Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What laws will there be if any?  (Read 14194 times)

Zack Bass

Re:What laws will there be if any?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2003, 01:07:26 pm »

For Jews, at age 13 you are a full adult (although that means less for Jews living in America and other restrictive countries, as the mitzvah is not legally binding).  The Jews are one of the longest-lasting cohesive cultural groups around, so clearly they have been successful and the younger age of adulthood has not wreeked havok.

Are you saying that this is the true position of Jews?  That, if they had their way, without restrictive interference from the goyim, 13-year-old boys and girls would have all the rights of adulthood?  And therefore they do in fact have those rights in Israel, where Jews do have their way?

cannon

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2003, 01:28:01 pm »

The only problem is, I believe that the current age of majority (18) is controlled by the Fed Gov.

How are the feds controlling this now?
I assumed that the Feds would refuse to give funding to a state that didn't set their age of majority the way they wanted. Because we're planning to forego those funds anyway it shouldn't be a problem for us.
I'm guessing that if we were to lower the age of majority then those under-18 adults could vote in state elections but not federal elections -- is this how it works? Does anybody know the details on this issue?

otaku

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2004, 02:19:53 pm »

However, if this project comes to fruition, then there will be something people will be drawn to. Of course, it will start, most likely, with a small influx of younger adults (late 20s, early 30s) who are of a mindset similar to those living there already. Sadly, word will get out of someplace that is quasi-utopian, and people will immediately move to exploit the freedom they could find there.

So, this leads to either an influx of degenerate manipulative people, or xenophobia and exclusion of outsiders for fear of internal violence.

end qoute

Good point many flee places like say california for the better more free states like arizona,idaho and the like

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2004, 11:52:09 pm »

otaku thanks for being active here...sorry there are not more responses yet, we just don't have enough young people active on the boards but give it time.

http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2004, 07:35:18 pm »

Well, I have returned.  I am a young person, who used to post on this topic, and as you may see, I started this topic, but then, I got busy and had little time for computer fun.  But now, I am back.  Hmm.  Yes, I will likely not be moving to the free state, but still, I admire those who do and I admire the whole thing.  It is a very good cause and a very good thing to fight for.  I am mostly here to talk to other people who share similar views as myself.  Heh heh.  Well, I will be posting more frequently now, as I have more time, so Likely, all y'all will be hearing from me in the near future.  Tah tah for now:

Gandalf Greybeard, the White and Gray, He Who Came Back From the Dead.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 07:36:03 pm by Gandalf the White »
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up