Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tax Foundation: NH Worst in Nation for Corp Income Tax  (Read 8155 times)

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: Tax Foundation: NH Worst in Nation for Corp Income Tax
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 02:01:38 am »

I think both campaigns have special interest money from out of state... though I don't think money has a much sway with voters as media likes to present.

True, on both accounts.

HardyMacia

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a newfy!
    • Catamount Software
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 02:26:46 am »

Means testing would be cutting services... at least for a portion of the population.

The means testing would be to determine how much of the tuition you pay. If parent can afford to pay full price of tuition then they pay it. This doesn't cut services. This is also not a redistribution of wealth but a fee for service for those that can afford the govt service. Those that can't pay full price of govt education of their kids still get funding just as they do now but some of them will be paying some of the tuition directly.

Let's say 30% of school costs is paid directly by parents of kids and rest of school cost being paid how it is currently paid then you will have a 30% reduction in school property taxes for all property tax payers.

There might be other effects of making people who use the services pay for more of their use such as at town meeting they will be more leery about voting for a school budget increase just causer because now at least some of the, will have more at financial stake.

CNHT

• Lower Taxes, Less Government, More Freedom!
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 08:45:51 am »

Historically property tax owners have always covered the cost of public schools.

That would be fine IF parents and taxpayers had local control over the terrible things they do IN the schools..

And I can't even fathom 100 'new taxes'...

They are all enumerated in this file: http://www.cnht.org/pdf/Democrat4YearAssault.pdf

Some are called 'fees', and some are increases to existing taxes, but they all exist.

Nor is there an actual 'looming deficit'... its a budget variance.

Uh what? Josiah Bartlett Center, not exactly some wild right wing organization, has determined that after the creative budgeting fails, we will face between a $600-$800 deficit depending on revenues.

The JUA funds never got moved... the attempt was found unconstitutional (Stephen had his own run-in with the constitution).
I think both campaigns have special interest money from out of state... though I don't think money has a much sway with voters as media likes to present.

But Lynch is still trying to do it even after the ruling!!!

Local voters to town meeting... I'm afraid she is correct.

Who is 'she'?

CNHT is correct on all of the above. Shame on anyone who votes for Lynch again.

CNHT

• Lower Taxes, Less Government, More Freedom!
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:19 am »

True, on both accounts.

The problem is, massive amounts of special interest money that gets an official like Lynch to flip flop on his vote is troublesome because it doesn't represent what he has told the people in his own state.

Everyone seems to be raising money from the whole country -- I got no less than 5 mailings from Sharron Angle!

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 09:04:50 am »

True, on both accounts.

The problem is, massive amounts of special interest money that gets an official like Lynch to flip flop on his vote is troublesome because it doesn't represent what he has told the people in his own state.

Sooo, you want a governor with a spine?

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 01:49:20 pm »

No. Stephen doesn't have a spine... just doesn't believe in the NH Constitution.

Local control is not historical. In fact, its a fallacy.

Increases to existing taxes are not 'new taxes'... and fees are user fees paid by the individual that benefits; a positive thing.

Actually it was Charlie Arlinghaus at $500 million. I pointed to the other $100 million of unfunded pension making it $600 million.
$900 million was thrown out by the Stephen Campaign, and then redress to $800 million.
But in reality, there is no budget for the next biennium until the Governor proposes one... and the Legislature actually enacts one.
So its a budget variance. It only becomes a budget deficit once the fiscal year has closed.

The current problem with the JUA funds is that the court ruling opened the door to taxation by the federal government.

I used 'she', because in the past Jane would use the moniker. Sorry, my presumption was that you were her.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 02:09:01 pm by John Edward Mercier »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up