Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Moved to New Hampshire Status  (Read 8097 times)

libertango

Updating Moved to New Hampshire Status
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:23:51 pm »

Hey All,

Could someone direct me as to where and how I change my status to having moved to New Hampshire?  I couldn't find it in the first five or even first 180 seconds of looking, which says to me it's too difficult to find.  Perhaps I could do something to make it easier to do this?  I have a little bit of web development experience fwiw.  Also, is it necessary to provide my address?  It seems to me like there may be a bunch of people who have moved who have not updated their status due to this concern. 

-Libertango

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Updating Moved to New Hampshire Status
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:01:42 am »

You can do it by logging into your FSP user account:
https://freestateproject.org/user/login

You're probably right that a lot of people are not bothering to update their moved status!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

libertango

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:15:19 am »

You're probably right that a lot of people are not bothering to update their moved status!

I heard that you have to also send an email to moved AT freestateproject.org in order for the counter to tick over.  I was thinking perhaps it could be nice to have a tab under moving to new hampshire which is solely to encourage people who have moved to increase the counter.  Perhaps a link that auto-redirects to the place where they have to change it.  I looked under "my account" and it appears as though I can change my address to New Hampshire, but it wasn't clear to me if that was sufficient.  Not sure I want to hand out that information though; perhaps a giant, glaring checkbox that says YES! I've moved.  I wouldn't mind helping with this.

-Libertango

libertango

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 10:28:59 am »

These instructions are great, perhaps it could be transferred to a permanent page on the FSP website?

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=14037.0

-Libertango

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 01:29:24 pm »

I heard that you have to also send an email to moved AT freestateproject.org in order for the counter to tick over.  I was thinking perhaps it could be nice to have a tab under moving to new hampshire which is solely to encourage people who have moved to increase the counter.  Perhaps a link that auto-redirects to the place where they have to change it.  I looked under "my account" and it appears as though I can change my address to New Hampshire, but it wasn't clear to me if that was sufficient.  Not sure I want to hand out that information though; perhaps a giant, glaring checkbox that says YES! I've moved.  I wouldn't mind helping with this.

-Libertango

updating your address by logging in will change the counter.  (it sometimes takes about 6 hours... a chron job runs)....if you email moved... all we do is check your address and then change it if it is not changed.

The past two years we made a HUGE push to get everyone who moved to update their status.  I think we probably got about 90% of them.  I also know of some people who LEFT NH and some have changed their address and some haven't.  So all in all I think that the number is pretty accurate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything