Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Authors, wanna-be writers, book lovers  (Read 836 times)

MattLeft

• FSP Participant
    • NHNovella.com
Authors, wanna-be writers, book lovers
« on: July 28, 2010, 06:38:53 pm »

Greetings,

I’m planning to start an online publication of fiction written by the Porcupine community.  I know there are a lot of book lovers among us, and I’m guessing there are a lot of us who’ve tried their hands at writing, maybe have a few chapters or an interesting story outline tucked away on their hard drives.  Personally, I dig sci-fi and fantasy, but Porcs are an eclectic group so I’m hoping to get all kinds of genres.  And anything written with a liberty theme would be very welcome, but not essential.

I’d like to get submissions from anyone who’d like their work presented.  They can be short stories, chapters of a developing novel, novellas, whatever.  Ideally, if I get enough submissions, I’d like to set up a website and do a monthly publication with five to ten stories.  Maybe have a comments section for readers to voice appreciation & offer constructive criticism.

Any submissions should include what name the author would like to be identified by.  So if you want to do the pen-name/anonymity thing, that’s fine.

As far as copywrite and intellectual property issues, I’m going to have to offer a big confused shrug.  I don’t know enough about it.  If you’re worried about such things, take whatever steps you feel necessary to protect your work before submitting it.  I may drum up some statement or disclaimer mentioning things like “non-exclusive” use, and such.  I’ll see how this goes first.

In addition to story submissions, I welcome any advice, ideas, or volunteers of the web-site design type.

SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:    NHNOVellA@gmail.com

Thanks all,
Matthew F. Leftwich

MattLeft

• FSP Participant
    • NHNovella.com
Re: Authors, wanna-be writers, book lovers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »

Big thanks to the folks who've already sent me material. Decent number of submissions after only one day. I'm writing a little sumthin myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up