Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bashing state X  (Read 2779 times)

Sebastian

• FSP Participant
  • Elderado
Bashing state X
« on: July 21, 2003, 02:00:52 pm »

No amount of bashing state X will convince me that state X is bad for the FSP.

Don't tell me why state X is bad, but tell me why your candidate state Y is good.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for yourself.

EMOR

• I'm a llama!
Re:Bashing state X
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 02:04:01 pm »

Put your money where your mouth is.  ;)
WY>SD>AK>VT>ND>DE>MT>ID>NH>ME

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 02:09:29 pm »

He has. Wise words, Sebastian.

I feel sorry that a few people are so angry, that they just find any excuse to trash a state.

I really enjoy being a part of a positive movement... It is a delight to be pro-something.

I am very proud to be a part of such a mostly positive movement for freedom.

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Sebastian

• FSP Participant
  • Elderado
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 02:17:19 pm »

EMOR

I don't have a penny left.

There's plenty of things wrong with EVERY state. There's plenty of good things to say about EVERY state. None of the 10 states spell inevitable doom for the FSP. None of the 10 states guarantee success.

I like certain states more than others, but will not discount those other states.

EMOR

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 02:32:20 pm »

I see the Wyoming thread about sending fingerprints to the FBI turned into a direct bash on Wyoming. Like NH does no wrong.  ::)

The basic fact is that we have to out vote the statists to achieve our goals. In order to do that you don't go to a high population state to do it. I think any state over 1 million is out of our reach. Even maynard said that NH must get a "western mentality". Why? Because we are more freedom loving than the people in NH. Why would anyone want to import the western mentality when it could be had in the west? Because some people care more about a good paying job and comfortable lifestyle than having true freedoms. Proof? Alaska is the most opted out state from the get go because of the misconception that the living would be to rough, to rough for freedom. Yes, NH probably would provide a more comfortable living than Wyoming, but I already have comfortable life. Now is my time to sacrifice a little of my comfort for what I believe in, freedom.
WY>SD>AK>VT>ND>DE>MT>ID>NH>ME

Sebastian

• FSP Participant
  • Elderado
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 02:42:58 pm »

Like NH does no wrong.
State X = any state
Bashing Wyoming is just as bad as bashing New Hampshire, and just as bad as bashing any of the other 8 states.

Karl

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 03:17:25 pm »

The basic fact is that we have to out vote the statists to achieve our goals. In order to do that you don't go to a high population state to do it. I think any state over 1 million is out of our reach.

20,000 people cannot "outvote" the 300,000-odd voters in Wyoming.  A 3rd grader can do this math.

Dalamar49

• FSP Participant
  • I smoked out the sheriff and his deputy! : )
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 03:20:31 pm »

But, I really, really hate state x.

Stupid x'ers! Who do they think they are? Bunch of bloody x'ers that's what I say!

I'm sorry, but I just don't think the FSP will work in state x....yes, maybe state y, but definetely not x. Never!

Why don't they all just go back to state W where they came from? Bloody x's.....

That is all.
Get up, stand up, stand up for your right. Don't give up the fight.

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 03:22:33 pm »

Ah yes, and a third-grader would also be much more likely to listen to a differing viewpoint than your average FSP member. Now let's ask this question: are the residents of the chosen state more likely to have the open mind of the third-grader, or are they more likely to represent the typical cross between a porcupine and a horse's ass that describes many of us?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 03:26:13 pm »

Have I mentioned that, in addition to being ugly, I am fat, and I have no international clothing? Also, I sometimes don't wash well between my toes and I sing loudly while sitting on the toilet.

Therefore, I support Miami as the logical choice for the Free State. Please vote with me or I will accuse you of being Muslim terrorists hell bent on the destruction of the Western culture that spawned such monstrous items as: the Dorito, the Frito, the Moon Pie and last but not least, Michael Jackson.

Now that I have throughoughly cleared up this entire debate about which state is best for freedom, I have to take a nap.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 03:28:22 pm by Palindrome »
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up