Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pledge and Anthem at Liberty Forum??????  (Read 59716 times)

PJM

• choosing to live
Re: Pledge and Anthem at Liberty Forum??????
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2010, 03:03:33 pm »

Instead, someone new can read "Really, who cares if a few people stole food or made some noise at night or slept in the lobby or entered a session without paying?", and wonder about what sort of folks are moving to NH.  We're not all like that, _really_, new people.
[/quote]

That's good to hear. I for one don't want to participate with people that justify or dismiss unethical behavior no matter how small it is. Mass murderers didn't wake up one day and decide to go out and kill a bunch of people. It's a series of small steps that lead to such behavior and then we ask "how did we get here?" It can be traced back to the smallest destructive act.
 It can be an unpopular stance that you take to here to bring these behaviors to light and it takes strength of character. Thank you for your courage.

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2010, 09:11:16 am »

So was the bounty ever claimed?
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2010, 10:10:41 pm »

Of course it wasn't... it was a bogus bounty, because nobody was going to step forward and admit they did it, the social cost would be too great, and nobody would step forward and admit they witnessed it and did nothing, the social cost would be too great... and only made worse by the offer of money, since you'd be admitting you either stole or witnessed stealing for what, a few dollars, at the cost of being outed for either offense?

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2010, 10:49:22 pm »

Of course it wasn't... it was a bogus bounty, because nobody was going to step forward and admit they did it, the social cost would be too great, and nobody would step forward and admit they witnessed it and did nothing, the social cost would be too great... and only made worse by the offer of money, since you'd be admitting you either stole or witnessed stealing for what, a few dollars, at the cost of being outed for either offense?

What if we know of some people who admitted to doing it? What was the point of this again?

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2010, 11:31:26 am »

I think it was Seth who did it, just to stir up some shit about people he doesn't like.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up