Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ron Paul fund-raising letter recognizes NH reps  (Read 4975 times)

Jacobus

Ron Paul fund-raising letter recognizes NH reps
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:30:12 am »

I gave Ron Paul some money three years ago and have been on his spam list ever since.  In the latest letter, NH is the lead on "state successes" of his liberty PAC:

And on the state level, the successes have been even greater.

Last year in New Hampshire alone, no less than 25 Liberty candidates won election to the New Hampshire State House or Senate, including longtime supporter Jim Forsyth winning a State Senate race, and other strong supporters like Andrew Manuse, Keith Murphy, Daniel and Carol McGuire, Jon Maltz, Cameron DeJong, Jenn Coffey, Norman Tregenza, and many more winning House seats.

freedomroad

Re: Ron Paul fund-raising letter recognizes NH reps
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:14:46 pm »

That looks very close to the same language used in an email by either YAL or CFL (I think) weeks ago.  It's also in the email he recently sent to people asking for money.  The more would get done in NH, the more groups outside of NH will promote us for free :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:17:08 pm by Freedomroad »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:13 pm »

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Alex Libman

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 12:34:10 pm »

From my e-mail spam box, an e-mail from "Ron Paul" -- LPAC Announces Presidents' Day Money Bomb --

Dear Liberty Activist,

A great man was born 279 years ago.

George Washington was a freedom fighter, a leader, and one of our greatest Presidents.  But, much of General Washington's greatness was marked not by what he did, but by what he chose not to do.

He could have been a King.

Instead, he stood for Liberty and stepped aside after eight years, allowing our young Republic to grow into the greatest nation in Human history.

2012 offers our movement a tremendous opportunity.  Our nation is beset with crippling debt, an out of control federal government, and a foreign policy that weakens our national defense and isolates us from the world.

But with hard work and determination, we can change course and turn our country back toward Liberty and all of its rewards.

Quite frankly, we need to elect a President in 2012 who will do a lot less: less meddling in the economy, less spending, less warrantless ransacking, less bailing out of Wall Street, less inflating, and less foreign aid and overseas intervention.

We need a President who will respect our Constitution, not someone who simply pays lip service to our traditions.

Because I want a President who does so much less, a lot of people ask me if this means I want a weak President.

My answer is "No!"  I want a strong President - a President like George Washington.

I want a President strong enough NOT to take power he should not have.

It is no secret that I am weighing my personal political options for 2012, and that I am relying on Liberty PAC to fund my efforts while I make important decisions.

Monday, February 21st, is Presidents' Day, which celebrates George Washington's birthday, and we hope to make it one to remember.

On Monday, Liberty PAC will host its first-ever Money Bomb.  Please mark it on your calendar and consider contributing.  If we all come together and pitch in, we can take our country back from the statists that are stealing our Liberty and shredding our Constitution.

The next few months will be critical to ensuring a successful political operation for the 2012 cycle.  I hope you will join me by making this Presidents' Day, February 21st, truly special.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 02:30:37 pm »

I ain't donating a dime until he announces.

We all know he's gonna. So just do it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:37:16 pm by B.D. Ross »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 04:06:53 pm »

May I suggest a $5 donation ? For two reasons:

1.  NH had the highest per capita donation to the RP 2008 campaign....this of course  helps get NH (and the FSP noticed)
2.  The Liberty PAC does do donation to NH races...They helped out in the 2008 and 2010 races in the state house.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:31 pm »

1.  NH had the highest per capita donation to the RP 2008 campaign....this of course  helps get NH (and the FSP noticed)

I like the latter idea.

2.  The Liberty PAC does do donation to NH races...They helped out in the 2008 and 2010 races in the state house.

And who do they donate to? i.e. randomly throw funds or do they support specific candidates?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:14:12 pm by B.D. Ross »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 09:41:41 am »

1.  NH had the highest per capita donation to the RP 2008 campaign....this of course  helps get NH (and the FSP noticed)

I like the latter idea.

2.  The Liberty PAC does do donation to NH races...They helped out in the 2008 and 2010 races in the state house.

And who do they donate to? i.e. randomly throw funds or do they support specific candidates?

Specific candidates.   Some of whom were mentioned in the letter.  Liberty loving candidates.

Andvari

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 08:19:51 pm »

I'd be suprised if he doesnt run now, the other thing he might do (slight chance) is throw his full support behind Gary Johnson.

Alex Libman

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 08:49:59 pm »

Libertarians in the POTUS race can only educate, so it's the question of who'd make the most of his 2 minutes of tee vee.  Mainsteam Joe Sixpackers don't find Ron Paul all that great a communicator, or do they?

BikerBill

• Adventures in the Free State
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 08:50:37 pm »

the other thing he might do (slight chance) is throw his full support behind Gary Johnson.

No, no, no! I want to see the liberty tag-team against this cycle's version of Rudy McRomney. At least in the early debates...

Alex Libman

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 11:41:01 am »

I was busy, but this came at 7PM last night:

Subject: What a day

February 21, 2011

Dear Liberty Activist,

What a day we are having!

The Liberty PAC Presidents' Day Money Bomb is proving to be a huge success.

The money and support is pouring in, and I am eternally grateful.

Today's activity has allowed me to confirm another trip to Iowa, as well as a trip to New Hampshire in March, and I have given clearance for the planning of a trip to Nevada.

The phone has been ringing off the hook today with calls from reporters, and that means people are truly taking notice.

They will write a story tonight about our success today, so it is crucial we a dd everything we can to our total.

The higher our achievement, the harder it will be to write us off. So every dollar counts.  I know times are tough, and budgets are tight, but please consider doing everything you can.

If you have not yet donated, please consider doing so now.

Or, if you gave earlier, please consider digging deep and giving one final contribution to help push us over the top.  Remember, there are millions of us across the country, so combining gifts of even $10 is the key to winning.

Again, your support means the world to me, and I am tremendously energized by today. Thank you. I look forward to standing with you in the fight for Liberty.

For Liberty,
Ron Paul

P.S. In honor of George Washington's birthday, Liberty PAC has launched a Presidents' Day Money Bomb.

Your support is critical in guiding my 2012 decision making and guaranteeing a successful political operation so we can elect the type of President who will take our country back from the statists.

So please, click here to make a contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50, or even $20.12, toward the Liberty PAC Presidents' Day Money Bomb.

::)

I didn't donate.

So it looks like they've raised over $700,000 last night, and they're off to New Hampshire [2] ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up