Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rent prices  (Read 2501 times)

saintbump

Rent prices
« on: September 30, 2013, 02:19:27 pm »

What in the holy heck ever happened to affordable rentals. And I am sorry anything over $600 is not affordable to someone surviving on $710 SSI per month.  Trying to locate temporary housing for a family of 6 with pets, until the two males can get working, any suggestions?

freedomroad

Re: Rent prices
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 03:15:17 pm »

Welcome to the Forum!

Honestly, I couldn't imagine how a family of 6 could live on just $710 anywhere in the US. Maybe try working 2 jobs where you live now and save up 3 months living expenses? I don't know how the job market is where you live. In places like Manchester, NH, if you have a car, it isn't hard to find 2 part-time jobs within a few weeks.

Whatever you do, good luck! I'll keep a look out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:52:13 am by 1DayAtATime »

saintbump

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 03:32:06 pm »

Thats what we working on doing. Job market not the best down here In Arkanhell (Arkansas), most jobs for unskilled labor averages $7.25 to $7.75. My roommate is lucky if he gets 20 hours a week right now. We are keeping our heads up, and hoping for the best, and expecting to move around tax time, or school end.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:43:58 am »

Man you need to move out of there.  In my current job, which includes lots of travel , the travel pay is $12 and hour.  So basically, when I'm sitting in a car, or on an airplane, doing nothing in particular I make $12 an hour.  I consider that low too, especially with how rough all my travel is on my family.  Oh forgot to mention, I live in NH :)  $600 is about as good as you're going to find, at least in southern NH.  Although I have seen studio apartments in Nashua for $400 a month.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up