Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Are parts of Nashua "ghetto?"  (Read 4565 times)

creaganlios

Re: Are parts of Nashua "ghetto?"
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:58:15 am »

"ghetto?"

How thoroughly prejudiced.  Please stay where you are.

Andvari

Re: Are parts of Nashua
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48:52 pm »

"ghetto?"

You are thoroughly a shmuck, its amazing how many politically correct types are around here. Between the homos and the leftists, i think they've taken over.

I grew up in a ghetto, the South Bronx--a bombed out wasteland. Nashua aint ghetto.

creaganlios

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »

Some of you should consider South Carolina. 

I prefer that bigots stay out of New Hampshire.

eh?

• Just living is not enough.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 03:16:57 pm »

That's an entirely appropriate admonition for a person to make concerning their own property.  Is all of New Hampshire yours?
To advocate compulsory taxation (there is no other kind) is to advocate aggressive violence.
Rare indeed seem those who would rather the lash were banished utterly from human interaction save in defense of self and property
than the haft thereof find on convenient occasion its lawful place nestled comfortably in their own grasp.

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:38:31 pm »

"ghetto?"

You are thoroughly a shmuck, its amazing how many politically correct types are around here. Between the homos and the leftists, i think they've taken over.

I grew up in a ghetto, the South Bronx--a bombed out wasteland. Nashua aint ghetto.

Please avoid all name calling of people on this forum, on this forum.  Thank you.

Andvari

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 04:00:55 pm »

That's an entirely appropriate admonition for a person to make concerning their own property.  Is all of New Hampshire yours?

Tully's house--Tully's rules
John's house--Tully's rules

Freedomroad, maybe you should warn ppl to not throw the word bigot around so loosely. Its getting comical, really.

creaganlios

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »

1) If it's appropriate to hope out loud that Statists stay ouf of New Hampshire, it is equally appropriate to hope that bigots stay out as well.  It is perfectly within my right to hope that my state not be turned into a haters paradise...or a nanny state.

2) For the writer who moaned about all the 'leftists' in the area, take note:  the Liberty Movement, and libertarianism, is not the equivalent of, notr the first cousin of, nor a type of, Conservatism.  Libertarians are just as 'leftist' as they are 'rightist.'  If you don't understand that, then you don't understand who we are.

freedomroad

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 05:12:49 pm »

Freedomroad, maybe you should warn ppl to not throw the word bigot around so loosely. Its getting comical, really.

I really have some issues with the way it is being used but I have not figured out a way to deal with it.  In an ideal world I wouldn't even moderate.  Of course, I'd really appropriate it if people on this forum did not call other people on this forum a bigot or any other names.  I'd also love if people did not say things on this forum that caused other people to want them to call them a bigot or whatever.  I'd also appropriate it if people were less sensitive.  Even though I am a moderator, I cannot cannot and do not want to control people.  I just want this forum to be welcoming and helpful.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:16:38 pm by Freedomroad »

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 05:15:05 pm »

I'm not defending him (as you'll see, below), but expressing a preference is not inappropriate, even if it's someone else's property.  The only issue occurs when someone wants to enforce a personal preference on others.

It is perfectly within my right to hope that my state not be turned into a haters paradise...or a nanny state.

That would be less hypocritical, if you didn't publicly state that you believe in the welfare system...

2) For the writer who moaned about all the 'leftists' in the area, take note:  the Liberty Movement, and libertarianism, is not the equivalent of, notr the first cousin of, nor a type of, Conservatism.  Libertarians are just as 'leftist' as they are 'rightist.'  If you don't understand that, then you don't understand who we are.

Yeah, but there are those who call themselves libertarians, who nevertheless do seem to support "left" or "right" ideas.  "I believe in liberty, except that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry" is no further from the core of libertarianism than, "I believe in liberty, except that there should be a 'safety net' provided by the government."

Pot, speaking to kettle...?

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Andvari

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »

1) If it's appropriate to hope out loud that Statists stay ouf of New Hampshire, it is equally appropriate to hope that bigots stay out as well.  It is perfectly within my right to hope that my state not be turned into a haters paradise...or a nanny state.

