Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Young Family of Three in FL  (Read 2947 times)

samuel7467

Young Family of Three in FL
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:00:29 am »

Greetings fellow liberty-minded folks! The wife, our newborn daughter and I have recently come across this wonderful idea and community. We’re currently living in Florida, but had planned to relocate to NH even before we learned about FSP. Sadly, we’ve not been able to find many people in our area that share our viewpoints or local communities that we would be proud to raise our daughter in. We hope to join you in NH sooner rather than later so that we can find the right place for us.

This is mainly an introduction post. There are so many amazing resources to take advantage of on this site, so we will be busy! It’s good to know that we are not alone and that that at least some of us have woken up. We'd love the chance to get to know some of the other folks in this community.

Sam, Chelsea and Lia

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
Re: Young Family of Three in FL
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 12:18:00 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  I suggest you visit NH if you haven't been there, especially during the summer.  Folks on this forum will help you make your visit worthwhile. 
Tu ne cede malis.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 12:51:11 pm »

Always good to see more families getting involved.  During the early days, when a disproportionate number of single males moved, some locals felt like there was an invasion.  That false image is further softened when families move; parents and kids hardly an invasion make...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

MS Libertarian

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:04:41 pm »

Always good to see more families getting involved.  During the early days, when a disproportionate number of single males moved, some locals felt like there was an invasion.  That false image is further softened when families move; parents and kids hardly an invasion make...

Joe
Its like Libertarian nation building  :D
Only Jedis should use the force!

The Second Amendment is my gun permit.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »

Many FSP events have so many families with kids present, one starts to think we should rename this effort to the "Romper Room Project"

:)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:13:33 pm »

Welcome!

Do you have a specific time-frame of when you'd like to move, or is it based on finding a job etc? If so let us know what kind of work you're looking for, and you may get some help with it.

Hope to see you in NH soon! I've been planning my own move for a couple of years and will be there Sep 16.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

MS Libertarian

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:03:31 pm »

Welcome!

Do you have a specific time-frame of when you'd like to move, or is it based on finding a job etc? If so let us know what kind of work you're looking for, and you may get some help with it.

Hope to see you in NH soon! I've been planning my own move for a couple of years and will be there Sep 16.
Congratulations
Only Jedis should use the force!

The Second Amendment is my gun permit.

samuel7467

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 11:13:39 am »

Thank you all for the kind welcome! It's great to hear that there will be like-minded family folks. We would love for our little one to grow up around kids that are outside the mainstream culture.

We definitely want to visit soon, but we're pretty "in the moment" types and might just pack it up for a permanent move when the opportunity arises. Congrats on your impending move, 10stateswithnh.

Opportunity for us, like most, will be linked to employment options. Luckily, it seems NH beats FL in terms of job market.

We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible when we make it up there!

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 11:50:03 am »

porcmanor.com for housing, eh
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

samuel7467

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 05:36:17 pm »

porcmanor.com for housing, eh

Thank you for the link. We're having some problems finding affordable housing, as we are not well off and have two medium-sized dogs.

My wife is becoming quite keen on Keene, but getting work sorted out will be an issue. We make enough to get by down here with my website promo/SEO and my wife's online bath and body product shop, but I'll need to find more employment opportunities to save up for the expense of moving.

We want this badly, so we will make it happen.  :)

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything