Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: WSJ editorial on New Hampshire political scene - Silliness  (Read 2874 times)

swamp_yankee

Dodge the issue? You consistently dodge the issue. You bash RTW and then retreat to "theory" without addressing reality and the facts and legal issues that I present.

The right to contract is not "theory."

What gets me? Being a real working man gets me.

Thought you said you were a lawyer?

Take it from someone who actually works for a living... you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm from Massachusetts. You know why I hate unions. Because I know them. I've seem them entrenched. And your examples dont apply. An entity like Massport doesnt hire "government workers" They hire from Teamsters. How many "parking technicians" you know make 116,000 a year --- on the backs of my brothers who spend 15 day out at sea in this raw unforgiving weather. My poor mother never knew if her sons would come home alive. Freedom, reap what you sow, work the land... But these fucking douchebags:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1314038

They rape the working man. That is what really crawls up my ass is that leftist rhetoric has captured pop culture. Cops, fireeman, even freaking parking attendents making 100K and we're all suppose to pay it for them and thank them for being so awesome. We all work hard. We all provide value to society.

You're going to give examples of government contracts.  Which has nothing to do with anything I'm talking about.  I was quite explicit, from my very first post in this thread, that I think all government jobs should be RTW.

And I havent mentioned the legal arguments again, because you always ignore them. There is no "freedom of contract. Its NLRA or Taft Hartley in the private sector. You bash TH, but say nothing about NLRA and all the twisted federal laws regarding labor. I was a contract lawyer. If you think "freedom of contract" between employers and emplyees exists now, your a fool.  At least RTW gives states some control and gives the average joe a fair shot at the labor market.

Except my actual experience, in the actual labor market, says that your "theory" is false.  I detest unions, and would never join one.  Somehow, though, I've actually worked at companies that were unionized, without joining, or paying dues.  I had different payscale and benefits that suited my situation better.  It happens.  In the real world.  So your "theories" about how it doesn't, don't hold water.

I'm not part of  FSP, But it makes NO sense for anyone affiliated with FSP to support "closed shops". None. If you want people to move here and find work because they want be more fee, than RTW is the only answer.

Anything which restricts private contracts is anti-liberty, and is a embarrassment for the cause of moving folks here.  NH currently has the fourth-lowest unemployment rate in the US.  Clearly, what we're doing works.  Throwing liberty under the bus, for no gain at all, is beyond ridiculous.  90% of jobs in NH are non-union.  If you remove the public-sector jobs, and only look at honest work, the number is even better.  Your little theories make no sense.  The overwhelming majority of shops in NH are non-union.  The handful that are, pose some sort of impediment to folks moving here, in your world?

Try to look at the actual data, before spouting off.  Union shops in NH are rare.

Joe

Lawyers dont work for living. After accruing 150K in loans and working five straight years without a single week off, I dont work. Good to know.

But its cool, class warfare won the hearts and minds of the young and retarded activists. Which makes me wonder,  I'm getting lectures about working for a living even though my Dad was a fisheman and both my brothers worked the same boats that appear on Deadliest Catch, and I grew up on the largest fishing port in the US, New Bedford. But little retards want to lecture me about working for a living, while they pretend they are not pro-union. Stuck in a 19th centruty paradigm of labor versus managment they spit on my people and financially rape us.

I am half Portuguese and half Polish son of New Bedford and Fall River. My people work harder than most people can ever imagine. If you want to defame, slander and denegrate their work, so be it. But I will cut a fat union pig like you down and not think twice about it.

I dont know what you are , but your not a friend of liberty. You claim to hate unions and avoid them, and them make spurious arguments to support them. Your intentions her are not pure.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:54:24 am by Freedomroad »

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: WSJ editorial on New Hampshire political scene
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:24 am »

Please, let's be civil here.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:14 am »

Yeah, I think I'm done here.  That was just insane.  I mean, literally, in the "seek chemical help" type.

Oppose RTW and you can oppose union abuses, while not also being anti-liberty.

Or side with that.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:15:28 am »

I think I'm done here.
If only that were true

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:21:11 am »

I think I'm done here.
If only that were true

Gotta love the visit from Trolly Mc. Trollzalot.

JOe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

creaganlios

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: WSJ editorial on New Hampshire political scene - Silliness
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 01:36:21 pm »

If I'm pissing off "meat is murder" and "we can only have a free market if the government controls it," I must be doing something right...

Joe

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 05:58:52 pm »

You claim to hate unions and avoid them, and them make spurious arguments to support them. Your intentions her are not pure.

He's not "supporting" them, he's supporting the right to contract.

I also object to the RTW bill on similar grounds. Suppose I'm an employer--and for whatever reason--some union is in a prime position to offer me valuable, skilled labor. And they do a good job so they want some long term security. I agree that I'll only hire from them during our labor contract. Under the RTW, that's illegal. And actually a crime.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:07:04 pm »

Under the NH RTW bill?
I was under the impression that it simply removed the '51% Rule' currently in effect.

Pages: [1]   Go Up