Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: National Athem etc.  (Read 2616 times)

National Athem etc.
« on: December 23, 2010, 01:56:48 am »

Hi, I've seen a few disturbing (to me) to references to a "nationalist anthem," pledge of allegiance etc on these forums.

Does the FSP think it's goal can be reached within the Constitution..or does it wish there were no Constitution, or an amended version of it?  To be sure, the judicial branch has legislated from the bench, ceded too much authority to the other two branches, promoted the cult of the presidency, and has gone too far in "interpreting" what the founders "would say today."  BS.

However, does the FSP think there is something wrong with allegiance to the Republic?  I doubt I could join an organization that thinks it is beyond the Republic.

Best.

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: National Athem etc.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 02:06:45 am »

Hi, I've seen a few disturbing (to me) to references to a "nationalist anthem," pledge of allegiance etc on these forums.

Does the FSP think it's goal can be reached within the Constitution..or does it wish there were no Constitution, or an amended version of it?  To be sure, the judicial branch has legislated from the bench, ceded too much authority to the other two branches, promoted the cult of the presidency, and has gone too far in "interpreting" what the founders "would say today."  BS.

However, does the FSP think there is something wrong with allegiance to the Republic?  I doubt I could join an organization that thinks it is beyond the Republic.

Best.

The FSP doesn't "think" anything.  It only tries to recruit 20,000 who agree with the Statement of Intent.
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

creaganlios

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 07:14:29 am »

Does the FSP think it's goal can be reached within the Constitution..or does it wish there were no Constitution, or an amended version of it?  To be sure, the judicial branch has legislated from the bench, ceded too much authority to the other two branches, promoted the cult of the presidency, and has gone too far in "interpreting" what the founders "would say today."  BS.

However, does the FSP think there is something wrong with allegiance to the Republic?  I doubt I could join an organization that thinks it is beyond the Republic.

Best.

The FSP doesn't "think" anything.  It only tries to recruit 20,000 who agree with the Statement of Intent.

That
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:35:32 pm by Thom S »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:06:22 am »

There are some in the FSP who hate it.
There are some who love it.
There are some who are indifferent.

but mostly what RichW said... the FSP doesn't do anything but want 20K people to move to NH... Then in NH the people will work with the groups that they like the most.

BigJoe

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 09:58:20 am »

what do the national anthem and pledge of allegiance have to do with the Constitution?

But mostly, what everyone else said. The FSP doesn't take any specific stances.  Although if you sign the statement of intent, you must not think the Constitution was all that great.  A monopoly gov't run post office doesn't really have anything to do with protecting life, liberty, and property.

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:16:00 am »

what do the national anthem and pledge of allegiance have to do with the Constitution?

But mostly, what everyone else said. The FSP doesn't take any specific stances.  Although if you sign the statement of intent, you must not think the Constitution was all that great.  A monopoly gov't run post office doesn't really have anything to do with protecting life, liberty, and property.

While I'm not a huge fan of the US Constitution, it seems reasonable that some people that signed the statement of intent could disagree with you and I.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything