Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to beat the Body Scanners at Logan without a pat-down!  (Read 22951 times)

time4liberty

Re: How to beat the Body Scanners at Logan without a pat-down!
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2010, 11:37:57 am »

nobody's outright defending it. I'm just annoyed at how much of a whiny little bitch you emo nerds can be over what is tiny on the scale of currently and recently happened government intrusions.

Calm down. Sit down. Try to calm down. Stop rocking back and forth, flapping your hands and going "REEEEEE!!!!!" Alright, ya re-re? It's some damned security checkpoints, it's not the end of the world.
Instead of garbling up a forced anger for every little thing that doesn't happen to perfectly fit in to your personal conception of freedom, which isn't really necessarily freedom based on what I've seen from a lot of libertarians, but more a weird, supposed "logical consistency" and blind following of "principles" - try calming the fuck down, and thinking about issues in terms of context. Yeah, context, ever heard of it? Look at history, what's politically doable, how most people actually view the issue, etc.   It's called CONTEXT.

I don't want the government taking nude pictures of me and my family. I'm not flapping my hands and squealing. You can stop constructing farcical straw men in your head now.

I know this is a shocker, but the liberty issues most important to you may not be the ones most important to everyone. The fact that someone else doesn't precisely share your list of key issues doesn't mean they're a "whiny little bitch emo nerd".
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:40:40 am by time4liberty »

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2010, 12:01:50 pm »

Also, you don't always have much of a choice regarding the mode of travel. If you need to get somewhere in hours instead of days or weeks, flying is your only option. If you need to get to, say, Australia, your two "choices" are plane and boat. I don't know of any boats that will take you from here to Australia directly; maybe you can hop a series of cruise ships to get there, but that would take forever.

This is absolute key to the issue, your desire to get there sooner does not override another's rights.

And other stories of TSA agents in the US selling or placing the naked images online.

The sue the TSA agents and/or the TSA. If we continue the logic of x uses y thus y must be bad then there would be cause to ban everything that conceivably could offend people we end up where we are now.

As I said, the people who do jobs like this are typically not the brightest crayons in the box; nor do they win high on the scruples category. These are  questionables doing stuff with your nude images, let alone what officially goes on with the images they aren't telling us about. Or what could happen to them in the future.   Once the cat's out of the bag, the cat's out of the bag.

Then deal with the bad people not the tools they use.

I truly don't understand why we are even having this argument. If you really don't care about being scanned, why are you hear beating up those of us that do?

It is a waste of time. Beyond if it is an issue or not you are discussing federal level codes, you don't have a hope in hell of changing them and the states do not currently have a legal right to override them. Aviation is the purview of the federal government. Wasting time is an issue, people expending energy and resources both distracts other people and slows down the progress towards liberty. It doesn't matter which executive or legislative body in NH declares "no scanners" they currently have no authority to prevent it.

I would love to get government out of aviation but as one of the (if not the single) most regulated industries it is going to be a long time until it happens. Until you even begin to deal with this state sovereignty needs to be both resurrected and redefined (aviation is clearly within the scope of the commerce clause even under a strict constitutional reading).

I know the government has plans and intent to plant moles everywhere in their attempts to try to "shape" our opinions and to spy on us. I sometimes wonder if some of those that attack us for being concerned aren't these very moles I am suspicious of.

That would be insane paranoia.

But it doesn't matter, really. The moles, if any, changes nothing. Nobody on this planet will ever convince me it's OK to allow the government to render naked myself or my kids or others I care about, especially when there is no real gain from it anyway. The old metal detectors works just fine, and they have been for nearly a decade since 9/11.  The only ones to benefit from the Body Scanners are those corporations that are selling these devices to the government.

Actually they don't. Weapons can be made from plastic, or other non-metallic materials, which get through them without detection.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if many of these so-called "failed terrorist attempts" were the works of these corporations to help boost urgency -- and $$$$ for themselves. So many "failed" attempts. Too many "failed" attempts. Raises my eyebrows. Something smells rotten somewhere. I'm not buying it.

