Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going to move to New Hampshire in April? Let's talk maybe we can help each other  (Read 2143 times)

tito887

Here's my situation. I'm going to visit family in Jacksonville, Florida the week of April 16-23. I have a lot of stuff to bring up including a motorcycle. I am thinking of renting a truck to get the rest of my stuff. But it costs a lot of money. Is anyone planning on moving in the month of April? If so and you live around the Jacksonville, Florida area and New Hampshire maybe we can help each other out. Give me a call, email, or just respond to this post 0

Thanks.

Michael Garcia

904-612-4087

Kalahwick@aol.com

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:15:23 pm by tito887 »

MaineShark

• FSP Participant

Have you thought of renting a trailer and a large SUV?  I know several folks who found that less costly than a moving truck.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Jingfired

• FSP Participant

I'm in the Melbourne/Cocoa Beach area, and plan to rental-truck my stuff North in late April.  I'm grabbing all the furniture cast-offs I can, but expect to have plenty of room left over.  The bike might be a problem--I'll have my own car on a trailer.

Truck already reserved; exact dates still fluid.  Once I collect it, I'll have six days to return it to one of their Manchester offices.  JAX is directly along my route; I can afford a few hours to squeeze in your self and stuff, and with two of us we can unload faster.

Thoughts?

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator

and with two of us we can unload faster.

Thoughts?

If you mean unload in NH.... we can have lots of people show up if we are giving time/place/etc etc

Jingfired

• FSP Participant

I'm still of two minds: whether to:
* announce and host a moving-in party, as most Porcs suggest, or
* move quietly, on my /own/ timeline, and start networking /after/ I've established a base of operations.

I've lived in the barracks for nine years, with little room to accumulate major furniture.  A rented hand-truck will be enough to let me handle the few big items if I need/want to.

tito887

Maybe we can talk tomorrow? What time is good for you?

I'm in the Melbourne/Cocoa Beach area, and plan to rental-truck my stuff North in late April.  I'm grabbing all the furniture cast-offs I can, but expect to have plenty of room left over.  The bike might be a problem--I'll have my own car on a trailer.

Truck already reserved; exact dates still fluid.  Once I collect it, I'll have six days to return it to one of their Manchester offices.  JAX is directly along my route; I can afford a few hours to squeeze in your self and stuff, and with two of us we can unload faster.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:31:21 pm by tito887 »

Jingfired

• FSP Participant

Contact details emailed.  BTW, your phone number in OP has too many digits.

Jingfired

• FSP Participant

If you mean unload in NH.... we can have lots of people show up if we are giving time/place/etc etc

Update, if anyone else is tracking this:

1) New resident!  I signed an apartment rental agreement this morning.  I now have a local address and bank account; electricity and internet in my name will start early next week.  Next: car registration and plates, driver's "license", and phone number.  Advice?

2) "Tito" and I met in person, and we worked out most of the details.  I collect the truck early on Friday, 22 April, and load my own stuff.  I drive north to Jacksonville, where I meet him and we load his stuff.  We convoy north, attempting to arrive in time for him to work his Monday dayshift.  Over Monday and Tuesday, I/we offload my stuff in Manchester and his stuff in Keene.  I have nowhere to store the 16-foot truck overnight, and so will likely rent a hotel room for Sunday and Monday nights, solely for its commercially-sized parking lot.  Other ideas?

3) I'll help "Tito" in Keene, but would like assistance at my (second-floor!) place in north-central Manchester.  Again, that's somewhere in 25-26 April 2011.  More details as the date approaches, depending on response.  Parking is sharply limited: two carloads max.  Pizza and sodas seem like a given, and I'm also considering silver for each of the first few respondents who actually arrive and help.  (1-2: one ounce each. 3+: less)  Other ideas?  (I'm not a beer guy, and won't serve anything I'm not having myself.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up