Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Must read!!!!  (Read 19099 times)

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
Must read!!!!
« on: July 03, 2003, 08:28:00 pm »

This is from Sardonicus:

Yes Mr Maynard:

I would agree prejudice is a terrible thing.

So is hypocracy.

Rooting for the HOME TEAM in the face of overwhelming evidence that your state is not the best state for the success of the FSP is PREJUDICE.

Impliying that someone who objectivily examined the state by state data and concluded that they are predudice is hypocrazy.

While I originally believed that WY was better that NH because of my studing of the raw data and political trends, it is the difference in attitude in the supporters of NH that leads me to conclude that NH would be one of the worst states to win this vote.

The people supporting WY are people willing to move, while NH supporters are "as long as its NH"....THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES about that success.  The future of freedom is in the hands of those willing to work for it (i. e. move if the case may be) not those who are begging for a deliverer.

I could not agree more. I am beginning to think I do not belong in the FSP. I joined up to bring in a new way of doing things. Bringing about freedoms to all people. It seems that a few people on here are trying to make a political campaign out of the FSP and hijack the project. I am not into the James Carville, Bill Clinton, Democrat way of campaigning I am seeing take place over the last few weeks. So much misinformation is being spread it leaves a very bad taste for the FSP, which could lead to a very big fracture in the project.

Penfist

• FSP Participant
  • Work together to build something that lasts.
    • Penfist
Re:Must read!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 08:30:45 pm »

Can you be specific about the misinformation?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 08:31:04 pm »

Just a little to add. I don't enjoy seeing people playing political games that affect the lives of 20,000+ people just to get what they want.

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 08:32:44 pm »

Exactly what I mean. There are hundreds of threads and you tell me you never read them?

Penfist

• FSP Participant
    • Penfist
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 08:37:59 pm »

I haven't noticed any misinformation, and I'm not making claims that a lot of it is being bandied around.

You are.

So if you want to be taken seriously, point me to it.

I love the idea of the Free State, and I'll be damned if I'm going to get discouraged by these East/West arguments and flame wars.

I'm moving to whatever Free State is chosen, and I have full confidence in the organizers of this project that the vote will be counted according the Condorcet method.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
--Thomas Jefferson

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 08:42:53 pm »

I haven't noticed any misinformation, and I'm not making claims that a lot of it is being bandied around.

You are.

So if you want to be taken seriously, point me to it.

I love the idea of the Free State, and I'll be damned if I'm going to get discouraged by these East/West arguments and flame wars.

I'm moving to whatever Free State is chosen, and I have full confidence in the organizers of this project that the vote will be counted according the Condorcet method.

So my opinion is meanignless in you world? That is what I mean. If I have an opinion does that mean I can not be taken serious. Are you really James Carville?

Penfist

• FSP Participant
    • Penfist
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 08:43:27 pm »

Exactly what I mean. There are hundreds of threads and you tell me you never read them?

I just need to follow up my last post, Zion.

I think you really want this project to succeed, but I think you might be a little bit too enamored with having it succeed on your terms.

I'm glad that you and many others are adamant that a Western state is the best choice. If the vote agrees with you, I'm moving to where the vote takes me.

In the meantime, I wish all of us would mix our passion with a little more logic.

I hope to sit across a table from you one day in a place where both of us and our families and friends are truly free. In the long run, that's really all I care about.
--Thomas Jefferson

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 08:43:37 pm »

We are in the final stages of deciding which state presents the best chance for the FSP to be successful in furthering Liberty.

The fate of the FSP (LIBERTY IN OUR LIFETIME) could very well be determined by this very important vote.

This is high-stakes hardball and honestly, the debate has remained surprisingly civil, at least according to my perspective. If we are to be activists, we might as well get accustomed to lively debate.

I say, giddy-up! After the state is chosen, lets all shake hands and get to work.
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

jenlee

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom Lover
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 08:45:10 pm »

I have full confidence in the organizers of this project that the vote will be counted according the Condorcet method.

You know, that i one thing I have never worried about.

And well darn!!  I too will be moving to which ever state is selected. And once in that state I will go north (ok ok ok so I am partial to the north!  Is that a bad thing?  ;)) And from there I will do my part of voting for the good of what ever state I move to. I have to since I will be moving 100s if not 1,000s of miles to get there. So for me, it is in MY best interests to become involved in which ever state it is.

And all I can add is.............vote for the BEST state possible. I will.
Choices. One, plenty of room to expand. Two, freeze em and stack em like cords of wood, thaw em out to vote and then refreeze em. Choices.

jenlee

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom Lover
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 08:46:54 pm »

I agree Doug

Looking forward to putting faces and voices with nics.

So...........on to the free state! It will be wonderful, no matter if it is east coast or west coast, it will be wonderful!

We are in the final stages of deciding which state presents the best chance for the FSP to be successful in furthering Liberty.

The fate of the FSP (LIBERTY IN OUR LIFETIME) could very well be determined by this very important vote.

This is high-stakes hardball and honestly, the debate has remained surprisingly civil, at least according to my perspective. If we are to be activists, we might as well get accustomed to lively debate.

I say, giddy-up! After the state is chosen, lets all shake hands and get to work.

Choices. One, plenty of room to expand. Two, freeze em and stack em like cords of wood, thaw em out to vote and then refreeze em. Choices.

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2003, 08:47:12 pm »

Stumpy, the thing is I am not sure I would want to shake hands with some of you at all. Just like buying a lemon from a used car salesman, would you go back to them again? Nope.

Penfist

• FSP Participant
    • Penfist
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2003, 08:51:07 pm »

I have full confidence in the organizers of this project that the vote will be counted according the Condorcet method.

You know, that i one thing I have never worried about.

And well darn!!  I too will be moving to which ever state is selected. And once in that state I will go north (ok ok ok so I am partial to the north!  Is that a bad thing?  ;)) And from there I will do my part of voting for the good of what ever state I move to. I have to since I will be moving 100s if not 1,000s of miles to get there. So for me, it is in MY best interests to become involved in which ever state it is.

And all I can add is.............vote for the BEST state possible. I will.

I look forward to it, and to meeting you and having a good laugh about how silly some of us (myself included) acted in the days and weeks leading up to packing that moving truck.
--Thomas Jefferson

onyx_goddess

• FSP Participant
  • Choking Screams Their Liquid Dreams
    • Robestone
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2003, 08:55:19 pm »

I agree that things are getting a little nasty, but it can be boiled down to less than 5 mean-spirited WY supporters and less than 5 passive-aggressive NH supporters.

I also agree that after reading and reading day after day there are many FSPers I don't care to be friends with.  However, I'm okay with that.  I can work with people without liking them.

I'm eager to get the vote done, if for no other reason than we can finally put all this stupid he-said-she-said arguing behind us and start talking about things less divisive.
Happiness is fleeting
When your heart is barely beating

Penfist

• FSP Participant
    • Penfist
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2003, 08:56:18 pm »

Stumpy, the thing is I am not sure I would want to shake hands with some of you at all. Just like buying a lemon from a used car salesman, would you go back to them again? Nope.

Amazing. Here we are coming together to risk everything in order to attain  freedom and you're comparing your fellow freedom lovers to used car salesmen just because you are worried that your top choice won't be everyone else's top choice?

Talk about intolerance.
--Thomas Jefferson

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2003, 08:57:32 pm »

Jenlee,
Back at ya. ;D
Thus far, my association with the FSP has allowed me to meet some wonderful people.

Zion,
I’m truly saddened you feel that way.
Well, when we get to the Free State, I’ll offer my hand to you regardless of what state is chosen.  
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up