2) For the writer who moaned about all the 'leftists' in the area, take note:  the Liberty Movement, and libertarianism, is not the equivalent of, notr the first cousin of, nor a type of, Conservatism.  Libertarians are just as 'leftist' as they are 'rightist.'  If you don't understand that, then you don't understand who we are.

Fail.

You are in favor of the civil rights provision that tells busnisses who they can and cant associate with.
You are in favor of the racist affirmative action laws.
You are in favor of Govt sanctioned gay marriage.
You have lived most of or your entire adult life off the backs of tax payers. Have you ever had a job that didnt involve stealing ? Just curious.

But ya, sure. You aint a Statist  ::)

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 05:47:16 pm »

"ghetto?"

How thoroughly prejudiced.

I see no prejudice in a slang term that means, "an impoverished, neglected, or otherwise disadvantaged residential area of a city, usually troubled by a disproportionately large amount of crime."

1) If it's appropriate to hope out loud that Statists stay ouf of New Hampshire, it is equally appropriate to hope that bigots stay out as well.  It is perfectly within my right to hope that my state not be turned into a haters paradise...or a nanny state.

Fail.

You are in favor of the civil rights provision that tells busnisses who they can and cant associate with.
You have lived most of or your entire adult life off the backs of tax payers. Have you ever had a job that didnt involve stealing ? Just curious.

But ya, sure. You aint a Statist  ::)

Your comments are exceptionally rude and your reductionist assertions are unsupported. Please shore up your support or have the dignity to mod yourself appropriately.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:51:53 pm by B.D. Ross »

eh?

• Just living is not enough.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 06:03:40 pm »

... expressing a preference is not inappropriate, even if it's someone else's property.

Expressing a preference concerning someone else's property might be, depending on the full context, discourteous or worse.  I have difficulty at this moment seeing where it could ever be entirely innocuous.

The only issue occurs when someone wants to enforce a personal preference on others.

Very serious issue(s) might indeed arise were someone to in fact actually attempt to enforce such a preference.  Merely wanting to do so, however, doesn't seem to me to be much more serious than expressing a preference about it.
It is difficult, at the moment, for me to imagine the circumstances in which any of the foregoing would not be tainted with some degree of inappropriateness, however slight.  YMMV.

The problem involved in making error-free  judgements in situations like this is that, in reality, the line is neither jet black nor razor thin but broad and various shades of grey.
To advocate compulsory taxation (there is no other kind) is to advocate aggressive violence.
Rare indeed seem those who would rather the lash were banished utterly from human interaction save in defense of self and property
than the haft thereof find on convenient occasion its lawful place nestled comfortably in their own grasp.

creaganlios

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 06:15:03 pm »

Fail. You are in favor of the civil rights provision that tells busnisses who they can and cant associate with.

Guilty as charged.  I believe that free markets require that all players have access to the same resources.

No, I am not.  I have never favored affirmative action of any kind.  Please prove your assertion.

Actually, I testified years ago (prior to civil unions) at the Legislative Hearing in Keene and  callied for an end to Govt-recognized marriages, period...precisely the same as the Bill submitted by Rep. Cohn this year.  Either marriage for anybody, or nobody.

Are you curious, or just taking cheap shots?  Just curious.  But to answer your question, I worked for Dean Falanga & Rose (private law firm 1983-1985, Consolidated Freighways Transportation 1985-1988, Bank of Ireland & Molly College Security 1988-1990; Fellowship of Christians in Universities and Schools 1992-1993; Owned my own Neurodevelopment Service 1998-2004; Owned my own Bar/Restaurant, the Ceilidh House, 2007-2008.  I think that should be enough to establish my credentials in private industry...although its disconcerting to think that you have been keeping a work dossier on me.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:20:59 pm by Tully Fitzsimmons »

creaganlios

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 06:27:13 pm »

From the FSP FAQs:

Q: What kind of people are not welcome as members of the Free State Project?

A: Anyone who promotes violence, racial hatred, or bigotry is not welcome.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 06:39:45 pm »

Fail. You are in favor of the civil rights provision that tells busnisses who they can and cant associate with.

Guilty as charged.  I believe that free markets require that all players have access to the same resources.

Would you force the Catholic church to marry same-sex couples?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up