Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visiting Manchester and Concord  (Read 2890 times)

Optimus Prime

Visiting Manchester and Concord
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:03:48 pm »

Hey y'all, I just recently joined the forum but I'm ready to visit the great state of New Hampshire next week! I will be flying into Boston and staying with a fraternity brother outside of the city. We will be commuting into the state and I would like to visit Manchester and Concord as those are two cities that I have pinpointed as possible residences. I will be around the entire week so I'm interested in meeting up with some free staters and attending some meetings. I would really appreciate some input on fun things to do in these cities! Thanks in advance, Free Staters.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Visiting Manchester and Concord
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:28:04 am »

Hey y'all, I just recently joined the forum but I'm ready to visit the great state of New Hampshire next week! I will be flying into Boston and staying with a fraternity brother outside of the city. We will be commuting into the state and I would like to visit Manchester and Concord as those are two cities that I have pinpointed as possible residences. I will be around the entire week so I'm interested in meeting up with some free staters and attending some meetings. I would really appreciate some input on fun things to do in these cities! Thanks in advance, Free Staters.

Tuesday... Taproom in Manchester.
Concord is a great walking town
The roads around Concord and Manchester are great 'country' roads if you like the drive.

What sort of things are you interested in and we can point you to some things that might interest you.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:09:02 am »

one group in concord goes for walks in the woods each saturday

look up amanda an facebook
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Optimus Prime

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:19:59 am »

The roads around Concord and Manchester are great 'country' roads if you like the drive.

What sort of things are you interested in and we can point you to some things that might interest you.

I'm going to check out Taproom on Tuesday, is there a cover charge to get in? I'm a sports fan so I'm thinking of checking out the minor league baseball team in Manchester during the week.  Can anyone recommend good eating establishments in downtown Manchester? I'm a big history buff so any historical location suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:39:23 am »

I'm going to check out Taproom on Tuesday, is there a cover charge to get in? I'm a sports fan so I'm thinking of checking out the minor league baseball team in Manchester during the week.  Can anyone recommend good eating establishments in downtown Manchester? I'm a big history buff so any historical location suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)
no cover charge for Murphys.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/schedule/index.jsp?sid=t463  Mon Tue Wed (day) games for Fishercats.  Cheap tickets can be had.

History... depends on what kind you want... the mills in Manchester have unique history.

Food in Concord:  Siam Orchid is pretty good Thai food.

Optimus Prime

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 06:53:58 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations so far! I plan on touring the state capitol building and the museum of history in Concord. Never had Thai food but I'm a very open minded eater so I will have to check out Siam Orchid. Anyone know of cheap lodging in Manchester?

Ed

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 07:11:49 pm »

if you don't have Thai food where you live I highly recommend you try some if you are going to be in a place where there is Thai food. It is very good.

Also, consider moving to a place that has Thai food.
It's really good.

Argentum

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 08:01:48 pm »

if you don't have Thai food where you live I highly recommend you try some if you are going to be in a place where there is Thai food. It is very good.

Also, consider moving to a place that has Thai food.
It's really good.
Four Seasons.  Piscataway, NJ

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:27:50 am »

Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations so far! I plan on touring the state capitol building and the museum of history in Concord. Never had Thai food but I'm a very open minded eater so I will have to check out Siam Orchid. Anyone know of cheap lodging in Manchester?
Cheapest decent hotels are near Manchester airport due to competition. Or you might be able to get a crash couch at Porc Manor.
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

Optimus Prime

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 11:16:59 pm »

I'm loving it up here! Just got a new tattoo here at Bitter Sweet Tattoos. Can't wait to move and join my new liberty brothers and sisters in The Shire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything