Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Prospective free staters: where in NH are you thinking about moving?  (Read 9115 times)

antistate1190

Re: Prospective free staters: where in NH are you thinking about moving?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 07:42:27 pm »

I've spent some time in Cöös Cöunty.

There are some very nice things north-east of Berlin.

It being on the very opposite side of the state from Keene is just a coincidence.   ::)

When I visited a while ago I saw Berlin and liked how cheap and pretty it was, like a picturesque mountain town that feels isolated from civilization. But there's a shortage of places to work in the town unfortunately. That's why I'm looking into the cities or villages that are closer to the south since there's more jobs there year-round.

That's Berlin.  Cheap and no jobs.  When there were jobs, the aroma made the town rather unpopular.

I figured.

Would you happen to know if there's lots of jobs in the lakes region? It seems just as beautiful but I have to ask if there's a lot of jobs year-round.

Alex Libman

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »

I wouldn't know about the local job market because I've always worked online.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 01:14:20 am »

Not at the moment. Though you'll only need one... maybe two.

Kamekazi Seagull

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 01:52:03 am »

Seacoast, preferably Portsmouth if I can get a job in town.  Otherwise, Exeter.

blaknoize

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 01:25:37 pm »

Does this organization offer an "assistance" plan as far as helping people get to and tour the cities and towns of interest? Are we organized as far as assisting those who "pledge" to move in finding work within their respective fields?

Just asking, since I was at one time to poor to imagine moving to such a wealthy part of the country.
GET THERE!!!

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 01:28:32 pm »

Does this organization offer an "assistance" plan as far as helping people get to and tour the cities and towns of interest? Are we organized as far as assisting those who "pledge" to move in finding work within their respective fields?

Monetarily, no.

If you post that you want to tour a given city, though, or are looking for particular work, it's likely that some folks will volunteer to help you out.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

shooter77

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 08:42:41 pm »

like what I've seen regaurding Keene so far.  I like alot of snow and thunderstorms.  any suggestions from those of you who live there?
wanna hear a joke?  Global Warming.  LOL!

AgoristTeen2

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 04:29:05 am »

When I turn 18, and graduate from my gov't juvenile brainwashing camp i.e. PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL, I'm probably going to go to Dartmouth...my scores and grades can easily get me in, and since they decided to waive the tuition for undergrads whose families make less than 75k a year, it's more affordable than any university in Michigan...besides that it has one of the largest libraries in the world (I checked and the main college library at Dartmouth, the Baker-Berry Library has over 1,800,000 books) and it's in NH. :) So until I graduate from there, I'll probably either live in the dorms, or rent a place in Hanover or nearby...after that I'll probably move to Coos county since I'm a survivalist/prepper kinda guy.....and I very much like the idea of having a retreat....however, if any of you have suggestion on an urban or suburban area that has a high concentration of preppers, preferably libertarian preppers too, though I can tolerate non-libertarians since it allows me to try and convert them over to liberty. :) But yeah that's my plan...

Post Scriptum: I was serious when I asked for suggestion on a place that has a high concentration of preppers, preferably those of a libertarian mindset.

Post Post Scriptum, even though I'm not 18 yet, and won't be until April of next year, would it be alright if I sign the pledge since I know I want too move to NH for the FSP as soon as I can...thanks and have a nice day.

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 04:58:39 am »

Check out the "FSP Job Alert" on facebook for additional job postings.
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

Argentum

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 09:24:50 am »

I don't know exactly where I want to go.  But I do know that I want to be as far away from Keene as possible.  I don't wish to be associated with those people.  I'm speaking generally, of course.  I'm sure that I would get along fine with some of them.  I don't agree with or like the juvenile antics. 

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 12:23:18 pm »

I don't know exactly where I want to go.  But I do know that I want to be as far away from Keene as possible.  I don't wish to be associated with those people.  I'm speaking generally, of course.  I'm sure that I would get along fine with some of them.  I don't agree with or like the juvenile antics. 
Even moving 1 town over -- Jaffrey or Peterborough -- is far enough that you don't have to deal with them on an immediate basis.
I'd suggest landing somewhere central (Manchester, Concord) and then exploring the rest of the state for a final destination.

Argentum

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 01:19:55 pm »

Denis,

I was in Dover and Manchester in 1993.  This was right after the LP elected 4 reps. to the State House.   I actually considered moving up there, so I guess you could say I was a proto-Free Stater. ::)  Anyway, at the time I liked Manchester.  I was sort of like a big, little city or a little, big city.  I spent most of a day there.  I only passed through Dover so I have no recollection of it. 

I'll probably take your advice and start in the center, working my way outwards.  The North country, the West and  the SW are definitely out. 

Thanks.

Dionysus

• New Hampshire Liberty Alliance
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 02:47:07 pm »

I intend to winter in around Bedford or Manchester and start exploring other possibilities in the Spring. I'd like to find a small house or cabin in the woods with a decent basement or large garage.
"Emergencies” have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have eroded.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 04:17:44 pm »

Here's a fun strategy:
1) Download the NH Liberty Alliance Liberty Rating
2) Look up the town you'd like to move to

There are 3 types:
I) Towns with a lot of pro-liberty Reps
You'll have a lot of fun chatting with your elected representatives. Help them get re-elected, help push legislation they're working on, give them pro-liberty bill suggestions and have them go fight for you.
II) Towns with a mix of pro-liberty/anti-liberty Reps
You'll have fun like in (I) above, but there's a spot open for you when you decide it's time for you to become a State Rep
III) Towns with uniformly anti-liberty Reps
You miss out on the fun of the above two types, BUT you can work to get better people elected and/or run yourself in a few years, thereby significantly reducing the amount of Statism in NH.

kallen

• The Staircase to Hell
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 01:03:41 am »

Here's a fun strategy:
1) Download the NH Liberty Alliance Liberty Rating
2) Look up the town you'd like to move to

There are 3 types:
I) Towns with a lot of pro-liberty Reps
You'll have a lot of fun chatting with your elected representatives. Help them get re-elected, help push legislation they're working on, give them pro-liberty bill suggestions and have them go fight for you.
II) Towns with a mix of pro-liberty/anti-liberty Reps
You'll have fun like in (I) above, but there's a spot open for you when you decide it's time for you to become a State Rep
III) Towns with uniformly anti-liberty Reps
You miss out on the fun of the above two types, BUT you can work to get better people elected and/or run yourself in a few years, thereby significantly reducing the amount of Statism in NH.

Great idea!
Can New Hampshire end the exhausting trail of wandering for Kallen???

Kallen is counting on it. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up