Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Any New Information on the Baby Taken by Government Storm Troopers ???  (Read 15155 times)

RickyRodriguez

• Peace and Sugar
    • Republic of Miami

Is there anything new on the Baby taken by the NH CPS?
Is the Free State Project going to do anything?

BigJoe

Re: Any New Information on the Baby Taken by Government Storm Troopers ???
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 12:38:56 pm »

the FSP doesn't do anything other than try and get liberty minded people to move to NH

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:41:25 pm »

What would you suggest? The child was 'born free and independent', with the State responsible for protection of its rights.
Unless the child can act for itself, the State will act for it...

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 03:18:04 am »

the FSP doesn't do anything other than try and get liberty minded people to move to NH

Well I hope the current Free States in the state already do all they can to help make this heard and do what they can to help this family! This is ridiculous, I am surprised that they didn't say he was also a free stater also
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 06:17:36 am »

This is ridiculous--

--Do you know why the child was taken?

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 07:20:30 am »

Not because of any of the reasons being thrown about.

gnostic23-7

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 11:16:34 am »

If you free-staters don't intend to do anything about this fascist over-reach (seizing a child from a mothers arms partly for the political beliefs of the parents), in your OWN STATE, how can you be depended on to fight when needed? I didn't want to join a club of abstractionists and endless discussers-- I want to ally with persons of action. If not now, then when? I'm dropping out of your little group unless you take a stand here---- you guys either have balls, or you don't.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 12:23:03 pm »

Child wasn't seized for political beliefs... if it were than a lawsuit would immediately have been filed.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 04:47:20 pm »

Not because of any of the reasons being thrown about.

Pretty much.

If you free-staters don't intend to do anything about this fascist over-reach... you guys either have balls, or you don't.

Heh. No one really knows why the child was taken yet. Do you think those having hissy fits would change their minds if one of the parents were physically or sexually abusive?

creaganlios

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »

If you free-staters don't intend to do anything about this fascist over-reach (seizing a child from a mothers arms partly for the political beliefs of the parents), in your OWN STATE, how can you be depended on to fight when needed? I didn't want to join a club of abstractionists and endless discussers-- I want to ally with persons of action. If not now, then when? I'm dropping out of your little group unless you take a stand here---- you guys either have balls, or you don't.

A little education and correction is in order.

(1) The purpose of the FSP is to get liberty-minded people to move to NH.  Period.  After people move, they are welcome (and encouraged) to join whatever organizations they feel most comfortable in to advance the cause of human freedom. If you are looking for an organization to take action in this case, you should find just such an advocacy or action-oriented organization and join them.  Or form your own.

(2) The child was not taken because of political beliefs.  There is a history of multiple abuse and neglect findings.  A full picture is necessary before springing into regrettable action.

(3) Only the political beliefes of Mr. Ireland were mentioned.  I should point out that legally, Mr. Ireland is not the parent of the child; the child's mother is married to another man, who, legally, is the child's father until such time as other paternity is established.

(4) It is curious to me that you would use your first post to threaten to leave. I assure you that the impact on the FSP will be minimal, as will your impact on the situation in Concord.  However, if you feel that is your most useful course of action, by all means, embrace it.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 05:31:39 pm »

There is a history of multiple abuse and neglect findings.

What's your source, Thom? Those aren't grounds for taking custody of a newborn child in New Hampshire. ... unless they immediately starting abusing the baby.

(4) It is curious to me that you would use your first post to threaten to leave.

I got a good chuckle from that.

rabbit20

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 05:36:49 pm »

(1) The purpose of the FSP is to get liberty-minded people to move to NH.  Period.  After people move, they are welcome (and encouraged) to join whatever organizations they feel most comfortable in to advance the cause of human freedom. If you are looking for an organization to take action in this case, you should find just such an advocacy or action-oriented organization and join them.  Or form your own.

Well not the Free State project itself but people who are apart of the free state project should organize and do something to help this family

(2) The child was not taken because of political beliefs.  There is a history of multiple abuse and neglect findings.  A full picture is necessary before springing into regrettable action.

Yes a whole picture is needed here, but after listening to what this couple has gone through already there were already being targeted by cps. They police tried to charge Mr Irish for having a concealed firearm when it was his wifes firearm in her laptop bag when he had to get dental work done.  When they got home the police were waiting for them in his driver way to charge him for the concealed weapon...that seems a little suspicious to me.

(3) Only the political beliefs of Mr. Ireland were mentioned.  I should point out that legally, Mr. Ireland is not the parent of the child; the child's mother is married to another man, who, legally, is the child's father until such time as other paternity is established.

This is what is wrong with this country. We are looking at what is "legal" and not what is right. Mr Irish is the Father of this child, it was he who created the baby with his fiancĂ©, just because some douche bag of an X husband does not want to sign the divorce papers doesn't make him the father. Stephanie and her lawyer have tried to get him to sign but they wont. She has done what she needs to, to establish they are no longer together.  
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 05:38:49 pm by rabbit20 »
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
  --  Thomas Jefferson
http://pledgebank.com/Next1000
http://nhliberty.org
http://cafepress.com/ridleyreport
http://www.oathkeepers.org

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 08:03:29 pm »

First, without a paternity test... Mr. Irish can't be, in all honesty, the known father.
Secondly, the Legislature has broad powers under Part Second Article Five. No one has shown, that they (or those they empowered) have acted beyond the scope of that authority.

Antijingoist

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 11:00:57 pm »

There is no valid reason for the government to take ownership of any any child. Further, the term neglect is very vague, and like 'contempt' or 'disorderly conduct' can mean almost anything. Also, burden of proof falls on the government officials, NOT the parents. It does not make sense to immediately give the government the benefit of the doubt in a system where you are supposedly innocent until proven guilty. In this case, judgement was passed before any hearing of any facts was given.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up