Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Minor Power Shift in NH House Due to Freestaters  (Read 6315 times)

ny2nh

Re: Possible Minor Power Shift in NH House Due to Freestaters
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 05:36:13 pm »

Another post confusing philosophy with party.  What will it take to understand that Liberty does NOT mean Republican, and Democrats are NOT necessarily the enemy?
Not necessarily....just generally.  :o

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 01:07:25 am »

What posts did he do that implies he is a statist?
Joe (MaineShark) is hilarious.
To the best of my knowledge, posting on the internet is the extent of his "activism".
He also loves sniping at people he considers to be "less pure" than his 100%-pure self.

FWIW, I am an anarcocapitalist. I am totally upfront about that. I even talk about it frankly on a TV show shown in over a dozen towns across NH. But I'm not pure enough for Joe.

@Joe: Love ya, baby    :-*
How can you be an AnCap... forgetting the oxymoron of this for a moment... and wish the federal government, or any government, to decree gold and silver as money/

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 01:10:00 am »

A lot of the growth is in towns where Republicans tend to do far better in elections than Democrats.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/913393-196/growth-strong-in-area-towns.html

Bedford’s population grew 16 percent from 2000 to 2010, while Brookline saw a 19 percent increase and Windham grew a whopping 27 percent.

Mont Vernon saw 18 percent growth, Litchfield grew 12 percent and Milford grew by 11 percent.

Pelham 18.17

Windham grew by 2,883 and each State Rep will represent around 3,300 people so this town alone almost grow by almost a whole State Rep.  It is worth noting that Windham is one of the most Republican places in NH.

Overall, heavily Republican areas are expected to gain State Reps and heavily Democratic areas are expected to remain the same or lose State Reps because of redistricting.
Its really dependent upon various situations. Neither the Dems nor Reps have a majority contingency in NH, so the Independents determine the outcome.

antistate1190

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 01:43:39 am »

To the best of my knowledge, posting on the internet is the extent of his "activism".
He also loves sniping at people he considers to be "less pure" than his 100%-pure self.

FWIW, I am an anarcocapitalist. I am totally upfront about that. I even talk about it frankly on a TV show shown in over a dozen towns across NH. But I'm not pure enough for Joe.

How can you be an AnCap... forgetting the oxymoron of this for a moment... and wish the federal government, or any government, to decree gold and silver as money/

We don't need the government to give gold and silver value. Gold and silver never lose their value.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 07:34:32 am »

A lot of the growth is in towns where Republicans tend to do far better in elections than Democrats.

Bedford’s population grew 16 percent from 2000 to 2010, while Brookline saw a 19 percent increase and Windham grew a whopping 27 percent.

Mont Vernon saw 18 percent growth, Litchfield grew 12 percent and Milford grew by 11 percent.

Pelham 18.17

Windham grew by 2,883 and each State Rep will represent around 3,300 people so this town alone almost grow by almost a whole State Rep.  It is worth noting that Windham is one of the most Republican places in NH.

Overall, heavily Republican areas are expected to gain State Reps and heavily Democratic areas are expected to remain the same or lose State Reps because of redistricting.
Its really dependent upon various situations. Neither the Dems nor Reps have a majority contingency in NH, so the Independents determine the outcome.

No such thing in NH as a Independent.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 08:16:36 am »

No such thing in NH as a Independent.

Correct, but saying "Undeclareds" sounds silly.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 11:28:01 am »

Pelham 18.17

While it is true that the largest segment of the voting population in NH choices to be undeclared, my above statements are also entirely true.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 01:32:03 pm »

Same way I can be an atheist but really hope that certain religious leaders would disavow the idea of holy war.

slothman

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 02:36:58 pm »

We don't need the government to give gold and silver value. Gold and silver never lose their value.

They don't seem to now but if everyone uses them as currency then the might lose value.
Or at least have impurities put in to overvalue them.
Some people may not notice that they are not pure.

I still think mercury or palladium should be the coinage metals. :D
I wonder what Hg's value was throught history.

What does this have any relationship to the House power?

BigJoe

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 03:51:51 pm »

what are you talking about?  The value of gold, silver, and everything else is constantly in flux, and is different for every person.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 07:04:07 am »

They do relatively.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 02:56:49 pm »

If anyone is gonna take NH to the promised land (secession) its gonna be Republicans leading the charge
* I doubt if secession would be a promised land. We'd just end up being subjugated by the CIA, the Mafia, the IMF, or who knows what. In other words, there'd probably be virtually no change.
* I think the only hope is internal reform, with help from people in public office, who sympathize with Oath Keepers, FSP etc. And I think it has to start with Free Towns, or in other states Free Counties, etc.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up