Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another 'on my way' thread  (Read 2918 times)

hiltonizer

Another 'on my way' thread
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:09:54 pm »

Well... The ball is rolling. The pre-approval is in place, the down payment is residing comfortably in the savings account, and the Realtor took us around to houses for the first time yesterday.

I'm not coming from too far... barely 10 miles into Massachusetts territory right now. The wife and I both need to commute down 95, so we're looking at the Seacoast. Newton has some good prices and is close, we've looked at 5 already there, probably making an offer in the next 30 days. Things in our price range in Kensington and Hampton Falls disappeared before we could get to look at them!

Lease here is up August 31... getting down to the wire!

UPDATE: Post #8, we signed a P+S!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:45:21 pm by hiltonizer »
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners.” — Edward Abbey

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Another 'on my way' thread
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 05:56:35 pm »

congrats

(I hope that you and you wife are signed up... so that we can move both counters)

hiltonizer

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:05:29 pm »

congrats

(I hope that you and you wife are signed up... so that we can move both counters)

Good call... i've already been on a few years... I'll have her get her on there now.
“Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners.” — Edward Abbey

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:53:15 pm »

Seabrook has a very low cost of ownership (low utilities, low property taxes, and we don't get double charged for garbage pickup, recycling, etc), and there are quite a few affordable homes in town.  We also have a few liberty folks elected to office (including myself), and tons of proliberty locals in town.  I'd look around at some of the properties here.

porcmanor.com  for housing
nhliberty.org  to get involved in state politics right off the bat (we're starting State Rep campaign season, already)
pledgebank.com/Next1000  to let folks know that you're coming soon (each family member can sign up for that one)

The southern seacoast is really nice, and you get both easy access to everything and the ocean effect, especially if you can get something east of I-95.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:55:59 pm »

Also, we have a weekly meetup at the Butcher Shop & Fish Market (actually, more of a restaurant, nowadays) at 97 Lafayette Road in Hampton Falls.  That one is every Saturday at 2pm.  Chad (the owner) just asks that people buy something, which is a pretty good deal because you can get one of seven different sandwiches (salmon, 1/2 pound burger, swordfish, beef brisket, etc) with plenty of fries for $2.99.  It's worth going just for the food--even if no one shows up--which has happened because it's a new meetup.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

hiltonizer

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 01:14:32 pm »

Thanks Maxx,

Even now I head up to Seabrook on Saturdays to do my sales tax free shopping, cheaper gas, and booze. Maybe I'll start popping into the fish market for lunch and run into some porc's.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 02:15:08 pm »

Good to see another person transplanting from mAssachusetts.  I know a lot of people there but they are all too tied to family and property to move, even just a few miles.  At least I saved my wife from the "bend over and take it" state.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »

coool
see ya
or maybe not, since i never get to the seacoast and there are just so many freestaters here now
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

hiltonizer

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 09:44:45 pm »

UPDATE:

We just signed a P+S today on an awesome deal we got in Newton (on Pond Street by the gun range [smile]). Anticipated closing is the end of August.

Can the good ol' boy network recommend any Home, Well, and Septic inspectors? I gotta start making calls tomorrow to knock these out.

We'll be sure to update our status's on the pledge on closing day. Can't wait to be in a free(er) state.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:41 pm »

UPDATE:

We just signed a P+S today on an awesome deal we got in Newton (on Pond Street by the gun range [smile]). Anticipated closing is the end of August.

Can the good ol' boy network recommend any Home, Well, and Septic inspectors? I gotta start making calls tomorrow to knock these out.

We'll be sure to update our status's on the pledge on closing day. Can't wait to be in a free(er) state.

What area you in?  I'm in the Nashua area and a home inspector I hired here just saved me a lot of pain and money.  He's pretty good.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

hiltonizer

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 09:42:35 am »

Newton is next to Plaistow on the Seacoast.

I've made my appointments now, was just curious if anyone knew of any FSP connections I could have given the business too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up