Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down

Author Topic: PorcFest 2010 raises reservations about joining the FSP  (Read 78777 times)

Sovereign Laissez-faire LeRoux

Re: PorcFest 2010 raises reservations about joining the FSP
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2010, 06:41:15 am »

Those 'checks' of identity and residence is what registration is about.

Ahh, no, its not. As I said, they were perfectly able to check the eligibility of voters before they began demanding pre-registration. Pre-registration wasn't done in America for about the first 100 years. And, if you believe it is being used to stop voter fraud now, well, I have a bridge to sell you. If anything, it provides false security allowing for far more voter fraud.

I don't know what 'tax collection' your talking about.

The 'courts'. They are all about business, collecting taxes. Certainly, there is no Justice to be found in them, aside from your occasional jury nullification.
"The essence of an individuals freedom is the opportunity to deviate from traditional ways of thinking and of doing things." ~Ludwig von Mises

Argentum

« Reply #346 on: July 19, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »

Ther are many non-racist, but illegitimate, reasons for opposing free migration.

I haven't heard any non-racist reasons for opposing people moving, except those that are just a cover for the underlying racism.

For example, you often hear "they're getting welfare", but you never hear these same people promote taking the born-here welfare recipients and kicking them across the border.

You hear "they're taking our jerbs", but these folks never talk about preventing the born-on-this-side folks from procreating.

Maybe you could call it born-here-ism rather than racism. but it sure doesn't seem any different to me.

Economics, an incorrect view of national sovereignty, and a incorrect reading of the Constitution as it relates to immigration are three that I can think of.

BigJoe

« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2010, 09:36:26 pm »

Ther are many non-racist, but illegitimate, reasons for opposing free migration.

I haven't heard any non-racist reasons for opposing people moving, except those that are just a cover for the underlying racism.

For example, you often hear "they're getting welfare", but you never hear these same people promote taking the born-here welfare recipients and kicking them across the border.

You hear "they're taking our jerbs", but these folks never talk about preventing the born-on-this-side folks from procreating.

Maybe you could call it born-here-ism rather than racism. but it sure doesn't seem any different to me.

Economics, an incorrect view of national sovereignty, and a incorrect reading of the Constitution as it relates to immigration are three that I can think of.

would love to hear these supposed economic reasons

Argentum

« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2010, 05:20:31 pm »

The economic reasons are "low wages are undercutting Americans" thing.  I though that would have been the most obvious objection to immigration.  Again, I don't support these objections.  I am just pointing them out.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2010, 06:54:01 pm »

Those 'checks' of identity and residence is what registration is about.

Ahh, no, its not. As I said, they were perfectly able to check the eligibility of voters before they began demanding pre-registration. Pre-registration wasn't done in America for about the first 100 years. And, if you believe it is being used to stop voter fraud now, well, I have a bridge to sell you. If anything, it provides false security allowing for far more voter fraud.

I don't know what 'tax collection' your talking about.

The 'courts'. They are all about business, collecting taxes. Certainly, there is no Justice to be found in them, aside from your occasional jury nullification.
They don't demand pre-registration here. Actually for the first several years in NH, only property taxpayers could vote. And with a low population and everyone knowing everyone... didn't even really need to ID yourself.
And our courts, which have little involvement with taxes, don't have the power to tax.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:55:38 pm by John Edward Mercier »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up