Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Does the FSP Care about Bigotry?  (Read 35974 times)

WendellBerry

Re: Does the FSP Care about Bigotry?
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 03:10:38 pm »

Don't hijack this thread and try to steer it in the direction of your pet subject like every thread you ever touch, TROLL.  I really don't have a big beef with you other than how you do that.  Is it so much to ask that you find a spot to have your debate and continue to have it THERE with anyone who cares to discuss it?  We don't need every thread to be about you.

Moderators, heads up--  if you see him try to take this thread completely off subject, will you please split the topic?  I've known this guy for years and I can smell his trolling from a mile away.

Geez Dale - I was actually supporting your position by trying to clarify.

Take a chill pill...

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 04:07:59 pm »

Don't hijack this thread and try to steer it in the direction of your pet subject like every thread you ever touch, TROLL.  I really don't have a big beef with you other than how you do that.  Is it so much to ask that you find a spot to have your debate and continue to have it THERE with anyone who cares to discuss it?  We don't need every thread to be about you.

Moderators, heads up--  if you see him try to take this thread completely off subject, will you please split the topic?  I've known this guy for years and I can smell his trolling from a mile away.

I don't necessarily agree with his comment, but I do think he was trying to be helpful :)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 04:54:39 pm »

Everyone is born with a sin nature - desire to sin all sorts of sins - everyone has their own struggles but having a struggle doesnt justify sinning...

Speak for yourself.  I have no desire to sin.

the unchangeables that God picks for us are things like, race, counntry, time in history, body things, etc etc.

"Body things," like who someone is sexually attracted to?

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

WendellBerry

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 05:00:18 pm »

"Body things," like who someone is sexually attracted to?

Plumbing "things" Joe...you know - that then "naturally" lead to "insert tab A into slot B"!

LOL

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »

Take a chill pill...

Okay, I prolly did need to take a chill pill, at least with the "TROLL"-- all caps and all.  There IS quite a history of you hijacking many threads and steering them toward one subject.  I apologize and now wish I had just asked moderators to keep an eye out to see if that starts happening again.

WendellBerry

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2011, 07:45:36 pm »

Take a chill pill...

Okay, I prolly did need to take a chill pill, at least with the "TROLL"-- all caps and all.  There IS quite a history of you hijacking many threads and steering them toward one subject.  I apologize and now wish I had just asked moderators to keep an eye out to see if that starts happening again.

you don't think the moderators don't keep on eye on me?

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 09:16:55 pm »

you don't think the moderators don't keep on eye on me?

I honestly don't know.  I don't spend that much time on this forum.  There are just a couple threads that I'm following lately and that's more than usual.

Andvari

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2011, 01:51:27 pm »

So if you dont accept what the fasco-gay movement says, you're a bigot. Ha.

What i really would like to see is hetero marriage abolished and ONLY gays be allowed, they and the State deserve eachother. They need to appeal to Mommy Govt because they know in a real free market their mission would fail miserably.

The gay movement is no different from other collective 'rights' advocates who wanna shove their agenda down everyone's throat (feminists, environmentalists, etc and all those groups who cling to the fictictious idea of 'minority rights').

If this Dalebeart character stated he doesnt think one man and one woman is how he defines marriage, the natural response by everybody here would be...Ok fine, your opinion. But someone who doesnt agree with his definition and views...Oh no, no, no. You cant say that, you're a bigot ! LoL
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:53:55 pm by Andvari »

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2011, 01:57:59 pm »

How would same sex marriage/union fail in a free market?

dyne313

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2011, 03:51:06 pm »

dalebert, I'm completely on your side on this one. After hearing you talk about it on the FTL extra (whatever thats called), I had to see whats going on.

I used to be like you others. And I used all the same language to justify my position. But the more I truly bought into the idea's of liberty, the more accepting I became. And it also helped when I realized that I was not completely straight either.

On the question of is it a choice or are you "born" that way. It doesn't matter to me. Literally, I don't give a flying ****. Because even if it is just a choice, there's nothing wrong with it morally. The only justification I've ever heard is, "it's against my religion, or god says its wrong." I don't care what your god says.

And as far as "what is marriage?" Doesn't matter to me either. Personally I don't believe in marriage, and I wouldn't suggest anybody get married. But I wouldn't ever dream of telling anybody they can't.

-edited for grammer, changed "Because even if it was just a choice" to " Because even if it is just a choice"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:26:03 pm by dyne313 »

creaganlios

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2011, 04:47:53 pm »

Of course dalebert is right.

Just as that speech which is most offensive is PRECISELY that speech that must be protected...so are those 'choices' that MOST offend the Theocrats the ones that must be protected if Liberty is to be real.  ONLYWAY's approach to this issue has been is pure theocracy, and anti-liberty.    Liberty means I can marry whoever the hell I want, I can live with two husbands or six wives if I want, and the state must treat me the same as anyone else - no better, no less.  THATS liberty. 

Anyone who doesnt like it can avoid my house parties & pig roasts, never darken my doorstep, avoid my church (which conducts same-sex ceremonies), and pray for my soul or call on heaven to rain down fire and brimstonbe, as they feel compelled...but to embrace liberty also means to accept that I should be allowed to ive unrestrained and unfettered by State Prohibition of my life and home.

Tully, a liberty-minded Christian who lives openly in a gay Triad.

dyne313

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:25 pm »

I think for Liberty Lovers, the issue isn't "should they be able to," but more of, "should others accept it." Quite frankly, I don't care. You have every right to "think it's wrong" or even refuse to associate with people that practice/accept/advocate for it. But I think you do yourself a huge disservice. You miss out on getting to know some good people.
. . .who wanna shove their agenda down everyone's throat . . .

Nice choice of words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z49FPpdTrU&feature=related

Mind wide open

• Voluntaryist
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2011, 06:31:05 pm »

I'm still having trouble understanding why one mans "sin" is another mans business. True liberty will come when men would never even presume to have an opinion on such matters.
"Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men." ~ Mortimer Adler

eh?

• Just living is not enough.
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2011, 07:05:48 pm »

Consenting adults1 <shrug>.

1For reasonable definitions of consent and adult.
To advocate compulsory taxation (there is no other kind) is to advocate aggressive violence.
Rare indeed seem those who would rather the lash were banished utterly from human interaction save in defense of self and property
than the haft thereof find on convenient occasion its lawful place nestled comfortably in their own grasp.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2011, 07:47:33 pm »

Consenting adults1 <shrug>.

1For reasonable definitions of consent and adult.

i like this comment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up