Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Does the FSP Care about Bigotry?  (Read 36817 times)

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Does the FSP Care about Bigotry?
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2011, 07:45:34 am »

So if you dont accept what the fasco-gay movement says, you're a bigot. Ha.

That's debatable, but calling someone a fasco-gay for saying the government itself should not discriminate on the basis of gender while then explicitly pointing out that the government should not tell private businesses what to do sure seems like bigotry.

What i really would like to see is hetero marriage abolished and ONLY gays be allowed, they and the State deserve eachother. They need to appeal to Mommy Govt because they know in a real free market their mission would fail miserably.

Private businesses have been way ahead of the government in this department.  Major corporations have been rapidly extending domestic partnership benefits to their employees and far more are extending their own non-discrimination policies to sexual orientation without any pressure from government.  It's all market pressure and wanting the best employees.

The gay movement is no different from other collective 'rights' advocates who wanna shove their agenda down everyone's throat (feminists, environmentalists, etc and all those groups who cling to the fictictious idea of 'minority rights').

How do you equate equal treatment by the government to minority rights?  Rights are the same for everybody or they aren't rights.

If this Dalebeart character stated he doesnt think one man and one woman is how he defines marriage, the natural response by everybody here would be...Ok fine, your opinion. But someone who doesnt agree with his definition and views...Oh no, no, no. You cant say that, you're a bigot ! LoL

Well, you can say that, obviously.  You're still here.  You can also equate someone who hasn't harmed anyone to a sodomite, a liar, a thief, a child molester, or call them a fasco-gay, and still be welcomed here because the FSP is trying to be a "big tent" and doesn't want to seem intolerant to anyone who would loudly express those offensive things about a large group of people on the public record.  What would be the reaction to someone who joined the forum and started a thread to politely express their opinion that races should voluntarily segregate and should never intermarry or reproduce and did so without using any comparably offensive racial terms?

BTW, "you're a bigot" is an opinion also.

"Dalebert, stop being intolerant of him just because his opinion is that you're a fascist for believing in equal treatment by the government!"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:54:22 am by dalebert »

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2011, 09:29:50 am »

In addition to the extra 1.5 hours on FTL Friday night, This was discussed on our show Sunday and then briefly on FTL Sunday evening later in the show.  Stephanie co-hosted and wanted to chime in with her thoughts.

Mind wide open

• Voluntaryist
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2011, 09:42:38 am »

Hey Dale-I just wanted to say that was great radio on Friday night! I actually listened to the extended part of the show twice. Very thought provoking to say the least. Turning wrenches gets really boring! Thanks for making my day go by faster. I enjoy your civility, and intelligence when you host. Great new show, too!!
"Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimer Adler

davidinkeene

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 07:27:24 pm »

that moderator guy keith  ... did more bobbing and weaving than mohamed ali ..........did you  ever hear the expression "if you don't stand for SOMETHING you will fall for anything"
  Plus i thought the fsp's  whole idea was to stand on important principals   MAN UP BRO!
  I just heard the    free talk live podcast (the extended one)
  as a matter of fact  that is why im chiming in and  have a  fsp account now
 peace

freedomroad

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »

that moderator guy keith  ... did more bobbing and weaving than mohamed ali ..........did you  ever hear the expression "if you don't stand for SOMETHING you will fall for anything"
  Plus i thought the fsp's  whole idea was to stand on important principals   MAN UP BRO!
  I just heard the    free talk live podcast (the extended one)
  as a matter of fact  that is why im chiming in and  have a  fsp account now
 peace

I was not answering any question in any official way.  I was merely giving my own opinions in a rushed way.  I am sorry if you felt my opinions were bobbes and weaves but I was trying to be completely genuine.

The goal of the FSP is to "The Free State Project is an effort to recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else. "

Welcome to the FSP Forum!

davidinkeene

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2011, 09:20:58 pm »

Ok Keith,
    well   I only heard you that one time so...........It's not like i  KNOW you.
  so .
 ok
 peace
  But i did   think Ian  was right when he said you were squirming out of some questions
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:24:22 pm by david-keene »

freedomroad

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2011, 09:52:08 pm »

Ok Keith,
    well   I only heard you that one time so...........It's not like i  KNOW you.
  so .
 ok
 peace
  But i did   think Ian  was right when he said you were squirming out of some questions

And I still have no idea what he was talking about.  I had very little time to think of the answers and was trying as quickly as I could to answer them.  Honestly, I'm not even sure if I have ever banned anyone on this forum.  I don't really look to do that.  I usually message people in private or sometimes post on the forum asking for people to be nicer and move stuff around that I think would perhaps be better placed in a different section of the forum.  I do ban spambots, but that is something entirely different.  There are other mods on this forum, and they can ban people all they want but I'd rather try to just encourage people to be nice and get along. 

