Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming for first visit Sept 1-12, suggestions welcome  (Read 5231 times)

BearsMom

Coming for first visit Sept 1-12, suggestions welcome
« on: August 02, 2010, 09:14:51 am »

We're planning to drive up with our 20 ft travel trailer, arriving Aug 31st and leaving Sept 12th.  Will probably stay in the Keene area and drive over to Seaside, looking at towns all the way.  Aiming to move next year.  We'll be looking at houses and land, though probably won't buy until next year.  Don't need to find jobs.  Any suggestions on how best to choose an area or events where we can meet FSPers are welcome.  Our interests include patriot political groups, martial arts, ballroom dancing and golf.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
Re: Coming for first visit Sept 1-12, suggestions welcome
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:25:43 am »

I suggest visiting the coast on a Wednesday and then meeting some Seacoast Liberty folks that night at their weekly mixer:  7:30 - 10:00 p.m. at LaFesta, 300 Central Ave. in Dover.
There's a similar social gathering of liberty folks every Wednesday evening in Manchester at Murphy's Taproom from 6-10 p.m.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:56:49 pm »

what kinds of things are important to you?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 10:04:22 pm »

And are we talking the Chicago Bears?
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

BearsMom

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:13:24 am »

Thanks for the meeting times.  Not the Chicago Bears  - Bear is my dog. 

What we care most about politically are efforts to return to Constitutional government and efforts to awaken and educate fellow citizens who may not yet be aware of our country's history.  Currently we are members of Independence Caucus, and I edit a newsletter for a state-wide communications network of patriot groups (TEA Parties, 9-12 groups and others).  We've been on steering committees, held meetings in our home, and I am giving presentations on medical preparedness. 

We also care about living closer to our daughter who has chosen upstate NY as her home (she suggested NH for us knowing we'd be happier in a more conservative area, then I found the FSP on my internet search).

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:28:17 am »

Actually the Manchester get together is on Tuesday evening.  Please let us know
if you plan to visit the Seacoast Region, so we can be sure to have a good turnout.
All of NH is beautiful, and unique.  I would suggest you see as much of the state
as possible.  I really think it comes down to the area that best works for you folks.

Dave
davemincin@hotmail.com
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

BearsMom

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 08:48:29 pm »

Does anyone know if there is still a meeting at Murphy's Tavern in Manchester on Tuesdays at 6:10 pm?
Sharon

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 11:10:50 pm »

Does anyone know if there is still a meeting at Murphy's Tavern in Manchester on Tuesdays at 6:10 pm?
Sharon

Hi Sharon - You can count on Taproom Tuesday to be on every week, unless some remarkable circumstance intervenes. It's been going for years now. :)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 01:44:34 am »

I'd be sure to check out Manchester (which has Taproom Tuesday at Murphy's Taproom), La Festa's in Dover every Wednesday, and Portsmouth Sunday nights.  I would definitely do the drive down Ocean Blvd. when the weather is nice, and check out Seabrook on the south end.  We have a ton of constitutionalists and liberty folks down on this end, and there are many of us who are politically active.

Grafton is also collecting quite a crowd.  There is a mix of political and apolitical people in Grafton and Manchester, both of which have tons of activists.  The northern seacoast is also beautiful, though the taxes and cost of living are higher than the south side.

I think that the best thing to do is just to go onto porcmanor.com and find a house for a few months, then check out the state.  There are lots of subjective things to look at.  Some people don't mind extreme, snowy winters, while others prefer the milder winters on the seacoast.  Some folks need some kind of high paying job in their field, while others prefer to live off the grid.  Some focus on state politics, some local, and some don't even vote.  I love Seabrook because I like the people (and don't like fluoride being added to my water).  You might want more than one or two acres in your backyard.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Ben74

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »

I'd be sure to check out Manchester (which has Taproom Tuesday at Murphy's Taproom), La Festa's in Dover every Wednesday, and Portsmouth Sunday nights.  I would definitely do the drive down Ocean Blvd. when the weather is nice, and check out Seabrook on the south end.  We have a ton of constitutionalists and liberty folks down on this end, and there are many of us who are politically active.

Grafton is also collecting quite a crowd.  There is a mix of political and apolitical people in Grafton and Manchester, both of which have tons of activists.  The northern seacoast is also beautiful, though the taxes and cost of living are higher than the south side.

I think that the best thing to do is just to go onto porcmanor.com and find a house for a few months, then check out the state.  There are lots of subjective things to look at.  Some people don't mind extreme, snowy winters, while others prefer the milder winters on the seacoast.  Some folks need some kind of high paying job in their field, while others prefer to live off the grid.  Some focus on state politics, some local, and some don't even vote.  I love Seabrook because I like the people (and don't like fluoride being added to my water).  You might want more than one or two acres in your backyard.

Hello, I'm visiting from the UK next month, I have the Dover event on Wednesday and Manchester event on Tuesday scribbled down now, plus time and location (thanks to someone in this thread earlier.)

Could I get the details of the Portsmouth event on Sundays? Was likely to check out Portsmouth anyways, and what other events go on frequently around the coastal regions?

Thanks.  :)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 12:21:43 am »

I believe that that one is just a trivia night event.  Maybe a regular can chime in and mention that one. 

We also have a sparsely populated southern seacoast meetup every Saturday from 2-3pm at The Butcher Shop & Fish Market (better known as Chad's).  The Fish Market is a good enough place to go to just because they have so many $2.99 deals (salmon sandwich, cheeseburger, beef brisket, swordfish, all with fries) that it would be worthwhile to go even if there were no one there.  That one is in Hampton Falls, 97 Lafayette Road, just a few feet north of Gov. Weare Park.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Ben74

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 07:24:54 am »

I believe that that one is just a trivia night event.  Maybe a regular can chime in and mention that one. 

We also have a sparsely populated southern seacoast meetup every Saturday from 2-3pm at The Butcher Shop & Fish Market (better known as Chad's).  The Fish Market is a good enough place to go to just because they have so many $2.99 deals (salmon sandwich, cheeseburger, beef brisket, swordfish, all with fries) that it would be worthwhile to go even if there were no one there.  That one is in Hampton Falls, 97 Lafayette Road, just a few feet north of Gov. Weare Park.

Sorry, what town/city is that in? Are these events quite large - would it be worth travelling to especially?

pittsfieldmom

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 07:05:58 am »

There is a weekly pub quiz event held at The Coat of Arms every Sunday night from 8 - 10pm.  Some free staters regularly attend (about 6 or so) You'll meet some great people (I met up with them at pub quiz a year ago when searching out the areas to live) along with having a fun night winning or losing at pub quiz.  It gets pretty crowded sometimes so you'll want to show up no later than 7:30pm.  Let us know if you can make it one of the Sunday's.

pittsfieldmom

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 07:10:32 am »

Also, for any of you visiting the Portsmouth area (It is a fabulous city) let us know and we will get some people together over pizza and answer any questions you may have.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 12:01:46 pm »

Sharon and Bill, it was nice meeting you at Murphy's on Tuesday.  There was an excellent crowd there; another 10 or so showed up after you left.  Evidently,liberty is popular.

There are a few social events this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday.  Give me a call for more details.
Mark
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: [1]   Go Up