Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Ed" says "come on over"  (Read 3838 times)

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
"Ed" says "come on over"
« on: June 28, 2003, 10:32:21 am »

I officially endorse Wyoming and invite others to come on over and let freedom ring. Although I am not the Governor of this great state I personally guarantee that this is where we will have the greatest impact of all other states.   ;D

This is just meant to conteract the propoganda machine that is NH.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
Re:"Ed" says "come on over"
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2003, 12:23:01 pm »

Having a huge media outreach ability is needed in politics.... We all can't sit at home arguing Rand to each other. :D

I'm happy you are so impressed with our results, thank you. :)

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

StevenN

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2003, 08:14:04 pm »

Umm....I don't see how mentioning the meeting with the gov is "propaganda". It's clear that if the FSP goes to NH, the governor would be happy to have it there. I don't really see the "spin" to it.

Just because NH supporters are doing a great promoting doesn't make it "propaganda". I read Hank's alleged 'lies' in the 101 reasons. All seemed to revolve around "you can't prove X". So supporters are giving their honest opinions. Where's the propaganda in that.
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man" -- Jebediah Springfield

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 10:10:30 pm »

I just noticed this from Jim's .sig:

Opt outs: 0. Certified Glass Eater.

That's cute ;-)  

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 10:51:41 pm »

Having a huge media outreach ability is needed in politics.... We all can't sit at home arguing Rand to each other. :D

I'm happy you are so impressed with our results, thank you. :)

JM

I agree that it might be helpful.  Good thing for NH, ME, DE, and WY that they have it.  Although, I would not lower my rank for ID or MT just because there is more media in ME and WY.

So far, 2 governor's want us and two are against us.  WY and NH said they welcome us while MT and ID, said no thanks.
What about the other governors?

However, if the governor of Montana would have been contracted the the FSP and explained we explained how we were going to help him, he would likely support us.  That is what happened in NH.  The NHFSP people contacted the governor and explained how the FSP would be good for him and he said, sure, come on up.

In Wyoming, it does not matter all that much what the governor thinks.  In Wyoming, after 8 years, a governor is term limited out.  That is what happened to Wyoming's last governor.  Of course, in NH, they do not even have term limits for the state house or state senate.  If the people in NH do not fall in love with us, it will be very hard to do anything.  In Wyoming, they force people to leave office to make way for newcomers like us.

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 12:38:16 am »

Keith,

I know this is gonna be a huge 'ole shocker, but I am going to point out one additional advantage (though this has been pointed out before) to WY from a political standpoint.  Maybe you can emphasize this to the NH people...

In WY (correct me if I'm wrong) the legislature only meets for 1 month each year (do you happen to know off the top of your head which month?).  The pay is low, but for one month's worth of work, not too bad.  I don't know the NH schedule but it'll be much more difficult for non-independantly-wealthy people to swing working (and that's what it is) in the legislature for $100 a year, even if it's only a couple week a year commitment (and I don't think it is).  As it is, I could just about swing a month off each year at work without losing any money, and sit in the legislature in WY (that'd be a pay *raise* for me, v.s. a pay *cut* to live in higher cost NH).

Here's a related question, too.  Does the term limit law apply to the category of office, or the specific office?  For example, could a term limited legislator change districts and start all over again?  Just curious...

Nuff for now..

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 10:51:54 am »

I agree that it might be helpful.  Good thing for NH, ME, DE, and WY that they have it.  Although, I would not lower my rank for ID or MT just because there is more media in ME and WY.

It is not meant to suggest ID and MT should be brought down, only that it is a reason NH should be brought up.

So far, 2 governor's want us and two are against us.  WY and NH said they welcome us while MT and ID, said no thanks.

Last I heard WY Govs office said to go to Idaho.... If you have a link to something newer, I'd like to see it - It would be a great sign for the FSP...

In Wyoming, after 8 years, a governor is term limited out.  That is what happened to Wyoming's last governor.  Of course, in NH, they do not even have term limits

We have an easier system to keep career politicians out - We don't pay them enough to make it worth their while to try to keep getting elected. Besides, if the people want to keep someone in, they should be allowed to.... Are you saying you won't support a third term for Governor Sorens? ;)

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

freedomroad

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 12:16:18 am »

Last I heard WY Govs office said to go to Idaho.... If you have a link to something newer, I'd like to see it - It would be a great sign for the FSP...

James, you misread (it could happen to anyone).  The speaker for the Wyoming Gov said that he welcomed us to Wyoming.  Neither the ID nor MT Gov want us, though.  They said go to each other's state.  The Wyoming Gov wants us in Wyoming.  Please, stop saying this as it is wrong.  Thank you.

We have an easier system to keep career politicians out - We don't pay them enough to make it worth their while to try to keep getting elected. Besides, if the people want to keep someone in, they should be allowed to.... Are you saying you won't support a third term for Governor Sorens? ;)

They use the same method in Wyoming.  In Wyoming, the members of the house make around $3,500 per year and are then forced out.  The is double protection.  In NH, they are just payed little.  ID is bad in both way.

That is correct, James.  I would not support 3 back-to-back terms for Doctor Jason P Sorens or anyone else.  Political office is not a profession.  You get it, stay for awhile, and get out.  However, after he gave someone else a chance, I would support him if he ran again.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 12:18:04 am by FreedomRoad »

Michelle

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 08:02:29 am »

James, you misread (it could happen to anyone).  The speaker for the Wyoming Gov said that he welcomed us to Wyoming.  Neither the ID nor MT Gov want us, though.  They said go to each other's state.  The Wyoming Gov wants us in Wyoming.  Please, stop saying this as it is wrong.  Thank you.

I think you are referring to the Stateline article, right?  As far as I can tell, the WY governor said nothing, a spokesperson did. The statement was also not exactly welcoming, it just basically stated that we were free to move anywhere we wished. Here is the quote from the article:

A spokesperson for Wyoming Gov. Dave Freudenthal (D) said Free State members are free to move to Wyoming or any other state.

"They're welcome to participate in the state government, but of course they'll be subject to the same state and federal laws as everyone else," press secretary Lara Azar said.

Perhaps if you have reason to think this governor would actually welcome us with open arms the way NH Governor Benson has done (excuse me, "Craig" as he asked the visiting porcupines to call him), you could ask him for such a meeting.
Please join NHLA today! http://www.nhliberty.org With every new member we gain political weight to support liberty-friendly candidates and promote liberty throughout NH.
Support the Liberty Scholarship Fund. Please make a donation today! http://www.lsfund.org

ZionCurtain

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 10:41:52 am »

So Michelle, are you saying we would not be subjected to state and federal laws by Benson?

The Wyoming statement seemed ambivolent. What do you expect from a Democrat though.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 02:05:20 pm »

So Michelle, are you saying we would not be subjected to state and federal laws by Benson?

We said he's acting like a small l libertarian, and has welcomed an FSP delegation into his office, telling us "we'd love to have you". He's not an anarchist. :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2003, 02:05:42 pm by jgmaynard »

Pages: [1]   Go Up