I do thank you for your feedback though.  Please stick around, even if it is just to encourage me to improve :)

ONLYWAY

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 10:58:34 pm »

It seems to me that the word bigot gets thrown around here a lot.  I am curious, how do you define a bigot?

As I have explained earlier...I consider a bigot to be someone who condemns another because of the way God made them (ie skin color, ethnicity, language, family, etc etc)...having an opinon of another's actions is not a bigot.   Generalizing or even judging based on someone's actions is not bigotry.  For example, would you let a child molester babysit your child?  Of course not!  but if you said I would never let a black person babysit my child then you are a bigot.

Since it is part of the FSB statment there should be a definition from the "leadership" (or enforcers/judges) so let's hear it?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:41:46 pm by ONLYWAY »
New Hampshire Charter:  "Considering with ourselves the holy will of God and our own necesity, that we should not live without wholesome laws and civil government amonng us, of which we are altogether destitute, do, in the name of Christ and in the sight of God, combine ourselves together to erect and set up among us such governments as shall be, to our best descerning, agreeable to the will of God..."

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 12:26:02 am »

Bigotry : http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigotry?db=dictionary

Doesn't generalizing or judging based on someone's actions violate the teachings of the Sermon on the Mount?
In Leviticus, (Old Testament Judaic), condemnation to stoning is prescribed... while in John (New Testament) Jesus Christ suggests otherwise.

7:53 And every man went unto his own house. 8:1 Jesus went unto the Mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they who heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The question is do we follow Christ? Or Moses?

freedomroad

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:02 am »

It seems to me that the word bigot gets thrown around here a lot.  I am curious, how do you define a bigot?

According to the definition just posted

"a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion."

or

"a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race"

According to those definitions, I haven't seen any posters that have expressed bigotry on this forum recently.  However, there may be other definitions for the word so I am not sure if the people that have used to term here to describe others are necessarily wrong.  Additionally, I haven't read all of the posts here, either.  If those definitions are accurate, it seems based on what I've seen that this whole discussion isn't even needed, though maybe it is welcomed.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 01:19:56 am »

According to the definition just posted

"a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion."

or

"a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race"

According to those definitions, I haven't seen any posters that have expressed bigotry on this forum recently.  However, there may be other definitions for the word so I am not sure if the people that have used to term here to describe others are necessarily wrong.  Additionally, I haven't read all of the posts here, either.  If those definitions are accurate, it seems based on what I've seen that this whole discussion isn't even needed, though maybe it is welcomed.

QFKFBDL (Quoted for keeping from being deleted later)

Andvari

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2011, 02:08:35 am »

Apparently, if you're not for state-granted fictions like gay marriage it applies. I wonder if opposing corporations and intellectual property also qualifies as bigotry.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2011, 03:28:47 am »

Bigotry would only apply to discrimination of State privilege.

Bigotry:
Synonyms
1.  narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination.

I would guess if you oppose it for some, but support it for others... it would.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2011, 06:52:50 am »

It's refreshing to see the irony of this discussion is not lost on most.

Whether it's over their nature or their behavior which harms no one, a segment of society is being insulted, disrespected, and condescended to, some are even openly advocating discrimination by governments, a few people are trying to make the question about whether saying that's intolerant is actually intolerant.   That's the question?  Srsly?  :-\

Andvari

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2011, 12:12:17 pm »

Bigotry would only apply to discrimination of State privilege.

Then, you cant exclude it from anybody. Period. And however one wants to define marriage must have access to this so-called state privilege. So if a 50 year old wants to marry a 13 yr old, they cant be denied. If a father wants to marry his daughter, ditto. If you want 20 wives or husbands... And on and on. Im sure there are some wackojobs out there that would wanna extend this 'privilege' to marrying animals too, beastiality is quite the popular hobby.

And if you oppose any of this, you are a bigot. Remember, you cant discriminate against anyone LoL !

Obviously, this is all beyond absurd.

Getting the State out of marriage is the only solution. Giving them MORE power, no matter how 'fair' it might seem on the surface, is never a good thing. It only creates more problems down the road.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up