Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Minor Power Shift in NH House Due to Freestaters  (Read 6313 times)

anon37268573

• First1000
Possible Minor Power Shift in NH House Due to Freestaters
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:42:25 pm »

Grafton county is projected to gain a seat in the NH house, while Coos county is project to lose one.

http://newhampshire.watchdog.org/8101/release-of-nh-census-data-kicks-off-redistricting/

Coos voters are more likely to vote Democratic than Grafton residents.

A big thanks to all the FreeStaters that moved to Grafton and responded to the US Census. And
a big thanks to all the FreeStaters that moved to other areas and responded to the US Census.

I moved to Rockingham county.  We're not projected to lose any seats.

The cities of Manchester and Nashua (both rather Democratic) could also lose seats:

http://newhampshire.watchdog.org/7442/coos-county-manchester-nashua-could-lose-two-seats-in-nh-redistricting/

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:40:47 am by anon37268573 »

freedomroad

Re: Possible Minor Power Shift in NH House Due to Freestaters
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:27:58 pm »

This looks good for the GOP.

creaganlios

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 04:45:33 pm »

Another post confusing philosophy with party.  What will it take to understand that Liberty does NOT mean Republican, and Democrats are NOT necessarily the enemy?

Andvari

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 05:11:34 pm »

NH Republicans seem to be legit small govt types. They walk the walk, not just throw out rhetoric like the national Republican joke party.
I've always been a registered independent but if i move to NH ill probably register Republican.

The Democrats in NH are statists and dont seem to differ much from the rest of the DNC. Just look at how Republicans in the NH legislature are tryin to undue all the damage the Democrats have done the last few years.  

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:30:22 pm »

The Democrats in NH are statists
Please, let's not fall prey to stereotypes.
Many of us NH Dems are not statists.

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 09:00:35 pm »

Just look at how Republicans in the NH legislature are tryin to undue all the damage the Democrats have done the last few years.  

Unfortunately, it isn't politically possible to undue all of the damage right now :'(  Maybe within the next 4 to 6 years if the winds shift the correct way...

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 11:15:33 pm »

Using yourself as an example of how "non-Statist" NH Democrats are doesn't work very well, given that you are a Statist, yourself.  As is anyone else who thinks it's okay to call armed thugs to show up because of how someone is using their own property...

There are certainly non-Statists who are registered as Democrats in NH, but you ain't one of them...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Andvari

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 12:25:40 am »

True, but most are. If anyone is gonna take NH to the promised land (secession) its gonna be Republicans leading the charge, certainly not Democrats...thats if the whole deck of cards doesnt collapse first.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:27:58 am by Andvari »

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 01:21:59 am »

NH will never cede.
Even a small attempt would be a run on banks, and business bankruptcies to the point of 'fourth' world poverty.

And I wouldn't be so sure on the small government thing...

slothman

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 09:38:01 am »

Using yourself as an example of how "non-Statist" NH Democrats are doesn't work very well, given that you are a Statist, yourself.  As is anyone else who thinks it's okay to call armed thugs to show up because of how someone is using their own property...

There are certainly non-Statists who are registered as Democrats in NH, but you ain't one of them...

What posts did he do that implies he is a statist?
It would be interesting to read.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 10:10:47 am »

Joe (MaineShark) is hilarious.
To the best of my knowledge, posting on the internet is the extent of his "activism".
He also loves sniping at people he considers to be "less pure" than his 100%-pure self.

FWIW, I am an anarcocapitalist. I am totally upfront about that. I even talk about it frankly on a TV show shown in over a dozen towns across NH. But I'm not pure enough for Joe.

@Joe: Love ya, baby    :-*

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 02:37:42 pm »

Using yourself as an example of how "non-Statist" NH Democrats are doesn't work very well, given that you are a Statist, yourself.  As is anyone else who thinks it's okay to call armed thugs to show up because of how someone is using their own property...

He's been quite public in his support for persecutions of Freestaters who he believes don't treat their property (animals) how he likes animals to be treated.

To the best of my knowledge, posting on the internet is the extent of his "activism".

That's because you're an ignorant fool, maybe?  Where were you, ten years ago?  Because I was already active in NH politics, then, and had been for a number of years.

He also loves sniping at people he considers to be "less pure" than his 100%-pure self.

Nope.  Just the really offensive ones.

FWIW, I am an anarcocapitalist. I am totally upfront about that. I even talk about it frankly on a TV show shown in over a dozen towns across NH. But I'm not pure enough for Joe.

Anarcho-capitalists don't condone waving guns at others, due to how they treat their own property.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 03:45:58 pm »

Could you take this to private message, MaineShark?   It really has absolutely nothing to do with NH redistricting.

Thanks,

- anon

He's been quite public in his support for persecutions of Freestaters who he believes don't treat their property (animals) how he likes animals to be treated.

That's because you're an ignorant fool, maybe?  Where were you, ten years ago?  Because I was already active in NH politics, then, and had been for a number of years.

Nope.  Just the really offensive ones.

Anarcho-capitalists don't condone waving guns at others, due to how they treat their own property.

Joe

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 04:04:00 pm »

Could you take this to private message, MaineShark?   It really has absolutely nothing to do with NH redistricting.

Folks asked for clarification...

Anyway, it does seem to have to do with whether those who, in NH, choose to run as or elect Democrats, are more or less Statist than those who choose to do the same with Republicans.

In most of the US, there's essentially no difference between the DNC and the GOP.  In NH, there are some substantial oddities.  The NH GOP is substantially more liberty-oriented than the NH DNC.  But the NH version of the RLC is actually less strongly libertarian than the national RLC.

I'd also mention that the added representative here in Grafton County isn't necessarily due to folks moving to Grafton (town).  The article doesn't specify which of Grafton county's districts is gaining a representative (the county has ten house districts and two senate districts, IIRC).

It will be interesting to see how they propose to redistrict things.  We're unlikely to actually gain a representative, here in Grafton (town), as we already have three.  I expect any changes will be further north.  Although I wouldn't put anything past them...

Joe

freedomroad

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »

A lot of the growth is in towns where Republicans tend to do far better in elections than Democrats.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/913393-196/growth-strong-in-area-towns.html

Bedford’s population grew 16 percent from 2000 to 2010, while Brookline saw a 19 percent increase and Windham grew a whopping 27 percent.

Mont Vernon saw 18 percent growth, Litchfield grew 12 percent and Milford grew by 11 percent.

Pelham 18.17

Windham grew by 2,883 and each State Rep will represent around 3,300 people so this town alone almost grow by almost a whole State Rep.  It is worth noting that Windham is one of the most Republican places in NH.

Overall, heavily Republican areas are expected to gain State Reps and heavily Democratic areas are expected to remain the same or lose State Reps because of redistricting.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:46:48 pm by Freedomroad »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up