Its the corporations man, they OWN US.

FreedomFred

• Freedom Fred's Exposition on Freedom
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2010, 02:36:31 pm »

Also, you don't always have much of a choice regarding the mode of travel. If you need to get somewhere in hours instead of days or weeks, flying is your only option. If you need to get to, say, Australia, your two "choices" are plane and boat. I don't know of any boats that will take you from here to Australia directly; maybe you can hop a series of cruise ships to get there, but that would take forever.

This is absolute key to the issue, your desire to get there sooner does not override another's rights.

You'll have to explain how my desire to get to a place quickly impacts anyone else's rights in any way.

And other stories of TSA agents in the US selling or placing the naked images online.

The sue the TSA agents and/or the TSA. If we continue the logic of x uses y thus y must be bad then there would be cause to ban everything that conceivably could offend people we end up where we are now.

Or, we can get rid of silly nonsensical practices that lead to harassment of those of us that's a little different or unusual. We can get rid of the low-quality workers and save a lot of money to boot.

I truly don't understand why we are even having this argument. If you really don't care about being scanned, why are you hear beating up those of us that do?

It is a waste of time. Beyond if it is an issue or not you are discussing federal level codes, you don't have a hope in hell of changing them and the states do not currently have a legal right to override them.

Not true. The Municipal Airport is *STATE RUN*, not Federal. New Hampshire can and should stand up to these feds on this issue, as it has done on many other issues in the past -- and won.

What side are you on, anyway? I'm all for taking the "Devil's Advocate" stance when it's for a constructive reason. But are you really looking for a constructive debate?

Aviation is the purview of the federal government. Wasting time is an issue, people expending energy and resources both distracts other people and slows down the progress towards liberty. It doesn't matter which executive or legislative body in NH declares "no scanners" they currently have no authority to prevent it.

It doesn't matter. We are not talking aviation here. This is not an issue of aviation at all. And the "safety" argument falls flat for all the reasons I've already stated.

I would love to get government out of aviation but as one of the (if not the single) most regulated industries it is going to be a long time until it happens. Until you even begin to deal with this state sovereignty needs to be both resurrected and redefined (aviation is clearly within the scope of the commerce clause even under a strict constitutional reading).

If you really want to get the government out of aviation, you are NOT going to do it by finding reasons to justify a fatalistic attitude.

And We the Individuals of this State define "State Sovereignty" And this is getting way off the mark here, anyway. The issue at hand is UNREASONABLE SEARCH AND SEIZURE OF OUR PERSONS, which is unconstitutional. Let's start from there.

I know the government has plans and intent to plant moles everywhere in their attempts to try to "shape" our opinions and to spy on us. I sometimes wonder if some of those that attack us for being concerned aren't these very moles I am suspicious of.

That would be insane paranoia.

Think so? Have you been paying attention?
http://redactednews.blogspot.com/2010/08/cognitive-infiltration-obama-appointees.html

But it doesn't matter, really. The moles, if any, changes nothing. Nobody on this planet will ever convince me it's OK to allow the government to render naked myself or my kids or others I care about, especially when there is no real gain from it anyway. The old metal detectors works just fine, and they have been for nearly a decade since 9/11.  The only ones to benefit from the Body Scanners are those corporations that are selling these devices to the government.

Actually they don't. Weapons can be made from plastic, or other non-metallic materials, which get through them without detection.

And just how often has this happened? Where's your stats? Citations, please.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if many of these so-called "failed terrorist attempts" were the works of these corporations to help boost urgency -- and $$$$ for themselves. So many "failed" attempts. Too many "failed" attempts. Raises my eyebrows. Something smells rotten somewhere. I'm not buying it.

Its the corporations man, they OWN US.

Ah. There may be hope for you yet!!!!
http://freedomfred.com
Freedom is NOT optional!

Ed

« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2010, 02:45:48 pm »

anybody can be for freedom if they think the kahsheestees are out to get them
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up