste your time.

A lot of the smaller banks or credit unions have better service than the big banks, but a lot of them are also only in certain areas, so choose a location, then search for what banks/CU's are around that area...

Joe

Thx. I was thinking more in terms of mortgages but im just doing some early general researching.

What do ya think of St. Mary's ? I think they're the first CU, established 100 yrs ago. I've seen some good reviews online.

Andvari

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »

Credit unions are collectivist. I don't like the banks either but I'd much rather deal with one banker then w/ others in the union.

Hahah for the millionth time, not all collectivism is bad...just forced. You really have it out for ANY sort of collective thinking :)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 10:05:33 pm »

Cooperation isn't the same as collectivism.  All capitalists cooperate at some point.  I have an excess of products, and you have an excess of money, so we cooperate by trading.  Et cetera.

Thx. I was thinking more in terms of mortgages but im just doing some early general researching.

What do ya think of St. Mary's ? I think they're the first CU, established 100 yrs ago. I've seen some good reviews online.

I've no personal experience with them, so I couldn't say much, one way or the other.  Maybe someone else will chime in?

Might want to start a new thread for that, though, and put it in a different section of the forum, to get better traffic.

Joe

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 03:39:30 am »

Hard to say... because NH has Laconia Savings Bank, which is a mutual bank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up