Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti-FSP haters  (Read 13469 times)

BigJoe

Re: Anti-FSP haters
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 02:50:00 pm »

The problem is pinning down a fiscal conservative. To reduce the deficits, either taxes must be raised... or expenditures cut.
No one wishes their taxes raised, nor expenditures to their advantage cut.

you can't really reduce the deficit by raising taxes though.  That will just make everyone poorer.  And increasing the rate of taxes doesn't guarantee that the government will increase how much 'revenue' comes in.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2010, 01:48:41 am »

See what Curt did right there.

Like Walter, he took a personal dissatisfaction and generalized it to tag others.

Yep. I do, in fact, group all mindless statists into one big group which I call "mindless statists".
that made me laugh
another thing I find funny is watching someone debate a person I have on ignore ..... it is such a one-sided battle :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

creaganlios

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2010, 07:13:53 am »

The problem with the Tea Party is that it is an "Anti" group: they appear to be bound together by what they oppose, not by what they favor.  That makes for passion for 'throwing the bum out," but it doesn't necessarily translate in a unified program for what to replace the bum with....

FreedomFred

• Freedom Fred's Exposition on Freedom
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 10:47:05 am »

The problem with the Tea Party is that it is an "Anti" group: they appear to be bound together by what they oppose, not by what they favor.  That makes for passion for 'throwing the bum out," but it doesn't necessarily translate in a unified program for what to replace the bum with....

And therein lies the problem. Rebels without a Clue.
http://freedomfred.com
Freedom is NOT optional!

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 10:50:24 am »

See what Curt did right there.

Like Walter, he took a personal dissatisfaction and generalized it to tag others.

Yep. I do, in fact, group all mindless statists into one big group which I call "mindless statists".
that made me laugh
another thing I find funny is watching someone debate a person I have on ignore ..... it is such a one-sided battle :)
I don't mind being ignored. But Curt grouped all children educated in public schools. A choice that they did not make.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 10:55:49 am »

The problem is pinning down a fiscal conservative. To reduce the deficits, either taxes must be raised... or expenditures cut.
No one wishes their taxes raised, nor expenditures to their advantage cut.

you can't really reduce the deficit by raising taxes though.  That will just make everyone poorer.  And increasing the rate of taxes doesn't guarantee that the government will increase how much 'revenue' comes in.
Then you need to cut programs... and they have not determined what of their own subsidization they are willing to go without. Its always easy to determine what the 'other guy' should go without.

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »

I don't mind being ignored. But Curt grouped all children educated in public schools. A choice that they did not make.

If you go back and read the post to which you are disagreeing, you will see the following:

See the depth of the indoctrination government schools and main-stream media have been able to accomplish?

So I actually grouped everyone that goes to public schools, and everyone who watches mainstream media, into a huge pool and said, "See the depth of the indoctrination {they} have been able to accomplish?"

Do you care to disagree with this statement? Do you believe that government schools and mainstream media have not been effective at indoctrination?

Do you have anything to add to the discussion other than to point out the fact that I grouped "public school students" into a group called "public school students"?
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 01:04:14 am »

Indoctrination into what? A wide range of views.

FreeStyle

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 12:53:24 pm »

[/quote

not to mention their leader thinks its okay to "hang fruits"

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 11:35:58 pm »

I'm a Free Stater.

I supported two Democrats today.

Shucks!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up