Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: We Are Change?  (Read 10228 times)

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
Re: We Are Change?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 05:39:00 pm »

We Are Change learns from Free-Staters!

The WAC-NY crew were guests of AltExpo#6 and Luke Rudkowski gave the 16:00 presentation on Saturday (video available from AltExpo.org soon). They wandered down to the pavilion and loved what they saw happening at PorcFest – so much so that they’ve adopted and adapted SoapBox Idol for their upcoming 9/11 activities!

On their Meetup page for the planned street actions in Manhattan 9 September 2010, they say:

Learning seminars & presentations will kick off @ 9pm on the Main Stage…

At 10:15 join us for Activist Idol – inspired by PorcFest Soap Box Idol, this will give contestants the chance to rant for 1 minute straight, winner will be chosen by 3 professional bullhorning panelists and awarded a golden bullhorn as well as a chance to present their speech during our main event on Saturday evening!

—-

All I’ve gotta say is “the networking is WORKING!”
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:29:10 pm by JaqEboy »

Mdj

• Mark Douglas Jacobsen
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 03:40:27 am »

Thanks Lance and JaqEboy. I will look at the links.

Mdj

• Mark Douglas Jacobsen
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 03:41:43 am »

PS I was just kidding about not joining because of the name.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 09:36:42 pm »

Just FYI, the AltOrgs tour will include a trip to Manhattan that will take us to join the WAC-NY folks in ttheir street actions, workshops and other things. There'll be a trip to Ground Zero and the new WTC7, as well as to the CFR headquarters.

The trip details will all be posted to http://AltOrgs.com. The tour dates are linked to from the home page, or you can go directly to: http://altorgs.com/2010-altorgs-tour/.

There will be a "tour details" page developed for that trip as it comes together.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 07:20:57 am »

I like the We are Change folks.
They often visit and sometimes do big stuph in NH.

I like what Steve-o, Jaqe, and Maxx are saying.

We sometimes run 9/11 Truth article in our paper. I like truth. I like letting people know that the government kills people. I like tweaking some libertarians.

We will not be politically correct as we dismantle this evil empire.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 09:39:19 am »

OK! We Are Change released their plans for 9/11 weekend in Manhattan starting Thursday, 9 September on a Meetup page here. (Note that they adopted something from PorcFest for one of their Thursday night activities.)

There will be the WAC-NY events on 9/11 weekend, and others, which I'll post when I find out about them.

I'm organizing a tour down to Manhattan on a chartered bus for 9/11 weekend this year, which can make pickups in Portsmouth, Manchester, Boston, Keene, Northampton (final routing depending on signups). Details on the tour will appear on the AltOrgs.com tour site. We're making this the most economically possible trip to NYC, with accommodations at homes and hostels. There'll be a lot to learn from presentations and there'll be lots of music and camaraderie, too. You may want to come to NYC this year for 9/11 weekend.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:09:23 am by JaqEboy »

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 02:09:46 am »

Here's a better page for the WAC-NY events on 9/11 weekend this year.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up