Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1566 times)

waifofthenorth

• Wandering Waif of the North
Greetings!
« on: October 22, 2010, 12:40:53 am »

Hello!
I'm new here, but since I represented the free state project at the table at libertopia last weekend, I figured I should introduce myself, and since my husband (who has promised to reply to this if no one else does) and I are moving to New Hampshire in the spring, I thought it would be nice to meet some people, so I have something to look forward to (beside snow, clean air and SHOPPING WITH NO SALES TAX!!!!).

We've already told our jobs were quitting, and we're going to be travelling for a bit and then looking for jobs in the Spring when we get there, so feel free to sway me towards your beautiful city/town if you like. Bonus points if it has the best chocolate in the world:  (www.burdickchocolate.com) and/or a job that will hire me. I've been looking for options, and I'm suddenly glad I work in Supply Chain, because I've found places I could probably work all over.

About me:

Politics: I'm Canadian and I still think this explains a lot. I'm have this nagging itch in the back of my mind to steal your money and pay for poor people to go to the doctor, but I realize this is wrong now. I'm also a semi-pacifist semi-vegetarian. Basically, I would like the government to stop taking my money and using it for things I find morally objectionable (like wasting it) and leave me and everyone else alone. I almost got a sharpie and added "non-violently" to the bottom of my fsp t-shirt, but I understand the concept of least upper bounds, so I restrained myself.

Fun Stuff: I like video games and music and baseball (except I'm a Red Sox/Dodgers Fan and my favourite player was Mike Lowell, so right now baseball kind of stinks--Go Phillies/Rangers!). My life has been rather devoid of hobbies lately since I commute 1.5 hours to work. :-p

Um, my husband just told me that people don't usually write this much as an intro....so, um, hi!

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 01:06:18 am »

Hey, good to hear from you guys.  Were I in your position, I would probably get established at a porcmanor as soon as possible and just get some resumes in.  I live in Seabrook, which is a great shopping area, right on the border with Mass.  There are normally plenty of service sector jobs on the coast during those busy summer months, but in this case, we have the uber-busy holiday season coming up.  Just in the Shaw's parking lot, there are five or six places hiring, and someone could land two jobs if they wanted.

I can think of several other places within walking distance of my place that are hiring right now, and two of my housemates managed to land jobs within about one day of looking.  I think that they're both going for a second, part time job, though, so we'll see.

Anyway, check out 101 Reasons to move to Seabrook

I think that we're up to 160...
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 06:46:46 am »

Hey!

thanks for working the booth for us.

Welcome to NH..
Move where you love!
(and move to a place closer to your job so you don't have as long a commute.)

waifofthenorth

• Wandering Waif of the North
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 09:32:54 am »

I figure there's probably not many ways I could live and work in NH and commute an hour and a half. Maybe live in the north and work in the south? I promise myself I will not work in Boston...unless I get desperate.

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 01:40:52 pm »

Welcome!
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up