Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oooh, scary stealth candidates!  (Read 9106 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Oooh, scary stealth candidates!
« on: September 08, 2010, 06:15:25 pm »

http://sentinelsource.com/articles/2010/09/07/opinion/letters_editor/free/id_411361.txt

Are you S C A R E D yet? The big bad Not Real Democrats are coming for you!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

creaganlios

Re: Oooh, scary stealth candidates!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:53:07 pm »

Here I Come...aren't you terrified?!   ::)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:17:11 am »

Jason the Free Staters are also 'taking over' Merrimack County:

(LINK NOT WORKING... will try later)

posted in Concord Monitor Sept 8th.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator

FreeStyle

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 08:38:03 am »

I'm actually pretty angry about the things they said about Thom.  Even if they wanted to play the boogeyman card against Andrew Carroll since he dared hold a piece of marijuana in his hand, what are they coming after him for?  For being a former republican?

I'm a former republican.  Now I'm an anarchist.  Aren't people allowed to change their minds?  If not, I expect to see Cynthia in bellbottoms and an afro hairstyle next time I see her.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 09:50:17 am »

http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/215511/candidate-seeks-return-to-table

Yeah, I saw that too. Bizarre. Presumably a ham-handed attempt to appeal to what the candidate thinks are the voters' sympathies. Among Republican primary voters, I can't see that it really does help him!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

creaganlios

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 09:55:00 am »

I'm actually pretty angry about the things they said about Thom.  Even if they wanted to play the boogeyman card against Andrew Carroll since he dared hold a piece of marijuana in his hand, what are they coming after him for?  For being a former republican?

I'm a former republican.  Now I'm an anarchist.  Aren't people allowed to change their minds?  If not, I expect to see Cynthia in bellbottoms and an afro hairstyle next time I see her.

They are apparently unaware that theCheshire County Democratic candidate for Sheriff is also a former Republican.

WendellBerry

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:40 am »

They are apparently unaware that the Cheshire County Democratic candidate for Sheriff is also a former Republican.

Yeah, but the Concord Monitor article is about a Republican who wants to keep FSP members from winning seats on the county commission.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 11:26:12 am »

Watch the establishment cringe.  How will they react when we land so many near misses--and hits--on Tuesday.  I'm sure they're wasting their PAC money on polling right now.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

creaganlios

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 12:34:34 pm »

Watch the establishment cringe.  How will they react when we land so many near misses--and hits--on Tuesday.  I'm sure they're wasting their PAC money on polling right now.

What's the quote? 

First they ignore you, then they fear you, then they accept you...

BigJoe

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 12:37:47 pm »

What's the quote? 

First they ignore you, then they fear you, then they accept you...

I think you left out the fighting stage

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 03:02:42 pm »

They are apparently unaware that the Cheshire County Democratic candidate for Sheriff is also a former Republican.

Yeah, but the Concord Monitor article is about a Republican who wants to keep FSP members from winning seats on the county commission.
and that RINO is confused about his opponent who is also a GOPer

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 11:13:39 pm »

They are apparently unaware that theCheshire County Democratic candidate for Sheriff is also a former Republican.

It's OK.  He works for the state, so he gets a pass.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 11:15:34 pm »

Jason the Free Staters are also 'taking over' Merrimack County:

(LINK NOT WORKING... will try later)

posted in Concord Monitor Sept 8th.

More evidence the establishment will do anything possible to shut down any challenge.  Whether you do civil disobedience or don a suit and tie and play politics, you are a threat to their precious system.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 12:26:41 am »

Thom hasn't actually changed any positions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up