Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best place for wannabe political activist & outdoorsie type in new hampshire?  (Read 5010 times)

TelecomGirl

Re: Best place for wannabe political activist & outdoorsie type in new hampshire?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 06:32:04 pm »

Any city smaller than Manchester, which pretty much means anywhere. When the folks in Manchester wanna go swimming, they go to Concord, the second largest city in NH.

Concord is the 3rd largest city in the Shire. 

Manchester at ~109,000 is the largest, next is Nashua at ~87,000, then Concord at ~40,000

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
Re: Best place for wannabe political activist & outdoorsie type in new hampshire?
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »

B.D. Ross swore an oath to... well... the effect of which is to not...

encourage any lawbreaking activities.

I swore no such oath.

The laws here are wrong. Good people disobey bad laws.

+Support the constitutions.
+Don't lie.
+Don't bring frivolous lawsuits.
+Keep my client's secrets secret.
+Try to help those who can't help themselves.
+In any case, do the best I can under the case's circumstances.

Nothing in there that says obey a terribly bad law. He is not my client. I'm not going to tell him what he can, can't, should, or shouldn't do. I don't need that kind of liability...

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »

and I've got a bone to pick with you.

Are you listening? are you listening? OK?

Onions shouldn't be cylindrical
Sauces should have pronouncable names
You're supposed to drive on the RIGHT side of the road
Beer isn't supposed to be dark. If you want to drink something brown, drink hot chocolate
There's no reason to hunt a fox. Foxes aren't tasty

Got it?
I'm not sure about the onion issue.  But beer SHOULD be dark.  Driving on the RIGHT increases the odds your passenger and NOT YOU will die in a head on while you are swerving away from it. I dont see a problem hunting foxes as they are intelligent and make a god quarry. However using dogs to don the hunting instead of you tracking them alone is kid of lame.  Its is basicall  one damn dog hunting another in this case. If you have a problem with the brits it should be about getting thier standards of dental care to be higher. Without the brits we dont have many friends left.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 07:04:48 pm »

Why would driving on the Right increase the odds for the passenger? Wouldn't you instinctively swerve to the right, thus impacting the driver's side of the front end?

garthwaited

• Administrator
  • First 1000
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 07:41:01 pm »

Anywhere within 15 minutes of I-93.  Of course that's probably 80% of the population...

The reason is simple.  The Whites and the Gold Dome are off I-93.  Rumney is the rock climbing Disney Land of the east coast and it is 40 minutes from Concord.  The whites and the notches are 1 to 1.5 hours - and it is a pretty drive.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up