Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buy your next Gaming PC here!  (Read 11405 times)

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
Re:Buy your next Gaming PC here!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 02:26:44 pm »

Ya think that -maybe- that has something to do with my opinion?

Yes, I admit it!  It was your idea!  :)
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

jgilyeat

• FSP Participant
  • Boo!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2003, 09:25:39 am »

Yes, I admit it!  It was your idea!  :)
No joke?
;)

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2003, 09:34:14 am »

No joke!  I was thinking about it for a while and all I needed was a little peer pressure to go in that direction.  :)
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

maestro

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2003, 10:15:01 am »

It seems to me that you might want to consider bumping up the video card and monitor to 9800Pro256MB and 19-21".  If a gamer is going to spend this kind of money, an extra 5-600 for these two upgrades will be worth it, I think.

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2003, 11:01:24 am »

It seems to me that you might want to consider bumping up the video card and monitor to 9800Pro256MB and 19-21".  If a gamer is going to spend this kind of money, an extra 5-600 for these two upgrades will be worth it, I think.

Yep!  Customers have the ability to request any part or customization they wish.  You can have any compatible case, motherboard, fan, mouse, keyboard, monitor, video card, sound card, cpu, etc.

If it works, I'll do it!  (But the warranty will not cover cheap parts from unreputable manufacturers.)

More PC models will be forthcoming just to give people an idea of what their options are.  A "model" of PC, however, is not the way I do business.  People who want a great PC for around $3,000 usually know what they want, so all they have to do in the meantime is let me know which customizations that would like!  :)

All comments and questions are welcome!  :)

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2003, 12:20:47 pm »

I'm sick of starting this business slowly!  The time to succeed is NOW!!!

Joint Venture anyone?  :)

Top Dollar

• I took the red pill.
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2003, 12:42:50 pm »

I'm interested in building designer computers and case mods for a reasonable price ($800-$1500 range).  I've found some really nice wooden cases, along with nice precision looking aluminum cases from Coolermaster, and the micro-ATX cases available from around the web.  I also like the clear plexi and lights.  I see offering buyers troublefree computing by building a linux based system with openoffice, GIMP, and other apps tied to a free wireless network, with a one year guarantee and renewable service contract.  The catch is that buyers aren't allowed to load their own software.  I'm looking into storefronts now, for this and other businesses as an extension of my computer service business.  The niche I'm looking at is for computers that look as good as they work, tailored for general office and internet.  I'll leave the mass market, proprietary garbage market to Dell, Compaq and HP.
Hey, Wow!  Your planet is bright!

U.S. Constitution Text:  http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.text.html
U.S. Founding Documents:  http://www.constitution.org/cs_found.htm

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2003, 02:34:57 pm »

There have been significant improvements to the product as well as the website in the past few weeks.  Let me know what you think:

http://www.custom-tech.biz/

The base model is now about $3,000.

Talk about the Jaguar of PCs. ;D

Kelton Baker

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • Freedom is Free, it's tyranny that costs us dearly
    • Kelton Baker
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2003, 04:06:04 pm »

LeRuineur6,

Have you ever thought of branching out your business into the low-end server market or appealing to graphics artists and other heavy computer users

A lot of people out there just want something of quality and reliable,  their eyes glaze over when you tell them how many mega-flops and gigabytes the machine is capable of,  but if you tell them it does everything their current machine does now, only 20% faster and twice as reliable,  they become willing to plonk-down thousands of bucks.  It seems that  appealing only to high-end gamers severely limits your market.

--Just offering suggestions here as I am in a marketing sort of mood, thinking about the FSP and its target audience. . .

Hey,  by the way. . . would anybody like to buy my Toshiba Pocket PC e755 from me?  Wi-fi, 400 Mhz Li ion battery, 2003 model in perfect condition, only used for one month:  retails for $399,  I'll *sacrifice* for $280 or best offer.  Includes manuals, case, original box etc. and basic shipping.  IM me if interested
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 04:11:58 pm by Kelton Baker »
Give me some men who are stout-hearted men Who will fight for the right they adore. Start me with ten, who are stout-hearted men And I'll soon give you ten thousand more...--O. Hammerstein

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 09:11:50 am »

Kelton,

Agreed.  I need to work on stressing benefits, benefits, and more benefits rather than features.  I do that to an extent, but not enough.

I used to be in the high-end computing market, and was considering entry into the server market as well, but after another year or two of planning and reading about what makes a business successful, I changed my mind entirely.  As a startup company, there are only so many things one can do at a time.  We'll see how well this strategy works, but we have to give it some time and patience.

According to my research, the most successful businesses have one very strong selling point rather than two or three weaker ones.  Have one unbeatable selling point and only meet expectations in all other areas.  Also, a business must narrow its target market and sell differently to each specific target market, if there is more than one.

In this case, for example, the FSP would take very different approaches to market effectively to very specific groups of people.

Thank you for the advice!  :)

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2003, 10:02:48 am »

Okay if anyone has been contacting me, the domain name has changed, although the old one will still work.  I changed it because custom-tech.biz is much harder to remember than ctgaming.com.

Let me know if you have any problems getting to the website.  It better be working by now!

The company name (Custom Technologies) has not changed, only the domain name has.  The new contact info is:

www.ctgaming.com
mikef@ctgaming.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything