Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vendors, Free Marketeers, Agorists, etc  (Read 12379 times)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Vendors, Free Marketeers, Agorists, etc
« on: January 06, 2011, 01:25:16 pm »

We're doing away with a 'white market' vending area this year, and expanding the Agora

Agora Alley with its 28 sites is being expanded into Agora Valley with more than 80 sites!

Also, NO VENDOR FEES THIS YEAR!

I expect Agora Valley to be an incredibly vibrant and exciting component of PorcFest 2011

You can see Agora Valley in this map

Organization is thus far taking place on facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_119159348146258

But you are welcome and encouraged to organize here as well.

57/88 sites left!

Comment below

ULTIMATE GOAL: Make PorcFest the new Independence Day. One that respects NO border.

Agora Valley Goal 2011: A little slice of Anarchist heaven

How I See It: 6 rows, 80 something sites, of vibrant community based on voluntary exchange for mutual benefit.

Every other road is closed to vehicular traffic, Agorists are encouraged to set up their free market venture on this side of their site,
all facing each other and more importantly, the traffic of potential customers. The other street bordering each site will be open to vehicles,
and Agorists are encouraged to camp on this side, and keep their less attractive items (like trash bags) to this end.

The pedestrian walk-ways are alive with revelers with real money jingling in their pockets.
Old friends and new embrace every few feet. Children walk with parents.
Lovers stroll hand in hand. Laughter is pervasive and constant.
Music, PorcFest Radio plays from dozens of small radios brought for the purpose.
Someone is singing. Someone else is playing the guitar in time.
The air is thick with the smell of delicious delectables. And perfume. And summer.

Each walk-way has a name, chosen by the vendors. All are more inventive than "Agora Alley".
In an attempt to gain customers, individuals vendors make individual choices to increase their chances.
In an attempt to gain customers, the vendors of the walk-way band together to make theirs something truly special.
Night time LED lighting is employed by all to increase the number of profitable hours, and cater to their customers.
People dicker. They haggle. Deals are made. Value exchanged for value. The double Thank You.

On the drive-way, campsites are kept neat. Traffic flows freely. Someone has started a trash service, seeing the opportunity.
Deals are struck to transport the trash of other roads. Other services are being offered, some successful, some not.
Someone brought a golf cart and started a taxi service. Another is renting out his segway at 1 hour intervals. Still another is marketing his home-made electric car.
These roads have names, too, but they are less philosophical, more practical.
This is the behind the scenes, where the cooperation between vendors is really apparent. All is done voluntarily, for mutual benefit, or not done at all. ☮ Ⓐ ☯
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:51:48 am by Sovereign Curtis »
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: Vendors, Free Marketeers, Agorists, etc
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 07:44:42 pm »

32 sites gone, 56 left. Dont delay, join today! Comment below!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:13:15 am »

Sure wish I could be there. Maybe I could make some money sitting people's sites so they could take a break. Think there's a market for that?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:15:55 pm »

Sure wish I could be there. Maybe I could make some money sitting people's sites so they could take a break. Think there's a market for that?

Absolutely!

ptb

• Voluntarist Freethinker
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:44 am »

FYI: In case everyone doesn't remember from last year:

• RV sites #1-86 will fit RVs less than 28 feet in length (this is ALL of Agora Valley).

• Sites 87-306 will fit RVs longer than 25 feet.

• Sites 30-34 are Electric & Water ONLY (I believe this means no septic)

- Peter

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 12:32:39 am »

FYI: In case everyone doesn't remember from last year:

• RV sites #1-86 will fit RVs less than 28 feet in length (this is ALL of Agora Valley).

• Sites 87-306 will fit RVs longer than 25 feet.

• Sites 30-34 are Electric & Water ONLY (I believe this means no septic)

- Peter

Thanks!

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 12:48:23 am »

42 sites left! Half gone! MOVE IT!

vwhead

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:23 am »

HI there - We are looking to secure a vendor spot for Porcfest 2011. Please advise as to how we do this - who to talk to etc. I am also bringing a couple of young folks with me to open their eyes to the possibility of moving to the Free State Project in NH. If someone could email me at vwheaD@htva.net I would appreciate it. Thanks >>>--->Matt

pattylee loves dogs

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 02:09:23 pm »

I am a political vendor supporting Ron Paul and am seeking an alternative road, place than Agora Valley to run a little tea room.   Do I need permission?

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 02:15:08 pm »

I am a political vendor supporting Ron Paul and am seeking an alternative road/place than Agora Valley to run a little tea room.   Do I need permission?

No Patty, you do not need permission.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:11 pm »

I am a political vendor supporting Ron Paul and am seeking an alternative road, place than Agora Valley to run a little tea room.   Do I need permission?

yeah!

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 03:06:57 pm »

For those who are not on Facebook...

We already have 17 vendors at PorcFest signed up to use Shire Silver. This wallet-friendly alternative to traditional bullion is going to be all over PorcFest!

Vendors that are willing to accept Shire Silver and display prices in gold and silver grams can get discounts on pre-orders: http://shiresilver.com/porcfest_2011_vendor_deal
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 11:32:38 am »

Just 30 sites left

Pages: [1]   Go Up