Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't know what state to vote for!  (Read 2489 times)

Jack Harrison

• FSP Participant
  • Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
I don't know what state to vote for!
« on: July 02, 2003, 07:14:50 am »

I might be the only one. Jason's email with the state summaries, etc.. that I received last night made me realize that I really have no idea which state to vote for. There are as many compelling reasons to vote for each state as there are cons!

It just dawned on me that I'm confused about it. Initially I figured it'd be Wyoming, but I have been convinced by data - and by many of you, that Wyoming might not be the best choice. That leaves a bunch of others available. There are a couple I will not vote for under any circumstances - Delware for example, (I'm next door in Md. now) and I'd wilt and wither under the long, cold Maine winters. Other than that, I'm more undecided now than I was when I started on this path.

Regardless of what state is chosen, I'll go for sure, even if its DE. or ME, though I won't vote for them. I'm not choosing the opt out for any state. But I have no idea which state I'll be voting for.

Wierd, eh?

Michelle

• FSP Participant
Re:I don't know what state to vote for!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 07:19:54 am »

I don't think it is weird. I am absolutely, 100% positive that New Hampshire is my #1 pick, but I am having a really hard time determining how to rank the other states. All the other nine states have good points, but they also have negatives that give me serious pause and I find myself trying to determine which are the lesser of the negatives.
Please join NHLA today! http://www.nhliberty.org With every new member we gain political weight to support liberty-friendly candidates and promote liberty throughout NH.
Support the Liberty Scholarship Fund. Please make a donation today! http://www.lsfund.org

Jack Harrison

• FSP Participant
  • Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 08:54:12 am »

There are a couple I will not vote for under any circumstances - Delware for example

What is it about Delaware that stops the show for you?

I don't have a show stopper state, just two that I won't vote for. I live in Maryland, right next door to Delaware. I was in Delaware last weekend, in fact, at the beach. If I'm going to uproot my life I would like it to be further away from where I grew up. Besides, pretty much I only drive through Delaware on the way to other places. I know there are pretty places, I've been to nice towns, but the view from interstate 95 is horrible.

If Delaware should be chosen, I'll go there.

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 09:08:04 am »

Jack -
I'd seriously give NH a second glance.  It is clearly the pick when it comes to ease in creating a Libertarian state, and its weather isn't half bad.  The winters are longer in the north and not too bad in the south - its New England, so you'll experience the breadth of weather attributed to every season.  You might want to check out the "101 Reasons" list, its very informative.
Pages: [1]   Go Up